[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any robots here that run? I'm working on my speed+endurance

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

any robots here that run? I'm working on my speed+endurance once i get over this hernia surgery. i want to work up to a 20-minute 5k
>>
>>38220888
just want to add that it is one of the most "robot" activities you can do. i used to run at night...it was always quiet and peaceful. just me and my sweat
>>
does running away from the responsibilities of becoming older count
>>
>>38220888
>running
For what fucking reason?
>>
Why are you limiting yourself? 5k's are boring as fuck.
>b..b..bbbut muh threshold!
Short distance runners are fucking weaklings.
>>
File: 640.jpg (55KB, 640x849px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
55KB, 640x849px
>>38220918
you could probably run (exercise) and run (procrastinate) at the same time so YES
>>
>>38220937
Why do you do what you do?
>>
>>38220888
>>38220901
I run too, but never at night. Ive always wondered about running at night, but doesnt it fuck with your sleeping schedule? I might try it though, that alone feel might be nice for me
>>
>>38220942
well, my endurance is terrible. the 5k will be a stepping stone to longer races. asshole retard fuckface
>>
>>38220959
For fun. There is no way in hell someone has fun running.
>>
>>38220960
I did it a lot in high school. my sleep schedule was fucked for many reasons, running being one of them. but if youre someone who already stays up late then what's the difference?
>>
>>38220888
Yeah but I don't really take it seriously. But on many days I'll just be like "I feel like running" so I just do that.

When I started I could only do 20-30 minutes before I felt like dying, but now I can run for 2 hours or more without stopping. It's good to do on off days from weightlifting. And yeah it's pretty robot I listen to vidya music while doing it
>>
>>38220980
So would you stay up late then go running or wake up at the dead of night and go? Which would you prefer?
>>
>>38220888
yes. finally a robot that isn't completely about >muh lifting

i started out at 5k a year ago and ran my first half marathon a few weeks ago. next year i plan to do a full marathon.

>captcha was treadmills
>>
>>38221020
I would run around 8pm until 9 or later, then stay up late. some nights I could go right to sleep though after a shower and some food
>>
>>38220971
it's a good way to zone out while getting fit at the same time. just listen to music or be alone with your thoughts and before you know it, you're running for hours on end.
>>
>>38221034
THIS is what I'm talking about. i'll work up to a fast 5k and keep it going. half marathon and then a full. What's your diet like?
>>
>>38220962
But you are focusing too much on speed when your goal is longer races? Pick one. You need to do longer distances before doing speed drills like tempos if you want to do longer distances. Focus on one goal for the time being. The way you want to do things is why most beginners get injured.
>>
>>38220971
>only what I find fun is fun
Try running on some trails, captain autismo.
>>
File: 1499400951753.jpg (685KB, 2335x2507px) Image search: [Google]
1499400951753.jpg
685KB, 2335x2507px
I don't run, but I do walk 10 miles every 3-4 days per week. D-does that count?
>>
File: gassedpe.jpg (22KB, 533x477px) Image search: [Google]
gassedpe.jpg
22KB, 533x477px
>>38220960
>doesnt it fuck with your sleeping schedule?
No, because exercise makes you tired. I can run at 8pm, get back at 8:45, shower and pass the fuck out by 9:15
>>
File: 1499398192256.gif (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499398192256.gif
42KB, 500x500px
>>38221090
get fucked you smug asshole. like you're some coach. I know what I'm doing. you're just over-complicating what I'm saying. all i'm saying is I will strive for a faster 5k by building endurance. im not going to be doing sprint intervals or shit like that.
>>
>>38221056
if that's your goal i'd focus more on endurance and actually trying to run long distances than getting under an 20 minute 5k pace.

my diet? leading up to the half marathon i was eating a lot of high calorie food because i was running so much and hungry all the time (2x10k, 3x5k and 1 long run >18k every week). i actually gained weight.
next time i'll try eating healthy (whole grains, protein)
>>
>>38221126
that's a lot of walking. i'd say, if you warmed up with a good walk and jogged lightly, you'd be a runner in no time
>>
>>38221149
So I'll wait until you post the "muh shin splints" post like 90% of posts on /fit/'s run threads. Good luck.
>>
>>38221191
shin splints only happen if you have bad form.
most people land flat footed and end up with them.
if you watch competitive runners, they all land on their midfoot and let the ankle absorb the shock.
>>
>>38221170
I've been doing this for about 9 months now, mostly as a way to get out of the house (late at night) because it's the only time I feel comfortable. I do run occasionally part of it, but If I run, I get tired around 1/2 mile and have to walk the rest of the way. It's really hot out right now... I could easily walk more than 10 miles, but then I'd end up too far away from home. Any tips on getting my running endurance up? I have nike altare as my shoes, and they're pretty comfy tbqh.
>>
>>38221191
>>38221240
I had shit form but once I started doing long runs like 90 mins+ it pretty much fixed itself.

Today I'm going to jog for 45 mins at the gym then do deadlifts+back

I only ate pizza today desu
>>
Yes I've been running for five years now. I've done three marathons and like seven halves. It's strange because I've literally never stuck with anything else in my life but my running is always on point.

>>38221034
One of the best pieces of advice that I got in my life (that I didn't listen to) was that you need about a year of running from the time you finish a half until you can finish a full. I tried to do it in like four months and got tendonitis. Don't do what I did.

>>38220960
Yes, especially when it's warm out. If I run ~7 miles or more I need at least a few hours before I can sleep. It's so strange though because my body will feel so shot but sleep just won't come.
>>
>>38221240
>only
Tell that to the guy in my running club who gets them all the time. His 5k best is 14:34. Despite me doing 50+ miles per week whereas he does at most 15, he gets a lot more injuries. And it's not due to poor form on his part. I'll mention the reason: he does zero recovery runs and all he does is speed. There is a guy who regularly posts a smug pepe shooped onto sonic with the words got to go fast to mock these people who focus only on speed while having poor endurance. If that is what they want, go sprinting instead.
>>
File: dwayne_short.png (255KB, 400x429px) Image search: [Google]
dwayne_short.png
255KB, 400x429px
I'm working on my endurance but as long as I can run 2,4km in under 10 minutes I'm happy.
>>
>>38220888
I can do a 22 minute 5k, but my progress has been non existent, its down 2 minutes from 24 minutes in like 6 months. Hope you're in it for a while OP. It is difficult for sure.
>>
I go for long walks sometimes, but I don't run.
>>
>>38221871
What is your run schedule?
>>
I go for a run every other night (or morning, I guess) at 1-2AM. My route is only about 6 miles, though.
>>
I live in a pretty shit area for running. Would prefer to live close to a trail so people don't see me.
>>
>>38220888
20 minutes is pretty fast for a 5K, it'll take you ages to reach that level if you're just starting out. I've been running leisurely for years and I probably couldn't do 20 minutes. Maybe 21.
>>
>>38220971
Put on some KMFDM or some other teenage power fantasy music and pretend you're a badass.
>>
>>38221871
A half marathon is like 4x the distance of a 5k, 8 minutes off a half marathon in six months is great progress.

I know it doesn't quite work like that but you're still doing great.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.