[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here ever puke blood before? Did you go to the doctor/hospital?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: blood-499x330.gif (81KB, 499x330px) Image search: [Google]
blood-499x330.gif
81KB, 499x330px
I drink too much on a pretty regular basis and got particular excessive last weekend with cheap rice liquor. The next day I couldn't keep down food and threw up a decent amount of fresh blood.
Anyone ever have a similar experience?
>>
how long have you been drinking?
do you have ulcers?

It could also be from the esophagus, that happened to my alcoholic mom.
>>
>>38247463
I'm 22 but I've drinking since like 14, though only excessively since I was 21. Not aware of any preexisting conditions other than acid reflux, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking that I just some temporary damage to some gastric tissue, but I'm worried I could've done some serious damage to my liver. Either way I'm taking it easy on alcohol for a while
>>
>>38247463
How is your mom now? Honestly I think it's the esophagus for me too
>>
>>38247432
>rice liquor
What are you, a fucking chink?
>>
>>38247522
>I'm 22 but I've drinking since like 14, though only excessively since I was 21.
nigga u dum
>>
Could be several things:
Mallory Weiss tear
Oesophageal varices (usually in older alcoholics and pretty catastrophic bleeding)
Gastric ulcer bleeding

If you're still bleeding you will get awful smelling black shit at some point.
>>
>>38247432
Yeah, I threw up a bit of blood one night after another bout of binge drinking. Similar to you, I drink a fair bit, far too often.

Went to the hospital. They said it was probably just a blood vessel in the stomach rupturing from the force of me throwing up.

If the blood is red it's probably that, but I'd get it checked out.

If it's black, you done goofed.
>>
>>38247900
It happened a week ago and I've been pretty much fine since. no more vomiting, normal shits, no other symptoms. you think I'm alright?
>>
>>38247552
she died of liver failure. started puking up blood before the trip to the hospital where she died.
>>
>>38247943
it was bright red, so probably a similar case as yours? did they give you any treatment/advice? getting medical attention is not really an option for me right now unless it's seriously life or death
>>
>>38247952
if it's been a week, you're fine. Might be a sign you need to slow down though.
>>
>>38247965
fuck, I'm really sorry to hear about that anon. also pretty scary for me.. since it's been a week since that happened to me and I've been ok since it's most likely something else though right?
>>
>>38248038
phew ok that's what I thought but goddamn it's a scary experience. Yeah I really am slowing down, went all week without any. this was kind of a wakeup call. Thanks for replying anon, I appreciate it
>>
File: IMG_2011.png (61KB, 974x804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2011.png
61KB, 974x804px
>>38247432
I didn't this a few months ago after weeks of regular drinking and the night before I drank several steel reserves. Only threw up like a cup of blood and it hasn't happened since tho sometimes I taste blood when drinking
>>
>>38247994
Bright red for me too. They gave me some stuff just for any cramps or pain that might occur. I was fine though. Obviously no drinks or spicy foods etc. for a week. I didn't even go to my followup appointment. If it's been a week and you feel fine you're fine.
>>
File: 1499397166578.png (675KB, 1035x913px) Image search: [Google]
1499397166578.png
675KB, 1035x913px
It sounds like a peptic ulcer that finally bursted, but I'm no doctor. I'd try to taper down on your alcohol use slowly, since it sounds like you're an alcoholic and you'd have a hard time quitting cold turkey. If the problem persists go to a doctor. Good luck anon
>>
>>38248293
I haven't had a steel reserve in a while! can't get em where I am. used to love those, though they definitely can wreck your system
>>
>>38248383
cool, thanks for replying. Did you end up cutting back on your drinking after that?
>>
>>38249658
thanks for your concern anon. I actually went all week without any since I was really freaking out after the blood incident. somewhat surprisingly I had little to no withdrawal symptoms, so I guess I'm not a full blown alcoholic as far as dependency goes. I just like to drink everyday. I am cutting back though now for sure
>>
>>38250283
Smoke hash cut with rubber ties
>>
>>38250205
Yeah, I stopped for like two weeks. Started getting back into drinking heavily again a month after. nowadays I alternate between sober days and varying degrees of inebriation.
>>
Not blood, but I once filled a five gallon bucket a few times while I was in DKA/pancreatitus. Red and black liquid just kept pouring out of me even though I hadn't eaten or drank anything in almost two days while this was going on. Probably the most painful thing i've ever experienced. It's a shitty way to die for sure. I figured it'd be quick, but NOPE JOKE WAS ON ME THAT TIME I tell ya what.
>>
This happened to me about a year ago. I hadn't eaten anything all day and pounded at least 15-20 beers. I ended up throwing up seven times that night and on my 7th throw up it was pure blood, like a good splatter of it too. I was still pretty drunk so I didn't really freak out and went back to sleep. I haven't thrown up anymore blood since and haven't had any issues since then.
>>
File: worry.jpg (8KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
8KB, 199x254px
>>38247432
OP you don't throw up blood and not go to the hospital just because it didn't happen again for a week. Go get checked, I won't preach too hard about dialing back on your drinking but that is never a good sign.
>>
no but i've shit blood from drinking before
>>
what happened is basically like what happens when you blow you're nose to hard and there's a little blood on the paper

Get over it
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.