[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a male to stop pedestalizing me? I have been buddies

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: B2oAwCoIIAAXEdp.png (59KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
B2oAwCoIIAAXEdp.png
59KB, 600x719px
How do I get a male to stop pedestalizing me? I have been buddies with this guy for a while, we like the same kinds of things and get along well and I like talking to him and listening to what he has to say.

He's developed very strong romantic feelings for me though, and is open about them. I have been clear that I am not interested in pursuing relationships, but it hasn't dissuaded him. He pedestalizes me like crazy, showering me in overblown compliments and affection. He thinks i'm perfect and says so frequently. I have tried to be frank about this stuff but it hasn't gotten though.

I want to be friends with him but I don't know what to do about this.
>>
>>38278738
Ghosting him will be the only way to fix this.
>>
>>38278738

Nice b8 m8. I r8 9/11 on your boipu55y.
>>
>>38278738
He's in love with you that is why he's under the love spell. When you're in love with someone, their flaws turn into things they admire. Why don't you love him? You find him ugly? Just tell him that you don't love him, and that you don't find him attractive enough and explain to him that it is easy for a girl your age to get very attractive goes not average. And that you feel like you are entitled to someone better.
>>
>>38278793
I dont see how he can be in love with ne when he only hardly knows me. We chat online, and have only been doing so for a couple months maybe.
>>
>>38278856
A man can fall in love with you just by your beauty, or body or just by talking to you and especially if he is lonely like most young guys are. In the same way girls can fall in love with a guy who has abs, wide shoulders, handsome face, etc very fast without even talking to them that much.
>>
>>38278738

Drop the old "well my boyfriend" line.
>>
>>38278889
He's never even seen my face or my body, though.

The problem is that this is just infatuation. It isn't love.

>>38278909
I genuinely don't want a relationship and have told him that, I can't pretend to have a boyfriend. That wouldn't make sense.

And anyway i don't want to lie to him, he deserves better.
>>
>>38278977
>He's never even seen my face or my body, though.
drop him, he's a thirsty mentally ill retard
>>
>>38278977
>The problem is that this is just infatuation. It isn't love.
No it is both. To have a deep infatuation like he does with you got to love them first.

Why don't you want a relationship? Why don't you fulfill your biological mission in life and go find a husband instead of thinking of your own selfish desires.
>>
>>38278977

Well. He's going to hit on you until you flat out tell him he's unattractive.

Then he'll stop orbiting and ghost you.
>>
>>38278856

It's really nice having a woman around. I feel for both of you, each for different reasons.

Because I've been on both sides of this dynamic...

You can do what I did, gently rebuff her advances, but letting them know I still care about them, and still take time to talk.

On his end, he needs to learn a thing or two: Namely, that online relationships are pretty much nothing until you meet and have sex. If you don't seal the deal (by meeting, sex conditional), you'll never truly know that person.

But yeah. The online thing. Definitely easier to put people on a pedestal when you don't actually know them.
>>
>>38279020
I don't have any desires I am pursuing. I just don't feel I am particularly well fit for a relationship. I am mess and can't even maintain more basic social relationships, much less complex and important ones like long term romantic relationships.
>>
Why not just accept it? I don't mean like start a relationship or anything, but you could use and abuse him and he would probably love the attention.

He is in love, he is puddy in your hands you could get him to do anything for you.
>>
>>38279094
There is no skill in maintaining a relationship. Do you know what love is? It means loving a person for who/he is. If he is in love with you, he loves you as himself. Men don't care about that stuff. Men aren't picky with who they love like you women are. We aren't shallow, we love people for who they are. We do not reject a person because she as one flaw like you women do.
>>
>>38278738

Just open a steam wallet
>>
>>38279128

I'm not her but I would like to point out something

>There is no skill in maintaining a relationship.

Very untrue.

Relationships take work. A lot of it.

>Do you know what love is?

Do you?

Real love begins with paying attention; with a gracious act of self-forgetting.

What then, if our lives are a mess? is it fair to start something we know we can't follow through on? I avoid relationships for the same reasons she does, and I'm a guy.

and the rest of your post is pure opinion.
>>
>>38279128
There is skill in maintaining a relationship though. You have to be able to be open about your feelings and communicate effectively and be comfortable around a person, that stuff is hard.
>>
>>38279220
>Relationships take work. A lot of it
They definitely do, and a lot on a LDR. But there is no defined skill set for them. Except asking yourself what you want and trying to be honest about it.
>>
>>38279097
That's terrible, anon. I want the guy to be happy, not the victim on manipulation and abuse
>>
>>38278738
>fuck you virgin. you'll never get a piece of me no matter how hard you try.
that ought to work.

Don't worry, if he's a robot he'll handle it well. robots are immune to deprecation.
If he's not a robot thought he'll probably an hero.
>>
>>38278738
Do you have try to speak with him about this?

>He's never even seen my face or my body, though.

He never see you irl. But have you send photos or do webcam ?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.