[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

living with grandparents for the summer before college, thinking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1492424077269.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492424077269.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
living with grandparents for the summer before college, thinking about leaving and finding somewhere to stay until it starts. is it a bad idea?
>"get a job if you're gonna stay here" (no where else to go)
became miserable, wanna leave everyday and at one point actually did in the middle of a shift (lol)
>because everyone else in the family has went to college and dropped out they expect me to be the champion of the family and are puttin crazy pressure on me to be a golden child
>am by no means a golden child
>have some places to stay at from here to uni (uni is 200 miles away) and about 500 dollars

nothing has been going my way for almost a year and i honestly believe that a drastic change of course like this may bring me back to life

should i anons?
>>
>>38206258
Explain your feelings to your family b4 taking any decisions into action, otherwise they'll get pissed af. I also live with my grandparents, for different reasons, and live with the pressure of passing post-secondary as none of their sons did due to mental illness. And I'm their eldest grandson, so I assume they want to see a "son" of theirs to do well in life.
FEEELSBAMANE
RELATABLEFEELS
>>
>>38206363
man i dont care if they're pissed

my dude, these are my maternal grandparents and i'm the youngest of all the kids, and they were all fucked up
there's also internal pressure from the fraternal side (though i dont talk to them) because i am the last (and only) one that can pass on the name, which happens to be a last name only 30 people alive have.

these people don't believe in me, is the real point i'm finding. When i tell them i got it and i'm gonna make it happen, they don't believe my words. If they don't give me that respect, what respect can they even expect in return?
>>
>>38206397
Try passively confronting them this feeling of not being respected, maybe they'll point out a legitimate reason that u didn't realize urself (but then again ppl deserve respect anyways)
R these pressures coming from you grandparents, parents, or both?
>>
File: 1492238823214.jpg (72KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1492238823214.jpg
72KB, 894x894px
>>38206502
my parents have pretty much abandoned me (raising me was never in their priorities)
I've been kinda getting juggled between caretakers all my life. i don't think confronting them about that in particular would change much, to be honest
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.