[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is not having a facebook considered weird? I'm afraid of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1475537468752.jpg (14KB, 323x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475537468752.jpg
14KB, 323x250px
Is not having a facebook considered weird?

I'm afraid of meeting old friends.
>>
>>38254503
in most cases yeah.
you need it if you want to ever be invited to anything.
>>
>>38254563
How can I get a profile picture that won't immediately signal to people that I'm autistic?
>>
>>38254841
4 years on fb still looking for a gr8 profile picture
>>
after 5 years of FB I just gave up.
I'm too autistic for social media, it just makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>38254503
none of the normies i know have mentioned facebook at all in like 2 years
>>
>>38254841
Im actually making mine in a month because I start uni in september. Heres some rules I just pulled out of my gaped ass
>have someone else take the picture (no selfie)
>don't edit it or add filters its too try hard
>be doing something in your picture (anything like drinking coffee, playing guitar, some hipster shit)

obviously this depends on what kind of image youre trying to project to people but yeah

>pic related is something similar to what I want
>>
File: 6214871.jpg (38KB, 530x325px) Image search: [Google]
6214871.jpg
38KB, 530x325px
>>38254868
I don't want to resort to a shitty selfie in my room by myself but have no idea what else to do.

>>38254900
>>38254984
Is it better to not create one and tolerate people thinking I'm a loser? They will think this sooner or later anyway.
>>
>>38255001
Thank you anon but I have no friends to take the picture.

I'm rethinking this whole idea anyway. I don't even know 20 people to befriend besides the classmates from 5 years ago.
>>
>>38255189
get mommy to take it, or use a laptop idk
>>
It is not worth having a Facebook, don't get peer pressured into this stupid shit. Apart from all the privacy concerns which are enough of a problem by themselves, Facebook is shown to lower the perceived quality of your life and induce depression. It can also be addictive and turn you into a boring fuck who sits awkwardly scrolling through a wall of shitty meme videos instead of socializing with actual people. Remember that anything you do online is permanent forever, so don't fall for the meme of even making a basic account that "you never use" like all the fucking addicts even on this website say they have.
>>
>>38255282
its definitely worth having if you're in high school / university, assuming you want to be invited to things. Also, those shy low self esteem girls /r9k/ loves? they will ONLY ever start talking to you through DMs
>>
>>38255282
This puts it to rest.

Thanks anon, I won't make a fb. Within seconds of meeting me people will know the truth anyway.

>>38255323
>wanting a low self-esteem gf
I'd rather die alone than have a gf with low self-esteem.
>>
>>38255323
Good job falling for the meme you cuck faggot. I guess nobody ever spoke to each other or organized events until (((Zuckerberg))) came up with this revolutionary idea? I wouldn't want to associate with a girl who has a Facebook account and anyone who would is a normie.
>>
File: 1479611443719.jpg (71KB, 645x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479611443719.jpg
71KB, 645x1024px
>was a NEET for the past ~5 years, haven't had a facebook for equally as long
>fell for the "DUDE you can't get hired for a JOB if you don't have a FACEBOOK, LMAO" meme
>decided to apply for a call center on a lark anyway
>got the job
Now I'm considering making a fake (female) facebook profile page, just so I can stalk and compile info on all my coworkers
>>
In the age of social media, yeah, it's considered weird if you don't have one. One family friend straight up told me that I must have something to hide because I don't have a facebook.
>>
>>38255388
no ur a cuck D:
>>
I use fake facebook accounts to DM cuties... I don't even know what I am trying to accomplish by doing so.
>>
>>38254503
Don't want a kikebook account. All my family is on there and they would pester and embarrass me because that's their favorite pass time.

Don't have any irl friends.

Don't want old classmates looking me up.

My life is super uninteresting and would have nothing to post.
>>
>>38255427
This is the gayest argument ever. It's not like by not making a FB account you're going out of your way to obscure information about yourself. People aren't born with an account by default (yet) so not having one is just a result of inaction, not a coverup.
Honestly I think a lot of people know that FB makes them miserable and they attack people without one as a defence mechanism. Like new parents who tell other couples they need to have kids because they know they fucked up their own life and want to take down others with them. It's called a crab mentality.
>>
>>38255427
It also does effect your job situation as well
I don't have one and had it pointed out to me in an interview and I got asked to explain why I didn't have one
>>
>>38255642
"Facebook is just one of the websites I don't have accounts on. I also don't have a Deviantart or a GameFAQs account. In fact, there are more websites I don't have accounts for than there are websites that I do".
It might sound autistic, but it's their fault for asking such a ridiculous question.
>>
>>38255642
see
>>38255417
Maybe you should just try gitting gud?
>>
>>38255369
>I'd rather die alone than have a gf with low self-esteem.
W-why?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.