[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you emotionally free yourself from a narcissistic mot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: shinji crying.jpg (3KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
shinji crying.jpg
3KB, 160x90px
How do you emotionally free yourself from a narcissistic mother, anons?

>tfw my mother has emotionally abused me my whole life
>tfw a good friend of mine just showed me this article
>tfw more than half of this puts my mother's behavior into words perfectly
>http://parrishmiller.com/narcissists.html

>She makes you look crazy. If you try to confront her about something she's done, she'll tell you that you have "a very vivid imagination"
>It is impossible to confront someone over their tone of voice, their demeanor or the way they look at you, but once your narcissistic mother has you trained, she can promise terrible punishment without a word. As a result, you're always afraid, always in the wrong, and can never exactly put your finger on why.

Feelsbadman
>>
>>38269690
Wtf I don't know why it uploaded a 3 KB version of the OP image. lol
>>
File: aaa.jpg (55KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
55KB, 500x432px
but that's wrong anon

you do it like she told you to or it's just not right to her
>>
>>38269885
Mom, why are you shilling on my thread?
>>
>>38269939

look at wagie, he's making 5 figures monthly while you're here sulking in a belgian sweatshop forum
>>
>>38270048
Tfw my mom would always compare me to my friends, and seldom acknowledge my success.
>>
>>38270157

That's the point, moms keep making you stress about the future while all your past work and capabilities seem trivial to them
>>
>>38270209
I feel like all women are just natural narcissists, albeit to varying degrees.
>>
>>38269690
You've got quite the imagination anon.
>>
>>38270265
I took that seriously before a split second before I realized that you were quoting the article, and it unironically emotionally triggered me.
>>
>>38270355
Sorry man lel
>>
>>38270355

For one, did you even bother to explicitly let your mom know what you want to do in life?
>>
>>38270370
Yeah, I have. Why do you ask?
>>
>>38270413
>don't speak to me with that tone, young man
>>
Fuck me man I couldnt imagine growing up around someone like that
>>
I have a friend like that, he just turned 26 and can't pick out his own clothes or decide what to eat.
>>
>>38269690
Try not speaking to her.
>>
File: 1489551530294.jpg (113KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489551530294.jpg
113KB, 1080x1080px
>>38269690
You just stop caring. Source me. I realized my mom was a narcissist sophomore year of HS without her I wouldn't be a robot I had just moved in with her in the 6th grade for a fresh start after one year of friends she told me how they don't care about me that no one could really care about me other than her and many other things just stop caring about her is the best way to do it
>>
>>38271108
I'm a poor college student and I live with my parents over the summer, so that's pretty much impossible, at the moment. In the future when I'm financially independent, I probably will.
>>
File: 1432373156708.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1432373156708.gif
2MB, 400x240px
I've always memed about my mother being this way as she always made it feel that my siblings and my accomplishments were her own. She never really engages us on a personal level and instead thinks of us as a checklist of things worth showing off.

My sister actually made a good point of noting how the mother notes events related to us.
>It's not "anon got into gradschool", it's "MY son got into gradschool"
>It's not "anonette's wedding", it's "MY daughter's wedding"
>I know how hard navy is, MY son is in it
etc.

Might not seem like a big deal, but it kind of fucks with you when you try so hard and are only treated as a person when it's time to show off. It's especially offputting when she has the audacity to post an elaborate facebook (inb4 normie) birthday greeting on the public wall about how proud she is of you when she can't be arsed to tell you in person when you live in the same place.

I forgot how butthurt I was about all this.
>>
>>38269690
I always called my mother psychotich, and I couldn't quite describe exactly to my therapist how she acted. But this description is shockingly accurate. You guys don't want to live with a person like this. I blame her for everything, I fucking hate my mother. I frequently fantisize stabbing her while she's asleep.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.