[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do completely self-aware and reasonably intelligent people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1466861385192.jpg (101KB, 668x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1466861385192.jpg
101KB, 668x1370px
Why do completely self-aware and reasonably intelligent people stay lazy and unmotivated?
>>
>>38160612
Because we understand nothing has any meaning and there is ultimately no reward for anything we might do, so there is nothing to motivate us.
>>
>>38160612
If you were *completely* self-aware I think you would commit suicide L I T E R A L L Y right now
Life is a horror show m8o and complete awareness would unveil ultimate truths that cannot be dealt with other than through death (because a truth cannot be altered, all one can do is separate from it)
>>
Holy fuck were clones
>>
>>38161189
This shit is just entertaining now, just here for a laugh
>>
Feminism and the social justice movement systematically removed any and every form of reward for working class white males over the last 60 years. There's no reason to do anything other than something bitter like becoming a parasite NEET, or shooting up a school or something in that vein.
>>
>>38160612
Why bother? My goals have slowly become more and more "realistic" so that now they require much to any effort to achieve. Things like "wake up, eat, try to enjoy life before killing myself"

Right now, I'm on the verge of asking a girl out. I have literally nothing to lose other than some dignity if rejected. I realise it probably won't go anywhere as I'm a social failure but why not. The biological side of my brain is driving me crazy, constantly coming up with scenarios where I'm with someone and it's driving me crazy.

I'm not sure what to do
>>
>>38161322
> The biological side of my brain
Are you like, an android?
>>
>>38160612
Because you were born 2 die and the world is a fuck
>>
I hate everyone and gave up years ago
>>
>>38160612
There's no point and actually wanting a specific job like a passion in life (or not getting tired of a job) and that bringing you joy is retarded neurotypical shit
>>
>>38160612
because if you dare disturb the
universe now you get beaten to
broken by the as is hegemony
>>
>>38161682
>didn't realize that the term "robot" is literal
Fullflesh normie detected
>>
>>38160612

Because you're not as self-aware and intelligent as you think you are. You're just a bunch of egotists who fall back on the "smart but lazy meme" in order to preserve your self-confidence in the face of your worthless lives.
>>
>>38160612
Because their emotions don't work properly. If their shit is sufficiently fucked, rationality alone can't touch that mess. (So intelligent people without this problem probably do just fine.) Well, that's my guess anyway.
>>
>>38160612
Because we have nothing to motivate us. The trick to motivation for most people is to have other people motivate you, whether it's a teacher or a friend or a parent.
>>
I was gonna post a reply anon but then I saw the other people who reply.

Maybe next time op.
>>
It might be because you're all stubborn undeveloped cunts
>>
>>38162316
Let me rephrase it

Why do people who know of and understand their problems and of solid solutions to these problems stay lazy and unmotivated?
>>
>>38160612
I don't think anyone here can answer this question.
>>
>>38162316
>implying your life isn't equally as worthless as their life
>>
>>38162316
Or maybe we measure worth differently than you do.
>calls others egotists
>actually thinks that the method they use to rank others is an objective standard
>>
File: Construction.jpg (496KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Construction.jpg
496KB, 1536x1536px
>>38160612
There are many reasons to this. Each Reason for Each Unique Life. They could just be the smart but lazy trope. Or they could have been abused, Or they are content with their current life. You should begin asking these questions as if they are personal.
>>
>>38162405

Again, because anyone who's spent even a brief time browsing this board as an outsider, or has tried to offer advice, knows that the vast majority of you understand neither your problems nor what you should do to fix them. It's literally a meme to attack normal, well-adjusted people who offer you sensible advice.

>>38162459
No one who describes themselves as "lazy and unmotivated" will have accomplished anything worth mentioning.
>>
>>38160612
>self aware
>intelligent

Throw in a bit of logical objectivity, an unwillingness to indulge in blissful delusion and ignorance and you get a "smart but lazy" robot.

When you take off the rose colored beer goggles suddenly the horror of your predicament and position in life becomes all too clear and any happiness one could achieve quickly loses its meaning. True happiness only grows within the fractal vieethat those rose colored goggles provide. And even if you put them back on the image of how the world truly is, how it works and what will ultimately become of it all remains superimposed on your retinas like starring at the sun for too long.
>>
>>38162509
/thread
fuck, /almost every thread on r9k, /almost every idiotic dialogue people have about each other in real life

>>38162591
>Or maybe we measure worth differently than you do.
>>
>>38162628
Meant to quote >>38162554, not >>38162591
>>
>>38160612
Because theres no reason to do anything more than eat, sleep and fuck(masturbate). We are animals, the only things we are naturally motivated to do is survive and reproduce.

The vast majority of humans do just that. But we're flooded with examples of outliers like the entrepreneur billionaires who have an unnatural amount of motivation and dont care for basic pleasures.
>>
>>38162509
>unique life

There's no such thing. For every person there's thousands more just like it. They're all just different flavors of shit.
>>
Most people work because they have too. We are always focused on the successful normies, but most of them fuck up and have a kid when they are like 16-21 and have to grow up real fucking quick., or just get kicked out at 18.
>>
>>38162554
Ehhh, I've actively asked normal, well-adjusted people for sensible advice for the last couple years and while I took it to heart and could write essays on it all I do jackshit with it. I know for a fact that if I acted upon most of that advice my problems would slowly disappear and I would be in a vastly better situation than I am currently.

Despite all of that I'm still lazy and I'm still unmotivated.
>>
Because I realize that I can't do anything by myself and could only acomplish very small feats but yet I am incapable of making friends so I am just stuck here.
>>
>>38162744
Be yourself and make infinite friends
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.