[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the word 'Normie' have a true definition? I feel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Android-18.png (300KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Android-18.png
300KB, 720x400px
Does the word 'Normie' have a true definition? I feel it's very fluid and always changes depending on the person who uses it, usually in a way to make them not seem like one.

I've been pondering about this for awhile because of a television show which follows a group of people with down's syndrome, two of these were dating (under supervision obviously, no kids etc) but I wouldn't exactly consider him a normie because he had a girlfriend.

A lot of people are also using it as a political term now (left = normie) and that seems even more inaccurate to me, it's not a political term at all, in my opinion.

Anyways I'm curious to hear what you believe the definition of this word is, unironically.
>>
>>38241886
anyone better than myself is a normie. you're probably one too tbqh.
>>
people with friends and had sex
Normals on r9k will endlessly try to shift the meaning
>>
>>38241886
It stretches and varies really.

A lot of people are so far up their own ass with the whole robot ree meme that they take way too seriously. They think that redditors with bad posture and adult braces who wear Bazinga shirts are normies because they have a fat otaku gf. They think that anyone who uses a toilet and has a job/education is a fucking normie ree get out etc.

It's entirely black and white for them, they don't believe in the concept of cyborgs.
>>
>>38241914
>people with friends and had sex
This. It's not that complicated.
>>
i think it's linked to mental illness, if you don't have one that affects your day to day social life you're a normie.

im not really sure if its linked to sex, infact i believe having a steady job and independance makes you more normie than sex.
>>
>>38241886
>Does the word 'Normie' have a true definition?

no, you're pretty much right about it, it's just a pejorative that you use for anyone you don't like for whatever reason. it has maybe one negative case where you can't credibly claim that some khv living in his mom's basement is a "normie," but almost anyone else can get thrown under that bus.
>>
>>38241946
This is accurate, it's just a pejorative used either for self pity or to make yourself feel better.
>>
>>38241937
t. delusional normie redditor

If you can get a job, that means you have no anxieties of meeting people or going outside which makes you a fucking normie bitch.
And (((cyborg))) is just some shitty robot rip off meme made by /fit/ so fuck them also
>>
not as fluid as my gender!
>>
>>38242030
so would you say that anyone who's not a virgin is a normie, basically for the rest of his life, regardless of what happens etc?

i dont disagree with you but im curious.
>>
I feel it's hard to argue you're not a normie if you have:

a job, currently dating, independence, and sex more than once.

friends im not sure about, i feel a lot of people truly start becoming robots during or after high school and some kind of keep friends for some period of time, even though they dont interact with them as much anymore.

sex depends.
>>
>>38241886
There's nothing more normalfag than attempting to deconstruct normalfaggotry
>>
>>38241886
>I feel it's very fluid and always changes depending on the person who uses it, usually in a way to make them not seem like one.
Answered your own question OP.
It's kinda lost it's meaning due to tryhard faggots overusing it to try to fit in. much like the word "fag" and "retard", and the dreaded "Reddit".
>>
Try googling normalfag instead.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.