[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what a point does it become necessary to be violent, perhaps

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: time-to-take-your-temperature.jpg (170KB, 1199x663px) Image search: [Google]
time-to-take-your-temperature.jpg
170KB, 1199x663px
At what a point does it become necessary to be violent, perhaps fatally so, to people you hate or disagree with?

The amount of political turmoil in this country is starting to make me think that people are going to resort to those kind of extremes in the coming few years (I live in Portland). No matter the politics, a growing number of individuals I personally know have expressed, or hinted at, not only the desire to be more violent with whom they deem as "the other side," but also the idea that they don't have a choice anymore; even a few friends of mine I least expected this from. It seems that I'm one of the few here, if not only person, who refuses to resort to that kind of shit. Which is also made all the more disconcerting when you take into consideration how politically motivated acts of violence here in Portland have started pick up steam throughout 2017 (local news outlets should have more info. than larger stations).

What the fuck, man?
>>
>>38149691
Debate is a substitute for violence, but it only works when you share the same set of fundamental values. When two groups of people in the same location do not share the same values, debate is impossible and they'll eventually kill each other until only one set of values remains.
>>
>>38149691
Violence is only necessary when it is propagated against you. Right now, 99% of politics isn't threatening any violence on anyone else whatsoever.

If I lived in Portland, though, I sure as hell would carry a knife or something to fend of antifaggots
>>
I honestly think the US needs to split up. The cultural differences between the cities/suburbs and the rural areas are too large. We're basically just sick of each other at this point
>>
>>38149804
Why should we give them an inch?
>>
>>38149691
I would strongly suggest sorting yourself out and spending the next 40 years of your life educating yourself in the classical humanities and history as thoroughly as you can, and then speak as truthfully as you can about what you learned about how we should live in the world, and only when you face real legal prosecution for doing so is violence appropriate.
>>
>>38149816
Who, the cities, or the rural people? The cities are the ones subsidizing the rest of the country with tax dollars. I hate antifa but I also hate ignorant rural people who impose their shitty way of life on everyone else. I've lived in cities in republican states my whole life and it sucks. It doesn't make sense for a bunch of people living completely different lives hundreds of miles away to determine the laws of where I live
>>
>>38149850
>Who, the cities, or the rural people?
The Jews and their enablers.
>>
>>38149797
If only antifa were truly anti-faggots.
>>
>>38149797
>If I lived in Portland, though, I sure as hell would carry a knife or something to fend of antifaggots
Here in Portland, you're going to need defense against both antifa and the alt-right, as they're both going at each other's throats at this point (literally in one case).
>>
>>38149691
i'm 6'4 240 pounds so i'm not afraid of violence and can say whatever i want to anyone and get away with it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.