[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever fucked up hard at work? I made a pretty horrific

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: AHHHHHHHHHH.gif (1MB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHH.gif
1MB, 964x912px
Has anyone ever fucked up hard at work?

I made a pretty horrific error. It has already cost us millions of dollars, and could cost at least 100 people their jobs.

I am almost certain to get fired tomorrow, I have been told to go in specially when I don't work weekends. It is also likely my team of 4 will all be fired due to me.

I feel bad guys
>>
>>38214428
Ha ha ha ha wow what the fuck did you do
>>
>>38214428
Almost certain? If what you say is true, you're guaranteed to be fired. Hope you have had other jobs since you can't put this one on your resume
>>
ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH proud of you anon
>>
I don't think I could live with the guilt of that ngl
>>
good job im proud of you wagie, now we will welcome you with open arms to the NEET life
>>
>>38214445
this

if you are larping at least elaborate on your story
>>
>>38214521
>>38214445
This is going to be pretty hard to explain but I work in a shipping warehouse for a medium sized grocery chain. Basically I have to help the team get a huge number of orders sorted and delivered.

I was supposed to be testing a new ordering system, and I was just trying to system out so I did a fake order of a bunch of poisonous chemicals from some websites.

I assumed it was a testing server so none of the orders would actually go through but they did and we had a tonne of toxic chemicals delivered to a place filled with lots of fucking food. the whole building had to be shut down.

Most of the chemicals are not pollutant, just stuff like battery acid but people got scared.
>>
>>38214428
>>38214623
>reddlt spacing
>>
>>38214428
Worst I've fucked up at work was when I charged 40 dollars instead of 400.
>>
>>38214623
you're a fucking idiot

>>38214639
it's not Reddit spacing if it's punctuated correctly
>>
>>38214623
Why poisonous chemicals? Just to be funny?
>>
>>38214720
It was a test and I found it funny
>>
>>38214623
Rough. I always do tests with no more than like tens of dollars of normal stuff so it's no big deal if shit hits the fan. Live and learn.
>>
>>38214428
LOL

Remember to deal with the worst moments in life with poise, grace, humility, calmness, coolness. Jesus was crucified and didn't blame anyone even forgiving them on the cross, Buddha thanked the man who accidentally served him a fatal mushroom for sending him to Nirvana, of course this was your fault and they were innocent, but you'll still look better if you keep your cool and minimize the fallout.
>>
I used to work as a translator for a german grocery store chain. My entire job was receiving files, from about 4 different systems because some suppliers were too retarded to use any of the other 3 options, all of these were just contents of food or shampoos etc.

I would then translate it, remembering all the time that one of the 4 systems is actually a computer-assisted-translating system that, if configured correctly, would make my job perfectly easy and nearly obsolete.

I would send it off, and within a day I'd have a supervisor come to the room and bitch me out about having messed up the order of items 34/54 and 33/54, in front of the whole office (4 roasties) or about a typo.

I was fired after 2 months and if I hadn't been, I think I hope I'd have had enough balls to quit.
>>
>>38214428
I used to work at a company that had ships for constructing stuff in rivers/the sea. Sometimes the workers spent several days or even weeks out there, so they had to pack on supplies like food and that stuff. Part of my job was to manage that and make sure each team was shipped the right things. One time I mixed up two shipments. Sent the small one to the large team and the big one to the small team. No one realized (there was someone there who was supposed to make sure they had been delivered the right supplies but I guess he also fucked up). The result: they went out to the sea with little food so they had to come back earlier. Between the wasted fuel, the fees for using the harbor one more time than needed, the company lost a couple thousand hundred dollars and I got fired
>>
>>38214623

Acid battery is not a poison, it is just corrosive.
>>
>work as software developer
>testing some reminder emails
>accidentally send my personal email address 5000 emails and an another 100 to my boss
Not a big fuckup, but still embarrassing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.