[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here feel like their too smart for there peers? Yesterday

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 23

File: ricksad.jpg (41KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
ricksad.jpg
41KB, 320x320px
Anybody here feel like their too smart for there peers?

Yesterday I was invited to a 4th of July party and I was appalled how all these chads I went to high school with could be so amused by blowing things up.

I find myself isolated because of this, and often have to "dumb myself down" in order to even connect with people (IQ is 109)

Do any of you guys feel this way?
>>
File: 665454.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
665454.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRDD
>>
Rick and morty is Reddit: The show
>>
>feeling too smart at slightly above average iq
>Doesn't know the difference between there their and they're
>>
You're probably a pseudointellectual, or just recently turned 18.
>>
i have a friend who thinks like this, he's unironically a fat neckbeard who thinks way too highly of himself

don't be an asshole, normies suck, but don't be a prick
>>
>>38189278
Eh, I like seeing things being blown up. Just because a person's tastes are different, doesn't mean that they're any less intelligent. Plus, there's a certain beauty of seeing what we have accomplished. The dancing of the fire and sparks that illuminates the sky is stunning to me.(IQ of 146. If it even matters)
>>
you're not smarter than them
I don't care how smart you think you are
>>
>>38189278
>can't understand that other people have differing tastes
More likely you're too autistic for your peers.
>>
>>38189278
Fuck off reddit. I've never understood why people want to watch fireworks, but I don't look down on normies for watching them. Though setting of your own fireworks is fun.
>>
OP is obvious bait but hey man
>>
>>38189278
I understand you drunk professor. Why the last party I went to some stranger tried to give me alcohol. To think I would willingly indulge in unneeded calories and increased blood estrogen level.
>>
>109 IQ
>too smart for fireworks
>fucks up theyre, their and there
fuck up
>>
File: 1456425639676.jpg (100KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1456425639676.jpg
100KB, 500x667px
>>38189278

I know I do.

I'm pretty much smarter than everyone here, without a doubt.

I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area. An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test. My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it. I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan). I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across.

And philosophy itself? well. It has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.

I know your pain, OP
>>
>their too smart for there peers

*they're* too smart for *their* peers.

That's two in a row, OP. Don't try to dumb yourself down TOO much.

BTW I'm demonstrating that hanging out with smarter people will also make you feel shitty.
>>
>>38189421
Well yeah, obviously. It's just a question that could actually start a conversation.
>>
File: bait.png (77KB, 223x384px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
77KB, 223x384px
>>38189278
>109 IQ
>too smart
>standard deviation of IQ is 15 points
>>
>>38189278
IQ is 109
lmaooooo my tested IQ is 133 ,I am not even bragging or anything dude I had to do one in high school before i got access to my psych meds,it was a proper 3 hour one full of different types of assesments and analysis by a certified clinical psychologist
>>
>ITT: everyone is a fucking genius
>>
>>38189496
are you the dumbest cunt alive
>>
File: a1pissedoff.jpg (22KB, 400x306px)
a1pissedoff.jpg
22KB, 400x306px
>>38189278

in this thread...
>people think they're too smart but really are just not socialized and/or are uncomfortable with themselves

The so called Chads that just want to blow stuff up are just comfortable enough with themselves to act silly and stupid about it. It has nothing to do with intelligence except perhaps in the area of interests and life focus

Look man intelligence means so little in the long run. People think it makes them special or proud and it isolates them to be higher up and blahblah. All bullshit. Instead difficulties connecting has to do with socialization and social pedigree and the intelligent individual often lacks those things for many reasons that usually have to do with judgement, both internal and external.

In sum, get over yourself. It's easier to elevate yourself above others to justify your general dislike of someones actions but doing so turns you into an ugly arrogant person inside and eventually outside. Have a slice of humble pie, be yourself and try to have fun or gtfo and do something else that pertains to your interests and life focus. Be compassionate to yourself and others in your judgement. Make new friends or appreciate your isolation.

Also holy shit enough with these IQ test citations. IQ testing is bullshit because intelligence is so multifaceted. At most its a measure of how well you see and comprehend patterns.
>>
>>38189278
If you think you're smart you are definitely stupid.
>>
>>38189278
Faggot my iq is about 115 about and I fucking love explosives and guns
>>
>>38189744

Not possible while you're alive sempai
>>
>>38189278
>people in this thread will fail to realize the joke

I think ur post is funny and I appreciate the irony, OP
:)
I mean poe's law and all but I assume it's irony
>>
File: 1498120488180.jpg (53KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1498120488180.jpg
53KB, 512x384px
>people replying to this seriously
>originally
>>
IQ of 130 here, i know this feel
>>
>>38189827
>>38189810
Yeah it was pretty clear to me it's a Leddot le Rock and Mitsy XD joke
Some people just don't understand RP humor I guess
>>
>>38189900
Can you explain the joke then.
>>
File: or15k5rrav3z.jpg (162KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
or15k5rrav3z.jpg
162KB, 460x460px
>>38189278
>120 iq
>realized noormies just look for things to say regardless of meaning because dopamine rush from talking
>try to do this
>too autistic
>>
>Too smart for there peers
>there peers

Oh dear
>>
>>38189757
>people think they're too smart but really are just not socialized and/or are uncomfortable with themselves
For me the issue is that i'm too different from others. Not really trying to say i'm a special snowflake, but it's just that my interests, tastes and everything are so far apart from other people that there's just no common ground to build a relationship in. It really crushed me when i tried to discuss chinese cartoons with people that also liked them and found myself just as lost as when i spoke with normies.
>try looking for people with the same tastes
I have met and tried to connect with so many, so many people that also liked chinese cartoons, music, sports. Yet nothing came out of it, because even though we liked the same things we liked them in such a different way that it just didn't work out.
>try things normies like
Been there done that, it just doesn't make me feel whole
>introduce people to things you like
That's mostly my approach now, but success rate is very slim.
>love yourself and others will do it too
I do. I like how i am, and i wouldn't change it or try to be anyone else. But even though i like myself, i have come to understand that people just won't like me. Makes sense if you think about it, if we can't agree on chinese cartoons, how can we agree on someone's personality?
>>
>>38189278
IQ of 116. I hate my college. I can't wait to graduate and be away from these simpletons. Honestly, it's a huge part of why I have next to no friends
>>
>>38189278
>cartoons
>somehow advanced
That aside, if you don't enjoy blowin shit up in a smart fashion, or using your imagination to project your darker fantasies onto cheap fireworks, you're normie
>>
>>38189278
>there peers
You're a grade-A genius, anon
>>
>>38189931

That would involve pretending there's something humorous about this thread.
>>
If you were so smart you would be selling fireworks to normies and not being socially retarded on a Canadian club penguin fansite
>>
>>38189488
But do you enjoy the smell of,your own farts?
>>
File: 14141.jpg (9KB, 158x200px) Image search: [Google]
14141.jpg
9KB, 158x200px
>>38189348
not op but I'll take nor speging out irl social situations then correcting grammer, you understood what he put but nope, you'd rather spend time picking out peoples flaw's to make yourself feel better, you're average at best and you hate it
>>
>>38189351
>You're probably a pseudointellectual
This. It probably applies to over 90% of this bord.
>>
Dunning-Kruger Effect. Look it up.
>>
>>38189278
>tfw iq of 130
I know that feel.
>>
>>38189278
>can't tell the difference between they're and there and their

bait right?
>>
File: noose frog.png (110KB, 383x549px) Image search: [Google]
noose frog.png
110KB, 383x549px
>tfw too dumb for my peers
>27
>have no social experience and it shows big when i say a joke that pushes boundaries and crosses lines that I can't see
>>
>brother who got G.E.D. spent 4th July barbeque complainin about how "people with lower IQs" got to graduate and shit when he dropped out from being a lazy faggot and became a frycook
>his IQ remark is about a computer test he took on our brick of a PC in the fucking 90's, when he was 10
>was looking directly at me- first college graduate in our family and beginning homeowner as he said it

Brainlet here, how does it feel to be too smart to succeed?
>>
>>38189470
>watches rick and morty
>has a picture of le burp atheist scientist in his computer
>>
>post a thread with something like intelligent, IQ or smart somewhere
>see floods of butthurt dumb asses saying it's impossible for anyone to be smart

only stupid people get hostile over this stuff.
>>
>>38191932
PepepopoPEEPEEPOOPOO
U MISS DE POINT, YOU LOOZ DE JOINT

NO DRUG FOR TOO WEAKS
>>
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAND we're back
>>
>>38190915
Listen here neet, if somebody claims something as ego stroking as being "too smart", then they had better have a firm grasp of 3rd grade English.
>>
>>38191369

''Heh... this thing I learned through googling a post on /lit/ will surely teach this idiot a lesson. Think you're smart, huh? Well,

YOU'RE NOT ANYMORE! Are you... MAD?''
>>
File: 1498629078211.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1498629078211.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
>>38189488
> i'm better than you 'cus i understand physics better than you
Oh, so that's making you a better person? You fat little prick, you think that you're fucking "better person", but you are just a son of a bitch.
BTFO, you're not a robot, you are nothing. You don't deserve anything for this actitude. Fucking scum
>>
You're not "smart" your mind has just been raped by the internet and your attention span is too low to be engaged by a task that takes a competent amount of effort to enjoy.
>>
>>38189278
as a person with an iq of 120 (there abouts), i can tell you with confidence that you're not special at all.
you struggle to connect with people and enjoy things because you are depressed, so if your iq is indeed 109, it should actually be much higher.

be honest with yourself and get help, not medication.
>>
>>38189488
I had both arms amputated before I took my IQ test, and stayed up For 69 DAYS prior. My IQ is over 9999999 and I had SexZ with many gurrls and they had Organ many times!!11oneone
>>
>>38192005
Everybody is a genius on the internet
>>
anyone who says 4th of july is fun and we just losers is fucking retarded.

go masturbate to some fucking fireworks and bbq. this culture of having a fucking party on every little thing is degenerate. people didn't celebrate every tiny thing like we do today. we were humble in our achievements and didn't fill our mouths with cancerous meat like animals
>>
>>38189278
holy shit you're such a pretencious faggot. I bet you like doing some stupid shit too. I bet they even have a better education than you do brainlet.
>>
>>38189524
Keep in mind that about 50% of the population has an IQ below 100. Even an IQ of 109 puts you well above most people, especially the Chads. Of course, you still have the other half of the population on your level with a slightly above average IQ like that.
No, then take mr 133 >>38189664. He should really feel lonely in his intelligence, being in the top 2 percent. I scored in the top 1%, but luckily I'm an idiot savant whose only strength is making IQ tests.
>>
>>38189348
FUCKING

/ T H R E A D
T
H
R
E
A
D
>>
I love when robots think that they're too smart when really they just have no clue how to interact with the people around them or have fun

>inb4 wall of text about the exact science of having fun
>>
File: 1428812152853.jpg (27KB, 259x188px) Image search: [Google]
1428812152853.jpg
27KB, 259x188px
>>38191979

>Oh, so that's making you a better person?

Pretty much, yes.

>You fat little prick, you think that you're fucking "better person", but you are just a son of a bitch.

Get a load of this dumbass.
>>
you require different peers, not different brains, anons
>>
>>38189278
>tfw 110 IQ
>Probably couldnt stand a retard like you

You have no idea the pain me and Rick share.
>>
>>38192182

You could be a modern day divinci and no one would give a fuck since you don't leave your room, anon. Smarts dont mean shit unless you use them.
>>
File: 1494513451692s.jpg (11KB, 211x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494513451692s.jpg
11KB, 211x250px
>>38189278
just because they like stuff that blows up doesn't mean they have a low iq
get out of your own asshole
>even smart people like dumb shit
>>
File: 1417634158807.jpg (84KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1417634158807.jpg
84KB, 600x411px
>>38192319

>divinci

it's da vinci

>and no one would give a fuck since you don't leave your room

>Implying that there havent been a large number of scientists and artists that were shut-ins.

and that was BEFORE the internet.

You jumped too quickly on the defensive without thinking it through.

Besides. I'm baiting. My IQ is only around 130.
>>
>>38189278
It's a self-defense mechanism to preserve the fragile ego, brought on by fear of loosening up around people. I feel it too, but I can at least recognize it these days. God, I was such a fedora-tier wannabe smartypants intellectual that it's embarrassing.

We're really not that smart. At age 21 I tested at 115 (age 27 now), which was barely in the 'above average' range. Certainly not high enough to be so far beyond my peers in intelligence that I couldn't relate to them. It's probably a result of my poor socialization, not muh intelekt
>>
File: 1497307414570.png (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497307414570.png
63KB, 600x600px
>tfw 174 iq
life is depressing when you're a being of such high intellect.
>>
File: NTII_BEH_509829.jpg (120KB, 1163x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NTII_BEH_509829.jpg
120KB, 1163x1200px
>browse /r9k/, the most pathetic board on the internet
>achieve nothing and live neet lifestyle
>see iq thread
>oh boy time to brag about how I have 160 IQ! (literally everyone)
>blah blah blah i invent things blah blah blah school was too easy now i just sit around doing nothing because nihilism huhuehuehue

Stop deceiving yourselves, you idiots couldn't tie a pair of shoelaces.
>>
>>38192470

>He took the bait too.

I can see why so many people do this sort of thing.

It's really easy to get stupid people riled up.
>>
>>38189278
>IQ is 109
>like their too smart
>>
>>38189278
The Dunning-Kruger effect welcomes you with open arms
>>
>>38189278
>pic of Rick
>IQ is 109

This is obvious bait
>>
I know that exact feel famalerino.
Whenever I talk to normies I want to shout "Hey get smart dumbies!" but they will never learn.
I guess were destined to wonder the earth as lonely souls, too smart to ever interact with the common folk. Not knowing much sure must be peaceful.
>>
File: 1498809778076.gif (63KB, 600x723px) Image search: [Google]
1498809778076.gif
63KB, 600x723px
>>38189278
I know the pain, OP. I'm an atheist, nihilist, I have a wicked sense of humor, and 115 IQ (online). I just have never been able to fit in with normal people and I'm just too smart for my own good. People just can't grasp abstract concepts on the level I do, and I'm well ahead of my times. I honestly treat everyone as a pawn in the game of chess that is my life. Too bad I'm just lazy
>>
>>38192636
holy shit this is such an accurate reflection of my self...
>>
>>38192636

I hear ya man.

My friend at the academy was commenting on how the online IQ tests are pretty accurate, too, despite what most people say, So I'm officially impressed.

we should totally get together and go over some kant!
>>
>>38192417
>God, I was such a fedora-tier wannabe smartypants intellectual that it's embarrassing.
This. My long-winded overly verbose essays from English class could prove that. It is in fact pretty fucking embarrassing.

You know, my IQ tested at 127 (the test was administered by my psychiatrist), but nowadays I feel pretty dumb and brain-fogged. It's probably the dissonance from realizing I'm actually a complete fucking moron and there's millions of other half-witted goons out there like me who think they're in the top percentile of intelligence when they're really not. Each day I'm forced to ask myself, where do I go from this realization?
>>
>>38189278
>too smart
>incorrectly uses "their" and "there"

yeah okay
>>
>>38192676
Can't tell if this be bait or not
>>
File: 1499056172809.jpg (39KB, 636x651px) Image search: [Google]
1499056172809.jpg
39KB, 636x651px
>>38192676
>we should totally get together and go over some kant!

Hmm, I have not read Kant, my friend. But I have read The Republic and Meditations, so I would consider myself an expert on Philosophy at this point. I watch School of Life YT videos as well as any intellectual would. Normies just don't understand
>>
>>38192736

Bait?

Why would I bait you?

I'm interested in only the highest forms of intellectual discourse.

When I was a child, my parents used to make write dissertations, memorize them, and then recite them by rote, Using only morse code. I'm not making this up.
>>
>>38192783
>calls himself an intellectual
>doesn't watch Vsauce
>>
File: 447068.jpg (38KB, 590x574px) Image search: [Google]
447068.jpg
38KB, 590x574px
hey not sue if bait or not OP but you should try blowing stuff up it's so fucking fun. good luck working out your brain problems
>>
>>38192783

Ahhh yes! meditations.

Me and marcus are like old friends. Stay a god amoungst brainlets, my man. May knowledge and wisdom light your way.
>>
>>38189278
>IQ 109
Okay retard, you aren't smart. You're probably just an edgy retard who who doesn't know how to have fun and uses "heh i'm to smart 4 these normys!" as an excuse.
>>
At the age of 5, I took an IQ test. Realizing that a high score would separate me from my peers, I threw the test and STILL got a 140. Haven't taken one since. I'm now 17. I get what you're feeling. But don't overestimate yourself. There will always be someone smarter. If you feel too smart for your peers, get new ones. If you don't like a subject, try philosophy. Seek wisdom and quit acting like a fool.
>>
>>38192470
most are just baits. but a few do genuinely believe they have a 130+ iq, i feel sorry for those.
>>
>>38193290
child iq tests are different from adult ones
your iq is probably just slightly above average
>>
>>38193620

Especially those who take online iq tests. I have taken an official test and got 124 and on online tests I can get 140+ if I really put my mind to them.
>>
if you think having fun by blowing things up is at it's core "stupid", you're just immature. Do you think the people that engineer explosives are stupid? No, and there's at least one of them that loves their job. For all you know the people you think are stupid for having fun with explosives could be thinking about the chemical reactions that produce each given effect. How things so little can create something so grand. If you knew they weren't just taking the explosions at face value, would you still consider them stupid? I'm no genius, but in my opinion, a genius should be able to learn how to connect with other people that don't have an IQ close to theirs. I think it's immature and cocky for someone to think they can't because they're "too smart"
>>
>>38189278
> feeling ""too smart"" for peers
> uses IQ score to feel better about self
> robot who posts on here all day
sounds more like a complex to me maybe if you wearn't so prideful you would enjoy hanging out with you're peers
>>
Yeah, I have to do so with the girl I like.
But I don't think it's "dumbing" ourselves, but rather simplifying ourselves. I don't consider myself smarter than the average person, yet I don't use the same vocabulary. (English isn't my main by the way)
>>
>>38189278

On the contrary, I often struggle with feeling retarded, despite having no actual proof of it being so. Being average isn't so bad, if you actually make it work somehow instead of just shitposting on /r9k/.
>>
>rickposting

back 2 >>>>>/reddit/
>>
File: DSC_0986_1024x1024.jpg (140KB, 1024x1024px)
DSC_0986_1024x1024.jpg
140KB, 1024x1024px
>>38189278
>iq is 109
You're average as fuck m8.
My guess is you are using this idea to make yourself feel superior because you have low self esteem or because you are secretly jealous that you don't have what they have so you use this idea to rationalize to yourself why you are alone. The real reason is either that you don't talk to people, or you're a bit of an asshole. When was the last time you asked someone how there day was?

Also, you might think this way because you never get past small talk with someone, and because you don't know anyone enough to have deeper conversations, you just assume they can't
>>
File: sheeple.png (46KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46KB, 376x401px
>>38189278
2deep4thou
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 512x512px
I was gonnna say this bait was heavy handed, but people fell for it so perhaps I'm too smart for my peers.
>>
>>38189278
autistic
109 basically normal
durr im too SMURT for fYRewURXSSSS >:(
>>
>>38195587
I'd wager a little less than 50% of the population actually thinks these thoughts. Still a big amount, but not really.
>>
>>38195982
Make that 20% in all honesty.
>>
>>38189278
you're not too smart, just boring
>>
>>38189278
>There peers

>There

Clearly not you
>>
>>38190915
>than correcting grammar
>>
>>38189488
If you're so smart, then what does a pussy feel like?
>>
>tfw can't tell if I'm too smart to fall for bait or too dumb to notice everyone else is playing along
>>
>>38189278
109 is like only a bit above average .... I feels for you though .... that said idk maybe better to enjoy small things then rot in despair like us lol
>>
>>38189278
I got Mensa tested as 135, it doesn't keep me from having friends faggot.
>>
>>38193664
You're likely totally correct. It's pretty much just a statistic I use to feel good about myself.
>>
>>38189488
you can't take an SAT without registering a few weeks beforehand so thats bullshit.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.