[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have Visual Snow? I've had it for most

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Does anyone here have Visual Snow?

I've had it for most of my life but in the last 2 years it's gotten a lot worse to the point where I can't ignore it and it's ruined things as simple as walking in the nature or playing vidya and watching a movie for me.

My symptoms are

>static vision always
>sensitivity to light, auras or halos around lights, after-images with almost all lights
>weird invisible "wave" that warps my vision sometimes ever so slightly
>derealisation, depersonalisation, anxiety, depression, brain fog, difficulty to concentrate
>difficulty seeing in the dark
>difficulty seeing in areas with a lot of different light bulbs since they always create some sort of strange reflection that bothers my vision

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone here found a way to reduce it? From what I understand it has no cure, but a few lucky people have managed to decrease it a lot.

Posting on /r9k/ since this is pretty much as robotic as life can get for me.
>>
I have never thought about it too much, but i have pretty much all things you describe.
I did not even know there was name for it.
>>
>>38180742
That's why there's no research done for this. People are unaware that they have it, or just don't have a name for it.

A few years ago I just thought I was depressed or "not right in the head" but I've finally realised why I feel so detached from the world.
>>
>>38181247
Do you also sometimes get some cloud looking thing blocking part of your vision?
For me it usually comes with mild headache.
>>
>>38180461
Oh OP this is most likely caused by an excess of those floater things in the fluid between your eye lenses and the retinas. I'm not sure what science can honestly do to solve this, as it's not like they can physically remove them from the eye, and I don't know of a drug that would reduce them, since some of it is just random debris and tissue
>>
I have it.

>>38181467

This has nothing to do with floaters or the eyes, it's related to the brain, just like tinnitus. It's a direct issue with how someones brain interprets the visuals. People don't research why it exists or any kind of treatment.
>>
>>38180461
Did you ever take Lsd or any hallucinogens this can be the cause even one dose is enough to cause it
>>
I have this but I don't think it affects me day to day. I can kinda concentrate past it. It can be hard to see at night but you can focus on things you can see and the static becomes more of a background thing.
>>
>>38181644
I've smoked weed and hash a few times, but I noticed it before then, and I've only smoked once in the last 2 years or so. It could have made it worse but I don't consider it to be the main reason.

I took a prescribed antidepressant pill ONCE which had a terrible effect on me, and I I'm very sure it made it worse.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.