[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i'm in the waiting room for counseling my parents signed

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (156KB, 799x1394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 799x1394px
i'm in the waiting room for counseling my parents signed me up for, do any of you robots have a therapist, what are your experiences?
>>
>>38216847
>make you talk about shit that stresses you out
>don't actually give helpful advice
>leave stressed out because you had to talk about all that shit

or
>we don't talk about anything of significance
>>
>>38216943
This

Oreganoliorolio
>>
>being perfect is overrated
>YOU matter, anon :)
Completely fucking useless. You're not paying for a friend. I went in one time and we LITERALLY, SERIOUSLY, UNIRONICALLY talked about my plans for the weekend (which I had none), my sleeping habits, and my favorite player on a sports team I follow. Absolute dogshit I wasted over $500 in 2 months.
>>
Saw a legit therapist rather than some by-the-book cbt reprogrammer or sympathetic ear counsellor.

Was one of the most beneficial and formative experiences of my life, feel much more peaceful in my own head now and have learned to understand and deal with my emotions and anxiety. Much more comfortable in social situations, more confident and assertive, spend more time improving my life rather than jerking off in the dark and feeling sorry for myself.

I'd been to see counsellors before but it wasn't until I picked my own (from reading a profile) rather than being assigned one by the health service that I actually made progress.

You're going to be building a very meaningful relationship with your therapist if you want to see any results anon so don't continue with anything/anyone you're not totally comfortable with or if you don't feel you can build trust.
>>
>>38217030
>You're not paying for a friend
I meant you're paying for a friend
>>
>theRAPIST will gibe diagnonsense, make sure >step 2 you say u have anexiety so you get xanax
>step 3 drink beer
>step 4 eat a recreational dosage of xanax whilst carrying some more on you
>>
>16 years old
>therapist diagnoses me with depression
>therapist prescribes me pills
>pills work and I start feeling okay
>I tell therapist I was feeling okay
>therapist has me committed because sudden lifts in mood are a red flag

my therapist was a fucking idiot
>>
>75% of therapists ive seen are just money hungry and dont actually help, all of which were self employed
>i get referred to a therapist that works for the government and they actually help me
>coincidence i think not
>>
>>38216847
A waste of time and money in my case.
I only go because his recommendations help me keep my disability allowance and I only pay about 3 euro per monthly session.
When he asks me what I've been doing or plans I might have I just make shit up at this point.
>>
Don't tell them you're mentally unstable, suicidal, have self-harmed, hear voices, are depressed, or have homicidal thoughts.
They locked me up in a psych ward because I was honest with my therapist.
Follow this anons (>>38217342) advice unless you want to be placed on an involuntary 72-Hour psych hold.
I'm only assuming you're unstable because you're here.
It's sad that I wanted to find help and they punished me for it.
Godspeed.
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 900x1586px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 900x1586px
My first session is over, thanks for the advice, hopefully this won't be too bad
>>
>>38217784
i must be the luckiest anon alive i meet 5 of those criteria and only told about 3 and i didnt get placed in a psych ward
>>
>>38217878
You are lucky. I can't go anymore because there'd be no point if I can't be honest.
They did absolutely nothing for me, and it cost $6300.
>>
I have a therapist. I think he knows me more than my parents right now.
It started out as someone I can sit and complain to, but after time it got addicting. I NEED to complain about shit once every week now.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.