[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate having Asperger's. Because it's not always noticeable

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1477274869437.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1477274869437.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
I hate having Asperger's. Because it's not always noticeable by other people, most people have the same expectations of you as they'd have for neurotypicals. It pains me that I can't meet society's expectations but I also don't want to out myself as an aspie to them.
>>
>>38251960
what do they expect exactly?
any examples?
>>
Hey there Anon, I feel ya. I also have Asperger's. It sucks. But you know what? You can't let shit like this define you. I've managed to over come mine a bit... Try to work past this barrier of some prescription some doctor gave you. Blow everyone else's and your own expectations away. Learn to communicate with others the way others do (chances are, you already do and you just don't know), and most importantly, love yourself.
>>
>>38251974
A major one I can think of is people expecting you to be able to handle spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment decisions because everyone else can handle them. I get easily overwhelmed just at the mere thought of something unexpected ever happening and breaking up the "normal" flow of things for me.

Unfortunately my inability to handle the unexpected well led to several situations where I've involuntarily burned bridges with people I didn't necessarily want to lose. When I refused to do certain things with people, they concluded that it was because I didn't like them, but the truth was I did like them and wanted to hang out with them. I just couldn't find it within myself to do things sometimes.
>>
>>38252025
people are defining me. it can't be helped
>>
>>38252547
Anon, people only define you if you let then do it. I'm also an aspie and for much time i related to the same kind of dispair when it came to abrupt changes. Changing a school schedule or even changing classes was a total torture to me. Youll need to get to a "I'm done with that shit" level where your only option will be trying to analyze what's off in your behavior and "normalize" yourself internalizing what the NTs do. It worked with me from the strange body language and speech thing to the change anxiety issues.

Wish you the best
>>
>>38251960

Fellow aspie here. This is why I only hang out with other people with some kind of mental/developmental disorder (not just Asperger's, but bipolar, depression, PTSD, BPD, etc.). They're much easier to open up and be myself around and can relate to and understand my perception of the world a lot better than average people. I also make a point of being open about my autism with neurotypical people because if they have a problem with it, I want nothing to do with them and they can blow me.

Though I'll also say: this only applies to purely social relationships. I never bring it up in a work setting unless I feel so backed into a corner that I feel like I *have* to.
>>
>>38253902
I've only had one friend with a mental disorder and as a matter of fact it was a lot easier to understand him and get along with him than with neurotypicals. None of my relationships with the neurotypicals lasted even though I wanted them to, but I'm still friends with that one guy even today.

This might mean that maybe it's for the better that aspies DON'T try to fully integrate into neurotypical society. We have our own people whom we're generally happier and better off with, and the neurotypicals have theirs. I think it should stay that way.
>>
>>38254146
>This might mean that maybe it's for the better that aspies DON'T try to fully integrate into neurotypical society. We have our own people whom we're generally happier and better off with, and the neurotypicals have theirs. I think it should stay that way.

This is exactly the right mentality to have. It's still important to learn how to adapt as necessary to function and survive in society, but it was a huge weight off my shoulders and I became so much happier when I accepted that trying to hide and change who I am for the sake of being friends with people I don't understand and who don't understand me was a waste of time that was doing a lot more harm than good.
>>
>>38253797
>people only define you if you let them do it

That's retarded. Normies will define you like they define everyone.
>>
>>38253902
this 2bh
I am "standard issue" when it comes to my brain, but I have a co-worker/friend who has asperger's and he's open as a book about it with everyone for the reason you stated. The people who don't "get it" just aren't worth his time, which I really respect.
>>
>>38254213
The issue is that normies/neurotypicals won't let us have this. If we're not actually physically impaired or anything of that sort, we're still going to be forcibly integrated into their society in one way or another.
>>
>>38251960
I have Asperger's but I haven't been in a proper social situation for so long that I don't know how it might hold me back anymore.
>>
>>38254371

In terms of living on your own and having a job? Yes. In terms of who you hang out with and how you spend your free time? No.
>>
>>38254146
>>38254213
Huh, never thought about this way, I have always been pretty social and good at hiding my autism so I never had much problem with that.
>>
>>38251960
Kind of in a similar situation right now. I have tried to out myself in front of my parents but "oh Anon you aren't autistic, you aren't as smart as Sheldon Cooper" I have a twin who I'm pretty sure is nearly as autistic as me which is why we never got diagnosed.
>>
>>38254320
Whatever floats your boat, man. Of course the environment has an impact on your personality but being absorbed by it is entirely up to you. If you're a spineless bloke who's so weak spirited you let monkey vocalizations destroy you, fine.
>>
File: 1499569203955.png (20KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1499569203955.png
20KB, 474x473px
>born with ADHD and Asperger's
>no one hangs out with me
>no one understands me
>go out less and less as more pople become hostile
>Too normie for retards, too retarded for normies
>Now a sperg that just posts on a tribal graphic based smokescreen
Why must I live like this?
>>
>>38254896
>huuuuur duuuur anon, but you don't understand my problums

Nigga, I was born with the same syndrome you have. To top it off, I was born all screwed (screwed up teeth, stutterer and a severe scholiosis that made me look like a freak) and, yet, I didn't just isolate myself in self-pity but I rather tried to strategize on how to adapt, correct my weird quirks and expand my social interactions without becoming a futile motherfucker like you think all normal people are. Societys a fucking bitch but it isn't that caste system you fantasize.

We should feel lucky because, unlike low functioning autists, we actually have chances on improving, since our brains weren't so damaged by the spectrum. And we can still take advantages on , for instance, things like our hyperfocus abilities and visual and special memory (apparently, normies are verbal thinking driven monkeys kek)
>>
>>38254992

>>38253902 here. Believe it or not, you're actually in the right place given your situation. All but two of my friends are online friends I've met on 4chan over the years, and I've even met most of them in person (a bunch of us even all met up in Europe to hang out together a few years ago). Living like this can actually be pretty damn comfy.
>>
>>38255058
Spacial memory*
>>
File: 1491630581630s.jpg (8KB, 250x208px) Image search: [Google]
1491630581630s.jpg
8KB, 250x208px
>>38251960
>>38251960
aspergers syndrome is no longer a legitimate diagnostic for quite awhile, you all dont have aspergers.
>>
>>38255793
What the hell does that mean
What am I now
>>
File: 1491457397695.jpg (108KB, 708x674px) Image search: [Google]
1491457397695.jpg
108KB, 708x674px
>>38255793
furthermore, depending on the characteristics you were diagnosed with aspergers previously, all of it could have been attributed simply by poor diet and lifestyle, not because you had aspergers which by the way is no longer legitimate so now you're just awkward losers. eat better, fix your dopamine levels, work on your executive functions like working memory, you're gonna try to rewire your brain but that probably wont matter if ur head is too broken, blame ur irresponsible parents for not properly building u guys strong behaviors and habits
>>
File: 1493243693252.jpg (63KB, 478x417px) Image search: [Google]
1493243693252.jpg
63KB, 478x417px
>>38251960
shut up, autist. y u gotta b such a dork?
>>
>>38255924
>which by the way is no longer legitimate so now you're just awkward losers

That's not how it worked. The people who were diagnosed with Asperger's back when it was a diagnosis are now just considered proper autists, not neurotypical.
>>
File: 1491006604124.png (822KB, 1417x703px) Image search: [Google]
1491006604124.png
822KB, 1417x703px
>>38255962
exactly, u autists. high functioning autism is a tricky thing to diagnosed compared to the full blown autism u would see in people who bashes their head in and speak like randy newman. the criterias that are needed for hf autism can be applied to any other problems like adhd or poor lifestyle, unable to keep eye contact, lethargic, poor memory, quiet, trouble socializing with peers, difficulty reading facial emotions, troubles with empathy, etc are what they could lazily diagnose by itself or with ADD. these exact same symptoms can be seen from just having a poor lifestyle and nutritions for years as a child, which can be fixed through correcting those problems by eating well and avoiding anything that fucks with your dopamine levels. im simply saying that maybe, just maybe, none of you have autism or any mental disorder from birth, u just developed these shitty by having lazy parents who raised u in a lackluster environment, one of the many picked fruits of living in a first world society. im exaggerating, dont take ur autism too seriously
>>
>>38256268
i meant to say shitty traits, maybe i have autism
>>
>>38256268
the great thing about this though if what im saying is true, is that now u can assume the responsibilities of your parents and attempt to fix it urself since u are older if all u have is autism or harmless inattentive adhd.
>>
If you have Asperger's try LSD
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.