[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone had experiences undergoing surgery for the correction

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Deviated-Septum-nose.jpg (60KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
Deviated-Septum-nose.jpg
60KB, 490x368px
has anyone had experiences undergoing surgery for the correction of a deviated septum? my breathing is pretty much fucked due to a deviated septum and an enlarged inferior turbinate on the right side of my nose. i'm thinking of getting surgery to correct it but i'm scared that it won't change much. i don't want to pay thousands of dollars for something that's not gonna improve my quality of life.
>>
>>38229900
I swear I read somewhere that it was a common surgery. It'll be worth it if you can breathe clearly in both nostrils.
>>
>>38229950
that's what i'm hoping. i'm just afraid nothing will change. or like the impact of the surgery will be minimum.
>>
>>38229900
Not personally, but I'm starting to think my breathing is fucked due to nose irregularities.

Did you see a gp first to know if you needed it OP or was it obvious enough on its own?
>>
I went through septoplasty and turbinectomy in December last year because the deviation made my nose bleed (some blood capilaries were overexposed) and also it impaired my breathing.
It really improved my breathing and my nose doesn't bleed anymore.
It was a really quick surgery, it took about 2 hours. I had surgery in the afternoon and next morning I was going home already.
>>
>>38230307
Can you tell me more about the surgery? My nose has been bleeding for 10+ years and maybe what you had done is what I need done as well.
>>
>>38229900
I had the exact same thing done. My breathing wasn't that bad but it was annoying. All said and done, not much changed. The recovery wasn't too terrible but for the first few days expect to not sleep and be in discomfort 24/7. Some people report a huge benefit though. I didn't pay a cent because I'm not cucked by Jewish doctors like Ameriburgers are.
>>
>>38230393
Well to know exactly why your nose bleeds you should go see an otorhinolaryngologist. But in my case as I've said, due to the deviation some capilaries in the septum were exposed and made bled really easily.
What do you wanna know about the surgery?
>>
>>38230446
I've been to an ENT before and they told me to sleep with a humidifier and use nasal saline spray twice a day to see if there are any improvements. It feels like some days there are improvements and others just constant bleeding. They did say I have a deviated septum and 'the worse nose bleeding they have ever seen' so I've been meaning to go back. I wanted to know more about your personal experience with the surgery.
>>
>>38230245
well i went to see a gp after my difficulty in breathing became apparent. it got so bad that under extreme cold, my nose would be pretty much blocked and my body would start yawning to compensate for the lack of oxygen. even if i've had over 8 hours of sleep the night before, if i'm in a really cold environment, my nose starts shrinking in size on the outside but my turbinates themselves would increase, so the airway becomes non existent.
>>
>>38230307
thanks for answering my question, and congrats on the improvement. apart from a better airway, did you notice any other improvements after getting this issue fixed?
>>
I'm going to the surgery very soon, I have constant headache, vertigo, teeth pain and unable to breath properly through my left nostril.

I have taken all medications possible but nothing have worked so I'm going for the surgery, hopefully it will make this all go away, don't know what to expect though. I'm also doing it to make my nose a little bit thinner.
>>
>>38230665
Well, as I've said, my nasal bleeding stopped. And also my nose slightly bent to the right and now it is aligned.
>>38230565
You should go see the ENT again to sort this out. The bleeding is not always due to the deviation, in my case I went to surgery because it not only bled but it impaired my breathing as well. About my personal experience, I don't regret going through surgery, it solved both my issues. I just have to keep my allergic rhinitis in check and I'll breath normally. The post operative period was pretty ok, just the first days are anoying 'cause you have a tampon inside your nose to prevent fibrosis, after you get it out you'll have to wash your nose with saline for some weeks to ged rid of the blood clots.
>>
>>38230983
I'm planning on seeing them soon, it's hard to get an appointment since I live in a remote area. Thanks for the info and all the best.
>>
File: 1492206359640.png (666KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
1492206359640.png
666KB, 1126x845px
>>38229900
>enlarged inferior turbinate
I got a surgery to reduce the enlarged turbinates and since then i can breathe better through my nose and i sleep better as well
But don't expect a huge change but it improve my quality of life

>pay thousands of dollars
>tfw i'm european and got my surgery for free
>>
>nose doesn't work right
>get surgery
>get punched in the nose again and nose doesn't work right
it's fine like this
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.