[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a point of being a NEET when you don't play vidya,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: images (3).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Is there a point of being a NEET when you don't play vidya, binge on animu? Anyone knows these feels? What do you do with so much free time?
>>
This is discussed a lot among various NEET and FIRE forums.

The general consensus is that many people who've worked hard to get free of the work-a-day world are often let down by the freedom that they were striving for (me included). So, you need to find a new way to live, to rediscover yourself and what you really want out of life without worrying about expenses (very much).

But, NEET/FIRE isn't really the solution to your life, it just gives you the tools to create a new life of your choosing.
>>
is there are a point of being a wageslave if you spend the whole day looking forward to the minute you get to leave?
>>
>>38194991
You're lazy, but its not all your fault
If you want to succeed in NEETdom, you need to focus on learning and on improving yourself with the time not spent paying for Mr. Shekelsteingruber's new yacht.
Anime and vidya games are escapist addictions that keep you from realizing your full potential, an opium of the masses to keep you engrossed in a fantasy world while you are exploited and relegated to slavery.
I'm not saying that you can write a symphony or two tomorrow if you nix the anime, but when you aren't vegetating, take time to practice drawing, buy a cheap guitar and pick and strum until you like how it sounds, write something/anything or take a walk/hike and see all the world that you can't see from your covered bedroom windows. Take your time, find a pace that works: you don't want to get overwhelmed because it will send you right back into anime relapse.
I know it sounds like a lot of effort for no immediate reward, but by using vidya and anime daily has actually rewired your brain in the same way drug addiction does. It will be uncomfortable dropping your only coping mechanism, almost withdrawal, but if you push through it you will realize that you were enslaved by immediate gratification. It will get easier as time goes on and as you keep up the constructive pursuits, the hobbies that you've been nurturing have become skills and talents, and you're that much closer to being the kind of person who want to be.
>>
>>38195229
Well, but in my case it wasn't really kind of a lifestyle that I was striving for, more I was pushed to chose that option, as I feared I could go mental with ppl constantly bugging me at work, commenting on my messy life, imo a boring topic, but they just couldn't let it be. Frankly speaking I prefer to work/be occupied by time consuming tasks than to be NEET, 'cause that way I don't really appreciate free time as I constantly have free time. I don't even do drugs besides caffeine to wallow in feelz. Despite being introvertive I appreciated external stimuli, and now I just don't care that much about socializing, just autistically do my things, keep some sort of rutine and go daily by the to-do list.

I know it's not a solution, but for me there are no other options right now where I live, in a very biased environement. I'll probably think of starting somewhere else with all the lessons that I've learnt so far, as I don't want to repeat the same wrongdoings and now I know what behavioral patterns to avoid.

Any NEET thinking to change a lifestyle? Not necessary from NEET to wageslave...
>>
>>38195850
There is no gratification in life, no one cares about skill or talents or who you are, that mindset is just an asinine idea so people can fool themselves thinking they are living with some sort of purpose
>>
>>38195871
Here's a good link, it discusses the art of finding meaningful activity

https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence/comments/6iw4wu/wherever_you_go_there_you_are/

It's more for the FIRE than NEET crowd, but the base ideas are still pretty dead on, IMHO. If you had all of your expenses paid and, after a few months of just watching all the movies and video games you would want, what would you end up doing with your time?

It's an important question and, as a NEET, you have the time to explore it rather than just shackling yourself to a job just because you feel you need to somehow.

HTH
>>
>>38195927
>no one cares about skill or talents or who you are
You do.
Even if you are consumed by nihilism and self-loathing, the fact you haven't hanged yourself means that some part of you hasnt given up on living a life you'd be happy with.
Its easier to believe that life is meaningless, because it relinquishes you from putting effort into anything, or venturing out of your comfort zone into unknown territory. Its just a cop-out.
Have you ever even tried? Or have you always run away?
>>
>>38196190
I don't faggot, you can fool yourself for so long before realizing that things really don't matter and Rationalization can get you so far. You are just a coward that refuses to call a spade a spade.
>>
>>38195850
OP's here. Thankfully anime/vidya is not my addiction anymore. I try to do more constructive things like picking up foreign languages etc, but it kind of lacks a purpose, I'm doing it almost mechanically, to get that feeling of not wasting completly my time being inactive, daydreaming. Those activities don't bring me any joy at all.

>>38195931
Thanks, gonna check that out.

NEET annons, are you happy with your NEET life? How do your days look like? Are you shut down in your room, or you socialize?
>>
I'd rather enjoy boredom than being commanded around like a slave each day.

Makes sense
>>
I haven't done any of that in a while because I feel guilty wasting my time.
>>
>>38195357
yes, you get paid
retard
>>
>>38197790

the government literally takes ~30% of your pay and gives it to us to sit at home and play video games all day, retard

tick-tock...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.