[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I-I-I'm s-saving u-up for r-retirement, y-you'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1499187715331.png (326KB, 682x533px) Image search: [Google]
1499187715331.png
326KB, 682x533px
>I-I-I'm s-saving u-up for r-retirement, y-you'll see who gets t-the l-last laugh
>>
>>38150073
nice post bro. Still, nobody is NEET by choice though, only by failure.
>>
>>38150107
>nobody is NEET by choice
Wrong. Done that for years and when I am out of education I will gladly get comfy again.
>>
File: 1495628154701.png (236KB, 356x384px) Image search: [Google]
1495628154701.png
236KB, 356x384px
>today I found out about fake jobs in Europe
>fake companies selling fake products to fake customers, taking loans from fake banks, and following fake government regulations
>fake employees getting fake promotions into fake managerial positions within the fake company structure
>so they can get a fake paycheck
>there are people who are SO wagecucked that they will pretend to go to work when they're unemployed
This shit is honestly fascinating, I can't believe this is something that people willingly choose to do. How empty and pathetic does your life have to be that you need to fill it with work when you're not even getting paid?
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/31/business/international/in-europe-fake-jobs-can-have-real-benefits.html
>>
>>38150073
Somebody explain the bottom part of that to me pls
>>
>not making $150k/year but only spending $30k fit so you can retire at 40
plebs

tech industry is fucken based
>>
>>38150203
perception of time is logarithmic, therefore enjoying your life at a younger NEET age is far superior than slaving away and retiring at the tail end of your life
>>
>>38150203
It shows the subjective perception of time as you grow older. When you're young, each day makes up a larger percentage of your total lifespan, so you perceive days as being longer. So as you continue to age your perception of time will speed up exponentially. For example at some point when you're older, you will perceive a month as being the same amount of time you current perceive a day as.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>38150073
This is one of the funniest things wagies and EETcucks in general say.
>>
This is exactly why MMM and ERE are so popular. You need to get out of the wageslave mode ASAP.
>>
>>38150073

>first five years of your life
>that much

I recall almost nothing from that time period
>>
>mfw I'm officially in the "rest of your life" period
It hurts just a little bit
>>
>>38150073
I'm retiring by the time I'm 35.
By then, I'll have enough passive income to travel the world, while you'll still be sitting in your mother's basement.
>>
this is not entirely true. Time is not just getting faster because we are older, but also world is much more complex today than 50 years ago. Social engineering and globalization insanity of progress and growth has contributed to the perception to speeding of time.
>>
>>38151572
>vegetate on social media/imageboards
>24 hours per day of time off isnt enough
>internet goes off for a few days
>suddenly productive, room is clean, reading books, learning things, talking to family
>only full family meeting was the last time net was off
>>
>>38150073
If you're a neet you're failure, I have nothing against people with jobs but these type of people that put so much effort into some career and all for what? I guess that's their dream life, but I don't get it
You'll die bro, you better try and accomplish what you want and never give up because this is one life you get and to spend your life being miserable with a job you hate is bullshit
>>
>>38151660
It is always a pleasure to have the opportunity to dismiss such incoherent and unintelligible babble that disgorges from your anal sphincter placed on your face that you claim to be a mouth.

Please, for your own well being go back to your rat race and leave me be.
>>
File: 1498933784712.png (2MB, 1686x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1498933784712.png
2MB, 1686x1944px
>>38151660
what if i have nothing i want to accomplish, i just want to die, really hate being alive. i hated being a wagecuck and i hate being a neet now, its all shit no matter what you do lads. youll never escape.
>>
>>38151768
i think he was agreeing with being a NEET, dude. He sounds like english isn't his second language, but he's definately mocking wagies with that post lol.
>>
>>38150915
wtf are those

early retirement?
>>
>>38150073
>the rest of your life
>halfway through
holy shit fuck this pepe and fucck you OP.. I hate this so much
>>
>>38150353
>as you continue to age your perception of time will speed up exponentially

This tends to apply more if you are caught in a routine, doing the same things over and over again; working the same job, playing the same games, etc.

If you break things up by introducing a bunch of novel experiences, you can regain that child like sense of time.
>>
>>38152122
>you can regain that child like sense of time
no you can't
>>
File: Wellmemed_edit.jpg (49KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
Wellmemed_edit.jpg
49KB, 300x382px
>>38150073
>mfw I could retire at any time, at age 37
>>
>>38150073
Time speeds up dramatically if you are in a familiar environment e.g sat at computer in basement. Whereas the changing environment of a working life allows time to be slowed down when working and when relaxing as the environments are different throughout the day. I would much prefer to live this way.
>>
>>38152161
why are you making stuff up along with >>38152122 ?

it's simple math. your perception of time gets much much faster. want to know why a 5 year old thinks that a year is a long time? because that is 1/2 20% of their whole life. in their imagination a year is a long time. Me on the other hand have not been laid in 5 years and I can remember 5 years before I was laid and 10 years before that.... this is how time works
>>
>>38150328
>>38150353

Citations needed, no pseudoscience allowed
>>
>>38152211
**mean to say 1/5 = 20% obviously
>>
>>38152211
I am not denying that, I am stating that the time your perceive in that period is also affected by other factors.
>>
>>38152319
but that's wrong. you don't slow down time or change your perception of time. Time changes your perception for you as it goes on and on.. and it goes quicker not slower.
>>
Is anyone going to post proof of the bullshit psychology that's getting thrown around here

t. pysch student
>>
>>38151397

what do you do?

asdasdoreignal
>>
>>38152444
how is that meme degree working for you? have you realized that it all basically comes down to power dynamics and sex? all we want is to fuck our dads or moms or whatever

t. guy with a slightly less meme-y degree that gets associated with psych nerds
>>
>>38152508
Your thinking of meme psychology. Real psychology is drowning rats and electrocuting monkeys. Or at least something like evaluating human perception of a graded slope without visual input(making them stand on a sloped structure and guess how many degrees angle). Only faggots care about mental illness and personality.
>>
>>38152582
so you are hoping to do what? get into chemical engineering or pharmaceuticals ?
>>
>>38152614
There are no real jobs in pure psychology. Just run experiments and hope enough get published so you keep getting grants and stay employed at the university.
>>
>>38151397
I wish I had been smarter with my choices or I'd be retiring by 35 too. I didn't get a real job until I turned 28 so my target date is 40th birthday.
>>
>>38152715
still better then most normies who fuck up so much in just not making decisions they are forced to retire at 60 and impoverished
t. a britbong
>>
>>38150915
Why are these sites not in the sticky yet??
>>
>>38152661
well I guess that isn't the worst plan if you can find a nice university to work for. I have a buddy who did cognitive science for major but is ultimately working towards AI biomedical engineering type shit and he is one of those dudes who is really book smart or whatever but is just goofy as hell in all other areas of life.
He has to be about 100k in student debt by now and has never had a real job but he thinks that someone is just going to give him and his older brother a lab.. I ask where is this funding coming from?? and he's like "don't worry about that"
>>
>>38152241

What don't you get? At 5 years old a year is a fifth of your life, at 30 a thirtieth. Why do you think the school year took ages in elementary, but was relatively quick in high school?
>>
>>38153073
The man wanted citations though if you're going to peddle that concept as fact and not as opinion. Otherwise it's just dickwaving and throwing opinions at each other.

While the passage of time is not deemed to be as long a percentage of your life at older ages, it does not stop a person from perceiving each individual day as just that, a day. The big difference is actually perspective, and you will appreciate each day more if you are not living without perspective. In this respect, each day means much more when there is context than if you simply exist without as many defining experiences that have shaped you.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.