[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw summoned for jury duty NOOOO I DON'T WANNA GO BUT

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (94KB, 716x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 716x520px
>tfw summoned for jury duty
NOOOO I DON'T WANNA GO BUT I DON'T HAVE A LEGAL EXCUSE
>>
>>38253419
I told em I was treated for depression in the past and they let me go.
Which sorta sucks since I wanted to do it.

If you got nothing what are u doin on here buddy??
>>
>>38253419
Can you tell them you're really, really racist, to get out of it?
>>
>>38253440
Really? I was treated for depression in my teens, maybe I can play that up and get out early.
>>
>>38253419
Just take Homer's advice: say you're prejudiced against all races.
>>
>>38253461
>Can you tell them you're really, really racist, to get out of it?
I seem to remember some guy trying to do that, the judge not amused knowing what he was trying to do, and held him in contempt till the end of the trial.
>>
Just do it. I had to do it once, actually kinda enjoyed it
>>
>>38253492
I'm kind of afraid of this happening if I try to fuck with them with overplayed racism or implications of jury nullification.
>>
>>38253419
Someone told me to slip in there that you have good friends that are lawyers. Usually they don't want you to associate yourself with lawyers giving you legal advice.
>>
>>38253419
I had jury duty a few weeks ago but I got out because I recently moved to a different county.
>>
>>38253419
Tell them you seen 12 angry men and that you will disagree with any opinion that isn't yours.
>>
If you are a wagecuck, have your employer write a note that you are so valuable that your abscence will majorly disrupt the business.
>>
>>38253419
I just made comments towards other potential jurors along the lines of "i bet its a black/mexican." "Probably some mexican who didn't stop at our jobs when he went on a stealing spree." Etc. then when they asked me during the interview if i was racist or have a prejudice against certain people i went "oh...is that an issue? Do we not have freedom of speech in a house of law? Fucking kikes.". Told me they'd call me back in if i was picked then me and 20 others weren't picked and i went home.
I'm surprised it worked seeing as i myself am not white.
>>
Just go, I was selected for the first time this year. I was nervous as shit but it went by pretty quick. Was in a giant room with about 400 people just waiting to be placed in a group. Spent like 2 hours fucking around on my phone and listening to music till I was called. Then my group was lead to a courtroom and the judge explained the case and how long it would be. After that they passed around a microphone to have us explain if we could stay or not. The hardest part is just making up some excuse. I just said I was a caregiver for a grandparent but people said alot of things like school, or transport shit like that.
>>
>>38253419
>do you have any biases that may prevent you from making decisions based soley on the law
Just say that you'll refuse to find someone guilty if you disagree with the law being dealt with
>>
>>38253419
Wear a fedora into the court and try to reenact 12 Angry Men.
>>
When I went there was one dude who just rambled about guns and the government monitoring us and they sent him home. This is your one time to let the 'tism out anon.
>>
My grandpa would just drop the word "jungle bunny" and get out easy.
>>
Just say you're a libertarian and will refuse to convict any victimless crime.

*ends up spending months in a murder trial*
>>
>>38253419
You could try and argue that you have some level of legal knowledge that could impede your ability to act impartially and might influence the other jurors. It was why I couldn't do it.
>>
>>38253419
Literally just mention jury nullification. Everything else is a meme but they are genuinely scared of anyone who knows jury nullification is a thing. The police have arrested people standing outside of courthouses handing out flyers on nullification before. If you are aware of it at all, they won't let you within a mile of the bench.
>>
OP - If you've ever gone to college or higher education, they will refuse to take you.
>>
File: (3).png (281KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
(3).png
281KB, 640x480px
>>38255541
>If you've ever gone to college or higher education, they will refuse to take you.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>38255532
literally the latest iteration of "AM I BEING DETAINED I DO NOT CONSENT"
enjoy your obstruction of justice charge and divine punishment
>>
>>38255588
No. Are you?

If you are going to college even part time you are ineligible for jury duty because the court doesn't want smart, educated people sitting on the jury.

They want stupid, borderline illiterates who will either convict or acquit based on what the lawyers tell them to do.

They don't want smart people who can critically think and analyze and make their own decisions.
>>
>>38255532
What is jury nullification? I'm too stupid to read wiki articles on it, can you give me a greentext tl;dr on how to Jury Nullificate?
>>
>>38255634
Your post is factually incorrect and presumably masking some deep-seated insecurities and prejudices.
>>
I feel like people would be less opposed to taking part in their civic duty as an American citizen if they didn't make it such a pain in the ass. Woe to you if you get stuck in a high profile case. Then you're basically detained in a hotel room with no television, newspaper, or internet until the end of the trial.
>>
>>38255634
Your wrong.
Also >>>/x/
>>
Go to whoever's in charge of jury duty, speak with them, and give him a firm handshake.
>>
>>38255660
Basically as a juror you have the right to make any decision you want for any reason you want regarding how you vote on the case regardless of what the evidence shows.
>>
just mutter "man he looks guilty as fuck" loud enough for everyone to hear and youll get told to leave
>>
>>38253492
But what if I am racist?
>>
I've never had to serve. Half my family are cops, so they always go "are you related to so and so?", and I'm like yes, cousin/uncle/etc. and both sides say that they don't need me. Thank you family for kicking in nigger heads, saved me some mild discomfort.
>>
If you don't want to do jury duty, just g there on the first day and say you're racist or have a bias against the type of person being charged. They'll let you go and you can go back to playing video games and jacking off to traps.
>>
mention jury nullification

they don't want jurors who know about it
>>
I live in Chicago and if you just throw away the letter you're fine. There is no proof you ever read or received it so they move on to the next person.
>>
The trick is to tell them you're prejudiced against all races
>>
>>38255798
This shit. You'll be the one guy who won't vote in-line with the rest of the jurors just to prolong the process until you piss off the judge and he holds you in contempt and obstruction of justice.
Its a pissy thing to do out of nowhere and it pisses off the judge so prepare for hefty fines if you continue it.
If you start asking about it prior to being taken they might drop you altogether though i've seen people tell you to shut the fuck up or else on the spot about it because if you get outed for it then the other jurors will ask as well.
1:3 you get off jury duty 2:3 you're now under a close watch and tight leash.
>>
>>38253419
Could I tell them I am a Muslim and that it would inhibit my ability to be legally impartial?
>>
>>38255634
mfw both parents are college graduates and have done jury duty at least twice each that I can recall.

Whoops there goes your conspiracy theory.
>>
>>38253419
Just go in and sit in the lobby for a few hours and then go home. That's all I did, I just played Zero Escape til they said I could fuck off.
>>
>>38256754
If you can prove beyond a doubt, literally need a passage in the qouran or whatever it is and point to it that says you HAVE to be an unrelenting prick to none muslims, that you can't be legally imparial based on your religion. If you just say "nah, dudes christian i have to say he's guilty for that alone." With no evidence you have 1 chance to shut up or be held in contempt.
>>
I was called once
They didn't need me so I ended up not having to go

Pretty normal deal
>>
>>38256685
1. This is a meme
2. It's from the Simpsons
3. You probably won't be asked any questions at all
4. If you are chosen, it will probably be for minor civil bullshit
5. If you sperg the fuck out you'll be fined and possibly spend the rest of the day in a holding cell and not get paid.
>>
>>38256648
Sure, just don't get pulled over or you'll get arrested on a bench warrant :^)
>>38256754
Can you prove it if they force you to?
>>38256358
Do this and you'll still have to spend the day there, just in lockup with hooks and drunk drivers in a room that smells like vomit and you won't get paid
>>38256176
Yeah, get held in contempt for not being able to control yourself in court.

Lots of summer kids in here who watch way too much television.
>>
>>38253419
I don't know if it's the same in America but here in Ireland I was summoned a couple of years ago.
They do a thing when they're picking the jury, the defendant can ask for 2 or 3 jury members to leave and they get replaced before the trial, I dunno why.

So when I was on the bench I just stared at the guy as if I didn't like him, he was staring back at me and eventually asked for me to be changed so I was free to leave. I was delighted.
>>
>>38255792
I chuckled tha ks
>>
File: 1498898146454.png (508KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498898146454.png
508KB, 800x720px
Always wanted jury duty desu. Would sound pretty fun if you got a murder case
>>
>>38253419
Eat a piece of your own shit so you get mildly sick for a day or two
>>
>>38257426
Murder is a double edged sword. 8n a case where the defendant can afford a decent attorney, they'd have a professional jury consultation that would exclude anyone who posted on this fucking website. If not, a trial with a PD is guaranteed to be a shit show.
>>
Just keep talking about Jury Nullification to everybody in earshot.
>>
>>38256731
so if i ask about Jury Nullification during the jury screening, will they fine me?
>>
>>38257932
You ask others or someone nearby while in the waiting room to be picked then during the interview but NOT during the actual trial.
>>
>get chosen to be on jury
>judge reads personal description filled out upon entering jury pool
>"Anon listens to the Howard Stern Show!"

>get tossed OFF jury by defending lawyer

Try THAT.
>>
Tfw I want to go do jury duty but never get the chance
feels bad man
>>
>>38253419
Tell them you may know the suspect
That should get you off the jury
>>
>>38253419
Why not? I got Jury Service as a 16 year old and was gutted when I found out I couldn't do it. Seems exciting, watching some degenerate defend himself and then getting to convince others to pass judgement on him.
>>
>>38255779
you mean
>>>/pol/ ?
they're the only board batshit insane enough to believe something that assumes the worst possible case and rejects all contrary evidence.
>>
>>38253419
Go anyways, it'll be fun and you'll maybe get paid depending on where you live.
What else are you doing?
>>
>>38253492
You can easily prove it by showing them they browse 4chan. Many normies know of it as "white supremacist" board. If not a quick google search will bring them multiple articles saying that it's full of racists and sexists.
>>
>>38253419
What I did to get excused from even going to the interviews was saying I had a doctors appointment that I couldn't miss. Did it twice and they said it's fine and will re summon me in about 3 years, kek.
>>
>>38253419
tell them that you are gonna kill yourself on that day
>>
>>38258469
I was there for a case where a kid was being sued by his landlord for painting a wall black, when it said in his lease he could paint it any color her wanted. Not sure why that kid needs to be "BTFO" but you wouldn't have gotten to vote anyway because the judge threw the case out.
>>
>>38255618
Kek, you can't be charged with obstruction for mentioning jury nullification, what the fuck are you even saying
>>
>>38259049
Hey, in that case the degenerate would've been the landlord and it would of have been equally satisfying.
>>
>>38253419
"I will uphold the law to the extent that the law is just, but I reserve my right to nullify laws that are unjust."
Say this exact thing and you won't serve on any jury your entire life
>>
>>38253419
Say something racist or off color during the selection and you'll probably be disqualified from serving.
>>
>>38259095
hello CGP grey
>>
>>38259076
You can be put in jail for contempt for the rest of the day, or just put in jail pending a charge and then released without being charged. Judges have a tremendous amount of power. Unless you're willing to back. Up your tough talk with a lawyer of your own, it's best you go to jury duty and sit there quietly, or just make up an excuse like everyone else.
>>
>>38259138
>You can be put in jail for contempt for the rest of the day, or just put in jail pending a charge and then released without being charged.
I'm gonna need a source
>>
File: fyr.png (28KB, 481x399px) Image search: [Google]
fyr.png
28KB, 481x399px
>>38259188
>asking for a source
>this...this isn't reddit, senpai.
This is what the law does when they don't want you around, especially at demonstrations. They arrest you for something bullshit, you get put in a cell, then in a few hours they let you go without charging you. Since they haven't charged you with anything, you can't sue them for anything. As for contempt, you can get a contempt fine for pretty much anything, and as long as they don't do anything more than fine you or hold you for less than 24 hours, there isn't a whole lot you can do.
>>
>>38259245
>M-muh reddit
Sorry, this is how it works. You need to back up the bullshit you say. The burden of proof is on you to show that you can get arrested for saying the words "jury nullification" in a court of law. Don't reply to me again until you have a source.
>>
File: IMG_0524.jpg (67KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0524.jpg
67KB, 600x450px
@38259280
https://www.google.com/search?q=arrested+for+talking+about+jury+nullification

So anyways, the adults in the room were talking.
>>
>>38253419
Do you have documents proving your autism? I brought mine and they let me go before I even got to the first question.
>>
>>38258469
The majority of cases are really boring
>>
>>38260249
yeah I don't care

it's more about being in a position of power
>>
>>38260463
One of the more pathetic posts I've seen on this board tbqphwyf
>>
>>38261792
>hurr durr my endless attempt at rubbishing someone else's enjoyment - the post

you sound like you belong on redddit
>>
>>38261992
Did I strike a nerve, you little manbaby?
>>
>>38253419

why the fuck don't people want to go to jury duty? I honestly don't get the hate. You get paid to do something other than your normal job, how is that not awesome?
>>
>>38253419
Just say you are aware of jury nullification.
>>
@38262124
no, it's just painfully obvious you're trying too hard, this is like babby's first attempt at trolling.
>>
>>38262218
They pay $12 + a little for miles traveled to the courthouse. Parking is discounted but not free. I'll be bored out of my mind all day, and honestly I'd rather just be at my normal job.
>>
>>38262418
That's $12 for the whole day, not per hour
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.