[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take ADHD meds for 10 years since 7th grade >notice my

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1455941189212.jpg (564KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455941189212.jpg
564KB, 1920x1080px
>take ADHD meds for 10 years since 7th grade
>notice my brain feels really foggy when I don't take them or when they wear off
>look it up and find out about amphetamine fog
>find out it can take up to a year of not taking meds to go back to normal

Why the fuck did my doctor not tell me about this?
>>
>>38241962
Not only will you have to deal with brain fog, but you will have crippling depression when you stop taking them. I have never felt more manic or more suicidal than when I stopped taking adderall. It lasted for months.
>>
>>38241988
Should I just keep taking it and make sure to not miss any days then? I mean it's been 10 years at this point
>>
>>38242038
after that long its too late. you're addicted forever. your brain chemistry is permanently altered.
>>
File: nervous_pepe.png (413KB, 811x767px) Image search: [Google]
nervous_pepe.png
413KB, 811x767px
I just got put on ritalin.... wat do?...
>>
>>38242954
Oh shit, really? I took those throughout my entire school career. They should seriously not give those to children. Seriously, have you ever met someone with ADHD that wasn't depressed?
>>
>>38243519
You'll be fine

Just take it "as needed" rather than every single day for years on end
>>
>>38243519
Ritalin isn't an amphetamine, no clue if it still has a similar side effect though
>>
>>38242954
Is there anything I can take to make up for the dopamine problems?
>>
>>38243519
No idea, anon. I take Vyvanse
>>
>>38241962
everyone request your dr to switch you to stratterra it has almost no mental side effects compared to other meds.
>>
I know that feel.
I can barely stay awake if I don't take them.
I want to stop, but there's no way I could handle life for a year or so until it my brain goes back to normal.

I'm hoping I can just taper off the dosage slowly over time.
>>
File: Pepe1.gif (635KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe1.gif
635KB, 200x200px
>>38241962
The drugs are not meant to help you, OP. They are meant to change you, stop you from being an issue, and to profit off you. If there was one thing i would tell my younger self, it would be to spit out every fucking one of the several pill's those bastards gave to me and run.
>>
>>38241962
>>38242038
take L-DOPA. Helps you recover

Also remember that you just have low dopamine and serotonin level when you're feeling down and it's not a conscious emotion. You don't actually want to kill yourself.

Also whenever you want to listen to music DO IT, music really helps. But otherwise don't cause it'll just irritate you.
>>
>>38243579
Respect the drug, retard. Take it in moderation and do research.
>>
>>38243829
wow what a bunch of conspiracy theory bullshit, doctors and the government are my friend and desire only to help me, all the books i read as a kid told me so
>>
>>38243848
>Also remember that you just have low dopamine and serotonin level when you're feeling down and it's not a conscious emotion. You don't actually want to kill yourself.

This.
>>
>>38241962
Robots are such pussies.

Ritalin makes me into a fucking demigod. DAT FRONTAL LOBE ACTION man.

If I could send one message to my younger self, it would be "Fake the symptoms to get put on Ritalin at age 11!"

I'd be the fucking Emperor of Earth by now if I had started early enough.

And amphetamine fog is a myth - or at least, a misinterpretation of the pathology. What's happening is that you're experiencing your fucked-up shitty damaged brain as it was before you started taking the drug. The reason it takes a year to "wear off" is because that's how long it takes you to forget how awesome the drug was, and how long it takes you to consider being a retard again "normal".

I think they should pump Ritalin into the water supply like fluoride. Fuck all y'all, you're going to be improved whether you want it or not.
>>
>>38241962
How did you niggers even get medicated
I'm far worse and I even requested medication and the most I ever fucking got was ibuprofen
>>
>>38243655
theres alternative drugs you can take to counter the effects, but they are the same as what you've been taking, just in lower doses. your tolerance will go down and it will do the same thing as your current dose does eventually so its effect is null.
>>
>>38243925
kek & save
>>
>>38241962

I smoked some meth yesterday and today. I got 'fogged out' pretty bad and ended up throwing away half my bag, as well as my pipe.
>>
>all these extended release plebs

>not being prescribed 30mg instant release x2 per day

Y'all are fucking lightweights if you are getting brain fog from adderal

Like i can take that and my only side effects are weight loss, crashing, and sometimes sleep probs (but i had that already)

Like fuck, i feel tired and a little dumb when they wear off, but thats always been my baseline since way before i took addy

This shit is a miracle, i dont get why people act like its fucking meth when it literally is not the same as meth despite being an amphetamine
>>
I get 3x10mg/day. Works bretty gud, I don't take but 10mg most days. Just enough to get started, then it wears off around lunch time so I can take another or just chill in tard mode the rest of day.
>>
>>38241962

This is exactly why I don't take my ADD meds on weekends or holidays. I don't want to build up enough of a tolerance for things like this to happen.
>>
>>38244310
Well that's the problem I'm having, anon. I'm noticing I can barely function on weekends when I don't take them
>>
File: moosheik_war_by_zemoru01-d8cb6tn.jpg (188KB, 756x1058px) Image search: [Google]
moosheik_war_by_zemoru01-d8cb6tn.jpg
188KB, 756x1058px
CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION YOU INATTENTIVE FUCKSTICKS
>>
>>38241962
He probably did but you weren't paying attention.
>>
>>38241988
Yeah I went insane when I went off mine. Had no idea. Took 3 years of antidepressants to get back to normal. Been off of them a few months now and that seems pretty ok
>>
>>38246559
Also, the depression almost made me kill myself. Didn't try though, just made the plans. Decided to get help, and if that didn't work, then kill myself
>>
>>38243519
>>38243643
>>38243661
Ritalin (methylphenidate) and amphetamine are both substituted phenethylamines. Methylphenidate is less potent than amphetamine per milligram, but blocks reuptake of dopamine rather than causing more to be released than normal. You'll develop all of the same stuff as amphetamine users but at a much slower rate, assuming you stay within therapeutic dosages. I've been taking days off of amphetamine this past month and I've gotten past the "literally can't stay awake" phase. Just make sure to take a break from substituted phenethylamines whenever you can.
>>
>>38241962

adhd here been of my drugs for over 8 years, spent a year on them.

was the most terrible experience of my life, jealous of people that actually get better from them because they did nothing for me.
>>
>>38243655
you should switch over to modafinil if u can
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.