[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /r9k/ learn to lucid dream You get to: >Fly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: 1463583348577.png (13KB, 229x275px) Image search: [Google]
1463583348577.png
13KB, 229x275px
Why doesn't /r9k/ learn to lucid dream

You get to:
>Fly
>Fuck whoever you want
>Kill/torture whoever you want
>Be a superhero
>Be a supervillain
>Have a gf
ect. ect.
>>
File: IMG_2047.jpg (132KB, 1125x1071px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2047.jpg
132KB, 1125x1071px
Message for OP:

If I do not get dubs: nothing happens

If I get dubs: I will find you and fondle your boytittys while pressing up against you

If I get trips: I will get the succ from YOU

If I get quads or more: I will tie to my bed and cut you open and sleep inside you like Star Wars V ON hoth.
>>
File: 1465332515690.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465332515690.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>38180769
Nice try faglord, I win yet again
>>
Several years ago I was obsessed with this.

>watched Inception over 20 times
>watched all of the lucid dreaming youtubers of the day
>started a dream journal
>tried meditation

...but like most things in life that require dedication and effort, I failed to build an everyday habit and school really fucked things up.

You know how it goes.
>>
I can and have done so for the last 10 years.
AMA
>>
My boner in my dreams always wake me up and even when I realize I'm dreaming in a dream I will still struggle to control my actions
>>
>>38181932

How did you stay dedicated to journaling? Also, tell us a cool dream story.
>>
>>38182009
I leave little notes for myself on my nightstand to remind myself to journal. Other than that, it just takes dedication and self motivation. It's tough and I often get lazy.

Cool dream story? Hmmm
>wake up in my house
>instantly realize I'm dreaming because I just went to sleep a second ago
>get up and walk through my bedroom door after stabilizing the dream
>walk through my bedroom door and somehow end up walking IN my front door
>see man out on my porch
>go outside and ask him who he is
>he's there to teach me how to fly he says
>decide I've found a dream guru
>let him teach me to fly off my balcony
>soon I'm swooping through the air with him
>he takes his leave and I fly off looking for something to do
>fly through the most realistic looking mountain range
>most beautiful mountains you ever saw
>gradually get higher and higher
>wake up feeling emotionally elevated

Or any time that I actually sat down and tried to experience the dream. By that I mean I just sometimes stay put and feel things with my hands. It feels legitimately so fucking real you can't tell the difference. I can feel every individual crack in the wall, every pockmark on a piece of stone, every blade of grass individually. It's simply incredible.
>>
How do I lucid? Please teach me, I wanna do cool things
>>
>>38180539
If you want to lucid dream to have a gf, you should consider going the tulpamancy route and creating a tulpa.

Assuming you invest enough time:
>Independent and sentient being that lives in your head
>Can visualize and communicate with your tulpa
>You can give her a base form, such as your cute 2D waifu, although you should expect your tulpa to deviate from this form.
>Will probably love you unconditionally
>May love you romantically, not guaranteed.
>>
I can go lucid, but I can't fly or change my environment or do anything amazing and my dream enemies (Chad, bullies, normies, etc.) still have power over me.
>>
>>38182088
>>38181874 has a good guide
>>
>>38182119
>>38182119
Dream control doesn't just happen overnight. You have to exercise it. Start with stabilization techniques and move on to larger things.
I wasn't able to do most efficient dream control for at least two years.
Dream control is all about expectations. Expect something to happen, and it will. That's harder than it looks because you really have to believe the impossible to get anywhere.
>>
File: 0lEvHSt.png (126KB, 655x666px) Image search: [Google]
0lEvHSt.png
126KB, 655x666px
>>38180539
how do dear OP
i want to experience my cousin's fine ass
i'm literaly fucking clueless to this stuff
>>
>>38180539
I have insomnia, and when I do fall asleep I have a few lucid dreams by accident.
But for me it isn't a dream where "you can do whatever you want." It's a dream where the first thing my half-conscious mind can think of ends up being the dream.
Sometimes i think of cuddling with a girl or other comfy things.
Other times I end up thinking about horrible nightmares like being crushed by a boulder. Lucid nightmares are fucking awful. You wake up panicking, sometimes convinced you had just died.
>>
File: 1499291036504.png (377KB, 416x296px) Image search: [Google]
1499291036504.png
377KB, 416x296px
>>38180539
Lucid dreaming is a tool the weak use to have freedom. When you awake the world will still belong to the few strong enough to grasp reality.
>>
>>38180539
I did, but shit started getting very weird very fast, and then I forgot
I've been to places too surreal to describe or even remember 100% and they felt more real than any aspect of my life now
My dreams are still vivid, but usually not lucid, and frustratingly mundane.
>>
>>38180539
Sounds great but I really, really hate the thought of habitually interrupting my sleep to wake up in the middle of the night and write down dreams to improve my dream recall.
>>
>>38182433
good tip: instead of writing them down manually just find some autistic server or person to shitpost your dreams to, has pretty much the same effect and if you ctrl + f you can look back on any dream you've had for dream signs and shit.
>>
Lucid dreams are cool. Haven't dreamed much lately, though. I used to lucid dream very often and it was kind of messing my mind.
I spend so much time drunk and dreaming that I sometimes confuse reality.
>>
>>38182541
That's why you have to have a reality check in place

I try to see if I can put my hand through the other, if I can I'm dreaming, if not I'm not
>>
>>38182306
This is the zenith of the dad meme. It's all downhill from here.

Also I've been dedicated to trying, still do occasional reality checks, and put effort into WILD every single night. Make two kind of lucid dreams.
>>
File: hitachi magic wand.jpg (65KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
hitachi magic wand.jpg
65KB, 720x1280px
>>38180539
Thanks pal but unnecessary
>>
>>38180539
>Why doesn't /r9k/ learn to lucid dream

At first blush, lucid dreaming seems a very attractive practice, doesn't it? God, in His wisdom, has decided it is best for one to be repulsive in His otherwise beautiful world, a grotesque freak whose only place in His cosmic carnival is as an exhibit in Nature's sideshow. Tasked with suffering as one of the thorny weeds in the Lord's garden, there's the temptation to create a garden of one's own. You'll never usurp God, of course, but perhaps through the sorcery of lucid dreaming one can become a little god in your own right. Hated in the daylight world, one may be tempted to manufacture lovers in the Land of Nod. Man was not meant to be alone, but God refuses to mold a mate from earth for your sake. So you retreat beneath the horizon and attempt to craft one for yourself from shadows.

The problem is that the dreamer is not a god, and the phantasmal companions that attend to him are so fragile that the light of dawn is sufficient to dispel them. They are no more substantial than the imaginary friends the child conjures up playing in his nursery, little wisps that vanish the moment he is driven by the compulsion to abandon it for the sake the adult world.

The visionary recognizes there's no joy waiting for him when he opens his eyes, that the moment he does so he'll have to glimpse in the mirror and see with them what the eyes of all others do: a hideous ghoul for whom light is a curse rather than a blessing, one of those miserable things that both God and Nature have relegated to the darkness. Dwelling in his nocturnal Paradise, the lucid dreamer begs that he be spared the rising of the Sun. Sadly, the only one who hears his cries are himself and, god of his fantasy world though he may be, he lacks the power to answer his own prayers.

Dawn rises and the nursery crumbles. Heaven slips from the frantic dreamer, allowing Hell to rush in and reclaim one of its own.
>>
I just have super dope regular dreams: Recently, I had a dream where I was basically playing a game that was sort of a fully immersive VR game where I had this dope flying snowboard kind of thing plus a variety of abilities I could proc on a menu and weapons. I was in some kind of French Rivera type terrain but it was its own region with the British in charge of a large portion and some other unspecified group owning the rest. There was an extensive crime syndicate entrenched in the British portion, and I was open world navigating around dealing with underbosses in a mix of stealth and disguise based gameplay and sick airboarding action.
>>
File: tumblr_ocmxh7qZqE1u4nbmvo1_540.jpg (55KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocmxh7qZqE1u4nbmvo1_540.jpg
55KB, 540x405px
i used to but then i'd get so sad and depressed upon waking up, i'd just cry about how it'd never be real.
>>
>>38183682
this. honestly it makes me feel worse
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.