[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone an engineer here? What skills do you need to have to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Anyone an engineer here?
What skills do you need to have to apply for a junior position with an M.Sc in a pure science?
>>
Come on guys. pls help me out here
>>
>>38154481
>Come on guys. pls help me out here
If you have a master's in physics or math it's probably fine
Worst that can happen is they say no
>>
File: grandpa.jpg (61KB, 670x375px) Image search: [Google]
grandpa.jpg
61KB, 670x375px
>>38154253
>Son, all those fancy pieces of paper are nice, but it couldn't hurt to just walk in there, speak with the manager, give him a firm handshake, and tell him you want the job."
>>
File: 1416264292639.png (368KB, 545x477px) Image search: [Google]
1416264292639.png
368KB, 545x477px
I dropped out after three years, not having passed half of my first years classes. Too lazy and stupid.
Staying up all night playing vidya and browsing 4chan was rad, though. And uni is cheap in my country so no debt.
>>
>>38154253
Engineer of what? Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Biomedical, Chemical? And what pure science?

The answer is probably lolno.
>>
>>38155564
I feel like you need some applied knowledge, like simulations or modeling or something. Something I can learn in 9 months to have some marketable skill.
>>
>>38155768
Physics so mechanical or electrical is probably the closest to what i studied.

>The answer is probably lolno
to what question?
>>
/brit/bongo Engineer here.

MSc prob just prior interest, universities in the UK just want money because they're full of Jews...

Working is easy, lots of business trips, lots of meetings, lots of red tape.

Decent wage.
Better than most jobs.
(I R&D for the automotive industry)

7/10
>>
>>38154253
if you don't have interships, forget it. if you didn't get a job offer from said intership, forget it. if you don't have family or friends willing to help you get a job, forget it.

your grades mean jack shit. your degree means jack shit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
>>
>>38155836
When you just started, what were you doing? How much of that was something you learned in uni?
>>
>>38155851
This is bullshit though. Almost every physics student ends up with a job. There is a reason it's the same story being passed around for years.
>>
>>38155826
Electrical/Computer engineering isn't much like pure physics at all, it's a lot simpler. But you do need to be a capable programmer.

>to what question?
Your implicit question "can I get a job?"
>>
>>38155851
THIS.

>>38155872
I started in accessories when I was 20 as a paid intern.

Done well, developed a few bits and bobs, roof boxes, Mats, etc...

Basically nothing I've learned at uni apart from presentation skills. Genuinely, the rest I learned myself out of uni, as I done a lot of car shit from an early age.

A degree is just a piece of paper at the end of the day.

You need that piece of paper though... :/
>>
>>38155901
>>38155941
Alright then, i guess fuck my life.
>>
File: muldivunit_harddesc.jpg (757KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
muldivunit_harddesc.jpg
757KB, 2016x1512px
>>38156002
You can always go back to school.
>>
>>38156089
I dont have money or time to fuck around for another 3 years.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.