[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here has interests that don't really fit their

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1480366520352.png (311KB, 900x702px) Image search: [Google]
1480366520352.png
311KB, 900x702px
Who else here has interests that don't really fit their age demographic?
>be me
>likes furniture shopping and Business Management
>only 22

I feel like people think I'm a boring person for finding genuine comfy joy in this stuff.
>>
>>38238481
>be 20 years old
>Already heavily interested in politics
>Prefer Classical music, and hate modern pop music
>>
>>38238567
But are you snobbish about your tastes or do you just get a cozy warmth from those things?
>>
>>38238662
I just like piano and violin the most, so most of what I like is classical.
I hate pop music because it's so boring and repetitive and simple to me.
I don't tell people I hate pop music since they might think I'm weird, but I will tell them that it bores me.
With classical(And Instrumental stuff in general), it has a calm beauty and complexity to it that makes it very enjoyable for when I want to relax, and helps exercise my brain when I really try to focus on as many instruments as possible, which gives my brain a feeling similar to the feeling of after getting some good exercise.
>>
>>38238762
I get that. I'm more of a wind/brass guy but piano and violin are pretty great instruments. Its much more difficult to play an actual instrument than it is just to pound away at a desktop in garageband.
>>
I've like the emblems of the Luftwaffe ever since I was a teen and people used to tell me it was gay and such. Also in my early teens I developed a liking to birdwatching but that passed after a couple months. I only told my parents about it for fear of being beaten up for it.
>>
I love decorating rooms and reading books about the human brain.
>>
>>38238825
Yeah, I recently started playing the piano with the hopes of eventually becoming good enough at it so that I can make my own music. I sometimes a able to make original music in my head, so I feel like it's a waste not being able to record it and play it again.
>>
File: 1483210964474.jpg (39KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1483210964474.jpg
39KB, 512x384px
information hoarding of any type of thing that seems remotely interesting

I have over 300 gb of assorted pdfs and miscellaneous information and get a huge rush whenever I add something new

21 here
>>
>>38238973
I didn't even know that information hoarding was a thing, but it does sound like it's pretty much a type of collecting hobby, so I guess it's not that unusual.
>>
>>38238960
Good luck to you anon. My music dreams were crushed by my brother who can play by ear. Which is bullshit because whatever I accomplished in a day he could in a few minutes.
>>
21 and I've been into politics and geopolitics heavily since my early teen years. Also love/loved studying global development.
>>
File: pronounciation.png (145KB, 700x2401px) Image search: [Google]
pronounciation.png
145KB, 700x2401px
>>38239016
you should give it a shot, its like those normies who have a huge bookcase full of books but never read any of them and keep it for show, except you actually read them and it isn't displayed

its also really comfy to sit down for a few hours to learn some new stuff and entertain yourself at the same time. if you really also think about it, you can potentially become a more well rounded individual

it doesn't have to be complex or long stuff either, for example this pic related here which you should attempt
>>
>>38239048
I have an Aunt who can play by ear, so I think I understand how you feel.
It seems to be genetic, since my mom who is a piano teacher, and has played piano for many decades is unable to play by ear.

Although, I'm secretly hoping that I can play by ear with enough experience, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
>>
>>38239096
Eh, I'd rather collect something physical, like books. I want to be able to look at a huge bookshelf of books that own and have read, and appreciate just how vast the knowledge contained in them is, and the feeling of accomplishment of having read all of them.

Unfortunately I have to wait after a get a job after college so I can afford that many books.
>>
>>38238567
>I, an intellectual...
>>
I made my first $1000 dollar investment at the age of 16. First investment at 14. By the time I was 18 I was flipping cryptos all night with $10000 or more. 22 now and I have never worked a job. I trade cryptos 2 hours a night.
>>
>>38239392
Sounds comfy

Originoli
>>
>>38239196
>t. mad brainlet
>>
in 7th grade i carried around a printed out transcript of The Art of War and read that in between assignments, unironically.
in 8th grade i started carrying around a giant Poe compilation book that had like all of his works.

i like hackey sack now and gardening. i also like watching hunting/trapping videos and gun break down tutorials.

i think people like us weren't meant to be plopped into public school, in front of a TV and just left to rot.
people like us were meant to be focused on. our parents couldn't see potential or didn't care or were unable to do anything.
>>
>>38238481
I like postage stamps, trainspotting, gardening, and reading. only 20. What is life.
>>
>>38240899
My normie friend also likes gardening, he's currently growing 3 apple trees in his backyard.
>>
this thread is /r/iamverysmart
>>
>>38238567
Wow I bet you're really smart for not being like those other idiots your age :^)
>>
File: Products22682-1200x1200-164415.jpg (38KB, 729x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Products22682-1200x1200-164415.jpg
38KB, 729x1200px
I'm 19 and have a strong interest in classical and modern art, old movies, dadrock, geography, photography, and museum touring. I just really love learning stuff. I play the violin, piano, and guitar. I also play a mean slide whistle but thats my secret boi, don't tell anyone

I also have hip/active interests like hiking, rock climbing, biking, skateboarding, EDM and indie, and being a depressed loser.
>>
>>38241027
>>38241082
Where in this thread have people implied that they are superior because of their different interests?
If anything, it's annoying people like you who are /r/iamverysmart tier.
>>
>>38241135
What's a slide whistle? I've never heard of it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.