[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this post accurate? Is this what the modern American

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 23566.png (52KB, 1439x390px) Image search: [Google]
23566.png
52KB, 1439x390px
Is this post accurate? Is this what the modern American High School is?
>>
Our schools haven't had "tiers" or "cliques" since the 1980s. This sounds like some middle age fag trying to imagine how their public school experience would apply to modern day archetypes. Fortunately things are much more complex than that. The nerds don't cower in the corner of the lunchroom gazing in awe at the tables of jocks or greasers or whatever anymore. There are groups of cool kids and autists, sure, but it's not as simple as that post imagines it to be.
>>
I actually had very little idea how the hierarchy was when I was in school. All I knew was that I wasn't high but wasn't rock bottom either. Didn't know which cool kids were more popular than others. Didn't know everyone was dating until grades 8 and 9
>>
>>38201678
That's not how my high school was. I went to school in Texas so we didn't have gay shit like drama. You had the sports players but they were on the same tier as the gang members. You had the Mexican gang and you had the black gang. Then you had the non gang members who liked to hang around the gangs. Then you had stoners. Then the nerds, who were treated pretty cool. Then you had the turbo nerds, the ones with the big black glasses and the buck teeth and acne, 90 lbs, following girls around the halls, etc.
>>
>>38201678
No, this is complete bullshit. It's deliberately made to play on /pol/ delusions, like

>black males on the absolute top
>53% identify as something other than cis
>religious kids get bullied

It's all made up, American schools don't work this way and that 53% stat is absolute shit in partiicular.
>>
>>38201764
I went to HS 2002-2006 and there were very much cliques, the classic one from 80s movies no less.
>>
this is sad if it's true, but i don't doubt it. i haven't been to high school in almost 9 years now
>>
>>38202016
https://www.out.com/news-opinion/2016/3/11/less-50-teens-identify-straight-says-new-study
>>
>>38201678
I went to an alternative high school from 2008-2012 and the drama/artsy students were top dog. There were a few jock type groups but they had no recognition or influence.
>>
>>38202082
Straight and cis aren't the same thing at all. Cis means that you're a biological male who knows he's male or a biological female who knows she's female. Straight means you're exclusively heterosexual. Also, this was the relevant bit of information:

>On a scale of zero to six, where zero signified "completely straight" and six meant "completely homosexual," more than a third of the young demographic chose a number between one and five, indicating that they were bisexual to some degree. Only 24 percent of their older counterparts identified this way.

Considering that most women are bisexual, it's not surprising.
>>
>>38202082
>out.com
i'm gay but come the fuck on lol
>>
>>38202320
*also, it's a survey of fewer than 1000 people. What the fuck?
>>
The last time I went to High school was back in 2014 but it was different compared to that post.

There were two types of higher hierarchy: The troublemakers who never go to school and the normie popular groups that are associated with ASB club and president and all that nonsense.

The cliques were spread like this from the ASB Hierarchy. These usually consisted of normies that r9k usually complains about. Think of that shitty show 13 reasons why

>The kids involved in ASB
>Athletes jocks
>The rich kids
>The drama/art/singing/music fags
>The LGBT community
>The SJWs
>Hipsters
>The kids involved in after school activities
>The band reddit nerds
>The generic nerds who
>The nerds who helped the teachers with their classes in school

Now here came the trouble maker hierarchy. This hierarchy consisted of Spics, Niggers, and other minorities

>The gangster spics/trouble maker spics who always got the hottest chicks in school
>The niggers who always got in fights
>The stoners
>The white trash who were also trouble makers
>The generic Mexican group
>The Muslims
>The Russians
>The East Asian kids

and at the very bottom sat the kids who spouted meme jokes irl from reddit or 9gag. There were almost no Christianfags because I went to a liberal shithole of a school. Also, no one cared if you were "FB" famous back then.
>>
>>38202398
What the hell is ASB
>>
>>38202063

2001-2005 here, groups were as follows

1. Rich kids
2. Athletes
2a. A mixture of Athletes and sorta had money becuase their dad owned a landscaping business or a store
3. Whores. Who was most likely to give it up.
4. Anyone who smoked or was 'funny'
5. Anyone else who didn't fall into the above group but wasn't a loser
6. The nerds who could hold serve with normies becuase they were fringe normies and didn't stutter in conversation so they came off as cool.
7. "Rockers"
8. Anyone funny
9. Fat asses who weren't funny
10. Goths
>>
>>38202422

Associated Student Body you double nigger
>>
He literally says the post is about middle school, which is probably accurate.

Comparing it to high school is likely apples and oranges. Two completely different beasts, regardless of the era.
>>
>>38202398
>no one cared if you were "FB" famous back then
No, because they probably already switched to Twitter and Instagram. How can you be that out of touch?
>>
>>38202398
>>38202633
Also,
>back then
Alright there old timer, way back in 2014. I remember it like it was three years ago.
>>
>>38202468
You mean student government?
>>
>>38201678

I don't live in the US but I graduated last year and it was nothing like this at least in my school.

Black people were on par with other white jocks and stuff because most of them were athletes or some shit like that. Black girls were a separate group and usually rarely talked to white girls or any other group.

The russian/ukranian kids were a pretty serious closed group but I drank vodka with them and we talked about CSGO so they're pretty chill I guess

SJW kids were literally a minority. The school I went to was one with a very, very high average finals score and people were generally too smart to be SJW although most kids did have center-left ideologies. There were also almost no LGBT kids that publicly came out.

Reddit/9gag nerds existed kind of like the screencap said. They were like nerds but they would never be into something too obscure so they were treated ok. If you asked them about 4chan they would tell you it's some gross site for depressed angry people.

At the bottom were the goth/emo/punk/metalhead/scene kids. These guys were smart and put their differences aside to become a powerful group. Although the scene kids were mostly normies they were all pretty chill and people who browsed 4chan were almost always part of them.
>>
>>38202633

Facebook was still relevant around that time, retard. Also, I was referring to 2012 when it was still pretty popular and the term "FB Famous" was used a lot. Still remembered memes like these were spread around to mock "FB famous" people because they were true.

>>38202657

>The expression Back then is only used to define a time period long time ago than a specific period or year

How much of a brainlet are you?
>>
UK here went to secondary school from 2005-2010 my school was 99% white so no racial division, the social hierarchy was roughly

Rich hipster kids > Athletes and their groupies > Chavs > Stoners and Druggies > Nerds (the clever ones who were good at school) > Emos and Goths > Spergs and social outcasts
>>
>>38202016
I'm with this guy. Statistics are easily some of the most easily manipulated arguments of the future. People have used shit like, "75% of teenage drivers are involved in car wrecks between May and August." It doesn't mean your kid has a 75% chance to get in a wreck. There are a lot of factors to consider like location, race, class, etc. Statistics are never to be trusted unless backed by actual statisticians and research.
>>
>>38201678
That's pure /pol/ bait. I went to high school in the California bay area and no one gave a shit about race or identity politics. Our senior year english class was pretty much focused on feminist/gender/race garbage and only one person turned into a proto-sjw while everyone else was making fun of it.
>>
I went to a largely black HS so social posturing was everything. There were a few "local rappers" with "streetwear" brands (meaning they printed dumb shit on shirts and paid people to wear it) and they were the kings. I hung out with the few dozen whites and was only friends with about 5 of them. It was a completely different world. There there weren't so much cliques as concrete groups, groups of people who never really interacted with each other.
>>
>>38201678
This is shockingly accurate just graduated in June I live in Los Angeles I don't know about other places
>>
>>38201678
>thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU78wkEpmY8
>This movie is on point
What movie?

When I went to high school it was like this, but a little different.

It was divided in two, between the Mexicans and the whites. (There are virtually no blacks where I live)

The Mexicans had their own hierarchy that I know nothing about. 99% of the trouble makers and gang members were spics.

As for the whites, here was the the good goy overachievers that everyone liked.
The football players got tons of pussy and were mostly chads.
Then there was the band/chorus/theater """geeks"""
Then there was the special snowflake mentally ill SJW types.
Those two overlap to some degree.
Then there was the anime/reddit/gaymer faggots that wore fedoras and trenchcoats and played chess and AOE in the library.
There were the downies and otherwise mentally unstable tards, but they kept to themselves and were surprisingly docile.

Then there were people like me who never spoke to another human being except to squeak pathetically when an asshole teacher decided it was time to "get out of your shell" and ask you to speak. I know of only two others. I wasn't even physically deformed or short, I still don't know what's wrong with me.
>>
>>38201678
true for portland, anti white liberals in an mostly white state, ironic

the shcool I went to the jocks where on the lower scale and all the artsy hipster faggots were on the top
>>
>>38201678
It depends, I moved when I was a teenager so I have two experiences. One was incredibly cliquey like most cliche high school movies(rich cool kids/jocks, drama nerds, emofags, poor trash, hispanic thugs, black groups, etc). I even had to ditch some of my friends from elementary/middle school because they weren't in the "cool clique" that was mostly well off white people and there were a bunch of hot chicks in that group so I hung out with them over my some of my older friends.

When I moved my other high school was completely different, sort of clique'ish in the sense that like minded people had lunch and hung out together but everyone mingled with eachother and groups overlapped often. I would smoke weed with some of the white trash involved in white gangs and then go to a kickback at the rich kids house with all the preppy qts. Nobody rly minded if you hung out with smart nerds either and there wasn't really any nerd bashing. Getting good grades and being smart was generally highly regarded by all the groups and nobody got picked on for that type of thing. Many of the cool hot preppy chicks were in honors classes and went to academic competions.
>>
>>38201678
No, I went to an almost all white school. The coolest were the White sports people. The nonwhites mostly hung out with themselves. The very bottom would be the literal retard kids.
>>
>>38201678
It wasn't like that at my small, all white school.
>>
>football chads at the top
>redneck hunters who had jobs and drove lifted trucks
>mormons with good grades
>drama nerds
>band nerds/stoners/weebs
>some mexicans
>emo/punk/goth/hipsters
>weird fuckers who lived in trailer parks and got teen pregnant, we called them "mudhuts" and "dirt kids"
>>
>>38203974
He said the school was in Portland so it makes sense for there
>>
complete and utter bullshit lmfao
>>
>>38202458
>The nerds who could hold serve with normies becuase they were fringe normies and didn't stutter in conversation so they came off as cool.

Damn, this was me in HS (04-08). I was somewhat popular with the normies, but I wasn't really friends with them either. Never bullied though, so that was nice.
>>
2005 - 2010 Brit here.

>God Tier: Rich Kids
>Top Tier: Athletes and Chads and Stacies perfect at anything
>High Mid Tier: Chavvy Chads and Stacies
>Lower Mid Tier: Just Chavs
>Low Tier: Emos and Goths
>Shit Tier: Social Outcasts, Robots and Neckbeards
>>
>>38204776
I was the one that was so ignored I wasn't even bullied. Bullies didn't know I existed.
>>
>>38201764
Same. People kinda hung out in groups but it was nothing like you see in 80s movies. Everyone still mingles with each other. Also the steriotypical bullying like you see in 80s-00s movies was just non-existent. Graduated in 2014
>>
>>38201678
> middle school teacher
> teaches at high school
I call bull
>>
British comprehensive here, in our school the groups were:
Paki gangsters, got all the best girls
African immigrants, kept themselves to themselves because there were only 3 of them
The guys that played football nearly every lunch- this was a pretty massive group, and they generally hung around as two separate groups, but everyone within it was friendly
Stoners
Genderbender crew
That one guy that exclusively chatted with the year below
And a couple of assorted girly cliques I never really figured out.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.