[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seriously considering deluding myself into religion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1422528654437.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1422528654437.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
I'm seriously considering deluding myself into religion just so i can be less depressed
I'm pretty aware of its bullshit but it'll be nice if it can give me some kind of hope
What do you think
>>
I've deluded myself into believing systemspace crap to give me hope so yeah go find a religion fuckboi
>>
>>38263568
There's no need to delude yourself. There are a lot of reasons to believe in God.
>>
>>38263568
If your faith is not honest it will not help you
>>
File: 1489765517379-kopi.gif (77KB, 618x490px) Image search: [Google]
1489765517379-kopi.gif
77KB, 618x490px
>>38263568
Start practicing Zen Buddhism it's a lot easier to believe in (at least for me). Also meditation has been proven to be good for you so...
>>
Also, Being spiritual or just believing in something in general is really good for you, it gives you a sense of direction and a place to look for advice.
So many people has fallen for the "euphoric atheist" meme, being spiritual is one of the most intelligent ways to rebel in todays world.
Fuck atheists.
>>
File: powervsforce.png (62KB, 690x440px) Image search: [Google]
powervsforce.png
62KB, 690x440px
>>38263568
I am an atheist and don't believe in any supernatural element to the universe. However as good as science is for describing the material world, it does not provide an explanation for consciousness which is at the centre of the human experience.

Emotions are described by science as chemicals in your brain, but they're far more than that to us as we feel them, and yet we have no decent framework for describing and navigating this space within ourselves.

Well spirituality can provide that framework and a way to navigate that space, and you can have access to it without sacrificing your pragmatism or rationality. You just have to be smart enough to not interpret everything you read 100% literally, and selectively ignore all the bullshit that woos and retards have surrounded the useful parts with. Like fucking crystals. Its so disappointing to meet someone who understands what high vibration emotional energy is and who then goes on to talk about crystals. If you can filter that shit out then you will find great value in this sphere of human knowledge.

Practices like mindful meditation and such have also had tangible clinically proven benefits in particular in reducing social anxiety and emotional pain. The right ventral pre-frontal cortex is an area of the brain which is associated with dampening physical and emotional pain, particularly the emotional pain that comes from social rejection, because it turns out that physical pain and the pain of rejection heavily overlap in the brain. And studies have shown that minimal training in meditation has significantly reduced anxiety and sensitivity to physical pain in subjects.

So you can find value in spiritual pursuits without the need for purposeful self-delusion.
>>
>>38263568

>it's bullshit

What's bullshit? The stories? Maybe, but the experience is real. I think it could definitely help to participate in a sermon and stop thinking about your problems.
>>
>>38264475
>Science doesn't provide an explanation for consciousness
Science doesn't provide perfectly compliant, detailed answers for anything at all.

The field of sciences you're looking for are neurology and psychology. It's not just chemicals. There's a lot of structural stuff going on with the neurons as well. Psychology is far more speculative than neurology, and far less coherent. Neurology avoids making leaps and assumptions in favor of attempting to accurately describe everything it can.

Spirituality provides hand-waving answers to various questions, but it doesn't provide consistent results when conclusions are re-applied to other problems. You end up running into conflicts eventually.
>>
won't help you if you don't put effrod, but you won't know until you give a try.

give it a try
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.