[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no personality, incompetent, ugly, only redeeming value is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: living all alone.png (200KB, 697x276px) Image search: [Google]
living all alone.png
200KB, 697x276px
>no personality, incompetent, ugly, only redeeming value is my interests
>thing I want most is for a girl with with strongly overlapping interests and a similar perspective to share our passions together with
>it feels vain, unrealistic, and highly limiting to want this of a girl, but there is literally no reason for anyone to take interest in me unless this would be the case
>relating to people on even one important point feels almost hopelessly difficult to find to begin with
>despite how hopeless it is I waste all of my energy and time every day thinking about how much I want to stop being alone anyway
>complain about my life every week on an imageboard for Japanese cartoons for years instead of doing anything about it
>>
Grow balls anon.
>>
File: 1360971293369.jpg (72KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
1360971293369.jpg
72KB, 600x543px
>>38236593
Way ahead of you, already got that covered. What's step two?
>>
>>38236622
Go outside. Meet ppl. Don't act creepy neither desperate. You'll create bonds
>>
File: 1473569850817.png (568KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473569850817.png
568KB, 960x720px
>>38236754
>Meet ppl
This is "jus B urself" tier advice.
>>
>>38236903
Well that's how the world works. If your plan is to stay shut in for the rest of your life whining like a lil bitch on the internet u better end it now.
>>
>>38236903
>not realizing he's joking
Also, please don't frogpost in my thread.
>>
How do I meet people?
I tried for a week and I just felt out of place talking to strangers

A few were friendly and I made them laugh, but it ends there. It feels weird to ask for a number, due to my age, it seems like I'm trying to hook up
>>
>>38237149
This shit. Sadly as shit as it is you have to force yourself to meet other people.
This crucial step leads to building a network similar to how businesses do and the expose means you'll have a higher chance at just meeting who you're looking for by chance.
Assuming it doesn't happen naturally you're fallback is being introduced to girls via your friends either by blatant blind dating or them being their friend or friends of said friendgirl.

Your other options are dating sites and those almost never work out and you'll be swimming in a sea of dick for competition.
>>
>>38237827
If you really hit it off you give them YOUR number. This throws the ball into their corner while also forming a nice link in the friendship chain. Obviously this means they might just ghost you but its better than hoping they do it by pure chance.
>>
>>38237915
Haven't tried giving my number out
I guess I will, I'll make a fake business card so it looks like I'm less of a loser
>>
>I guess I will, I'll make a fake business card so it looks like I'm less of a loser

Don't. It's gonna be worse.
>>
>>38237943
Thats worse. Just pull your phone out and say "lemme give you my number." Or something.
>>
>>38237915
>If you really hit it off you give them YOUR number.

You might as well be telling that anon to win the lottery.

OP, you ever come to terms with that looking for compatible people is inherently a little selfish and vain, or you give up doing it. You might have to filter through ten thousand people to do it (nit an over exaggeration), but you might end up lucky one day and find someone you actually like and likes you too. Start with building a social circle, I guarantee you're not charming enough to get yourself into other's circles unless you have someone open the door for you to begin with. So find or make one friend, make friends with their friends, and start doing that for literally every single slightly interesting person you find. You say you're incompetent and have no personality, well this is how you build those up. It's all trial and error, but if people start rejecting you, you never wanted to hang out with them anyway, so there is literally no pressure if you fail.

There are people out there looking for you. They jusy don't realize ot yet. You have to get out there and make them realize it first.
>>
>>38236568
>no personality, incompetent, ugly
we already have three things in common. what are your interests, anon?
>>
>>38238209
>might as well win the lottery
>goes on to give the same advice in a wordier form
>>
>>38238209
Even if I still can't envision myself actually making one friend to begin with, thanks for writing this because it read like actual advice.
>There are people out there looking for you
Not the case, but makes me feel nice and fuzzy to think about.

>>38238264
I've probably tried any number of times over the past few years to make threads for finding people with alike interests on /r9k/, it never really resulted in anything. Consequently it feels really embarrassing to talk about my interests anymore, especially since a lot of them have stagnated and decayed from loss of will, but I guess to name a few things broadly I spend most of time on languages/linguistics and music. Yourself?
>>
>>38238689
you shouldn't be embarrassed, that will only make it more difficult to find someone. i'm mostly into anime, manga and art, though i also spend a good portion of my time with music. i used to be really into languages before and can speak a number of them but that interest kind of faded. shame we didn't meet before, i'm not what you're looking for now.
>>
>>38239080
>anime
>manga
I spend a lot of my time reading manga actually. I use it as practice for Japanese. I don't watch anime regularly because I can't be bothered, but there's a good amount I've enjoyed. What are you favorites, in either case?
>art
I'm assuming you mean visual art in general. I gave up on that sort of stuff a while ago, but when I was younger I always wanted to draw comics and do graphics design stuff. So much for that.
>languages
Which have you learned before? I'm really into languages in general and I'm interested in a lot as a result, but I've always concentrated mostly on Chinese and Japanese, though more Japanese these days because it's easier to find Japanese media I like.
>music
Do you play an instrument? What genres do you spend the most time listening to? Artists?
>>
>>38239324
maybe it's easier to talk about this in private. do you have a discord or a throwaway?
>>
>>38238455
It's the difference between buying one ticket and buying a thousand.

>>38238689
>Even if I still can't envision myself actually making one friend to begin with

That's probably half your problem. Don't worry about authenticity, your ego, or self image. You build that in practice.
>>
>>38240110
I forgot that the kids these days are using Discord, I haven't used messaging stuff outside of Steam in a while. I just made a throwaway at FarOffThere#9217.

>>38240125
>Don't worry about authenticity, your ego, or self image. You build that in practice.
Explain.
>>
Meeting new friends outside of highschool seems impossible. I kind of regret skipping school so much.
>>
>>38236568
well, what do you like? what are your interests?
>>
>>38241162
Making friends in highschool was not very possible for me. I figure I actually have a better chance outside of it, though that's not saying much either, because we're still talking an extremely low probability.

>>38241206
I said a little about my interests here:
>>38238689
>>38239324
What are you interested in?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.