[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favourite books robots? Mine are No Longer Human

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1492112736736.jpg (720KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1492112736736.jpg
720KB, 2080x1170px
What are your favourite books robots? Mine are No Longer Human by Ozamu Dazai and The elementary Particles by Michel Houellebecq.
>>
>>38241738
You can get a plastic bowl of fries like that at burger king?
>>
>>38241762
It has fries, onion rings and cheese empanadas. I don't think they sell it outside my country.
>>
>>38241738
I've never read those but they seem very good from their wiki entries. Any other recommendations?
>>
What kind of car is that OP, a Ferd? Focus or Fiesta?
>>
>>38241738
These two bad boys.

>tfw Oathbringer won't be out till November.
>>
>>38241738
Memoirs of a Geisha was a good read
>>
File: XqSudC2.jpg (674KB, 2400x1754px) Image search: [Google]
XqSudC2.jpg
674KB, 2400x1754px
>>38242628
I always forget my pic. Fucking hell.
>>
>>38242642
I'm reading Words of Radiance right now.
Does the "interlude" stuff between each chapter go anywhere? or are they there just for worldbuilding?
I really fucking liked the trade between Sadeas and Dalinar at the end of The Way of Kings
>>
>>38242588
Confessions of a Mask by Yukio Mishima if you're a faggot
>>
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. This book should seriously read most of the robots, it will help with life.

Way of Men by Jack Donovan is rather good read about how fucked is today's society.

Julius Evola also. Ride the Tiger is great.

The Prince by Machiavelli.

Starship Troopers by Henlein.

And of course, Mein Kampf by uncle Dolfi. Not because of the aged politics, but because of the book is literally advanced education in power, if you can read between the lines.
>>
>>38241738
I'm on Endymion of the Hyperion Cantos, and I've liked everything I've read so far in this series. Pls don't spoil me if you've read it.
>>38242642
Looks interesting. Is it more fantasy than sci fi?
>>
>>38243259
>fantasy
More fantasy imo
>>
>>38243310
>Is it more fantasy than sci fi?*
>>
"The Stranger" by Albert Camus
>>
>>38243196
Good taste anon hfhn
>>
>>38242993
>Does the "interlude" stuff between each chapter go anywhere?
Has a lot of information about different cultures and races. Also, has some pretty interesting stories about the background of some characters.
>or are they there just for worldbuilding?
Some of it is worldbuilding. Though, I believe it'll tie into the story in the later books.
>>
>>38243341
Maman died today or was it yesterday idk -shrugs-
>>
Warm Bodies

Slaughterhouse-Five

Apathy and Other Small Victories

Silverwing was my favorite when I was younger tho
>>
>>38243259
Is endymion good mate? I read the first two and loved them but I was worried if I read the other cantos I would be dissatisfied and not like the series anymore.
>>
>>38241738
Favourite books would
IT and Shining by stephen king
Dune series by Frank Herbert
First two Hyperion cantos
Empire by Stephen Saylor
And some of the runelord books by David Farland are pretty good to.
>>
>>38243518
I'm about halfway in but I like it so far. Still great world building but (Hyperion/Fall of Hyperion spoilers) the tone and setting are bit different due to what happens at the end of Fall of Hyperion I've had people tell me that the last two books are shit, but there's nothing else I feel like reading right now. I hope the tv adaptation will be good, but it's syfy, so I don't have very high hopes. Their Dune adaptation was supposedly okay though.
>>
>>38241738
Heimskringla by Snorri Sturlasson
>>
Top 3 would be
Venus on the Half-Shell by Kilgore Trout
All the Pretty Horses by Cormack McCarthy
Justine by The Marquis de Sade
>>
File: car1.jpg (1MB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
car1.jpg
1MB, 2080x1170px
>>38242608
Ferd Focus. My virginmobile.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.