/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When you're so poor that buying shitty food from McDonald's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (43KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 480x480px
>When you're so poor that buying shitty food from McDonald's is considered a luxury

What's a really cheap place to buy food?
>>
>>38148889
The earth. You buy food with work and time.
>>
>>38148889

I dont eat fast food anymore, but dominos was always the way to go.

Shit pizza, but $5 a pop. Honestly prettt cheap for the calories.

America is probably cheaprr still desu.
>>
>>38148889
Farmers Market. Buy beans, lentils, rice. Learn to cook.
>>
Little Caesar is closed forever in my area
>>
Since you're poor there are probably plenty of Mercados nearby. Go there, don't hassle the old Mexican grandmas, and buy their cheap food.
Beans, rice, onions, garlic, canola oil and the cheapest chilies of the season- all fairly cheap, all with a low rate of spoilage, easy to cook, fairly tasty.
>>
>>38148945
>$5 a pop
5$ for me have to last 4 days food wise
>>
If you are poor OP its time to accept that eating daily is a luxury. You goal should be to eat as many calories as possible whenever you can and rely on your bodies ability to starve to get you through tough times.

Basically eat every second or third day.
>>
>>38150017
>eating daily is a luxury

This is BS. Rice and all sorts of other crap is hella cheap.
Chiken meat is too.

It comes down to gluttony desu.
>>
>>38148889
Honestly? The grocery store.
Look for canned stuff (chilli, tuna, some soups, beans, etc), veggies, the bread they break in the store's bakery (not the name brand stuff), dried pasta and pasta sauce, whatever.
I actually used to play a game to see how many days I could feed myself w $20 USD. I got up too seven days.
>>
Fast food is not the answer.

I can buy a good bit of vegetables, potatoes and a full chicken for around 6 euro,maybe 7. I can get three to four dinners out of that.

An extra value meal is like 6.80 or something
>>
>>38148889
use these sparingly as it's not really healthy: instant ramen, 2 cans chef boyardee(900 calories for $3), cream cheese and bread, and spaghetti. hope you get a job or whatever you need.
>>
You can buy sacks of staple foods for very cheap. Rice, beans, potatoes. Also noodles but can't buy them in bulk like that. Buying anything prepackaged/precooked/prepared whatever is always a rip off compared to making it yourself. You can also get a fuck load of flour and learn to make bread and whatever.

When all these people say that minimum wage and food stamps isn't enough to live off of, it's because they're spending way too much on both of them.

Also actually look at sales papers and what not for your grocery stores. They have sales that are actually good deals just to get people into the store to shop there, the key is to only buy the stuff on sale. When I was broke I went to 3 different stores every week or biweekly to buy groceries because one had cheap produce, one had very cheap store brand boxes of pasta and milk, and another had cheap miscellaneous things like salt and spices. And i basically I lived off 2 meals a day, cereal/oatmeal + fruit and then pasta + veggies for ~2 dollars a day, maybe a bit less.
>>
>>38150053
>le rice and chickens meme

This isn't Cambodia you fucking yellow money. Rice is fucking weird and only manlet gooks eat that shit.
>>
Aldos
>>
>>38150134
>This isn't Cambodia you fucking yellow money. Rice is fucking weird and only manlet gooks eat that shit.
It sure beats starving to death
>>
A L D I
L
D
I
>>
Panera Bread is actually pretty nice. It's like one step up from being fast food while still being fast food.
>>
ShopIift protein bars
>>
>>38150134
Then buy cornmeal if you're too mad about rice.
Cornmeal, huge block o' generic cheddar, canned jalapenos- tasty baked grits whenever you want.
>>
Rice and oats cooked in water
Frozen things
Canned things
>>
>>38149888
>nearby Mercados
Checked. Or if you are feeling auspicious you can visit the nearby chao-shi for all your discount rice and bok choi needs.
>>
>>38150134
Are you having a laugh? Rice is a fantastic poverty food, its cheap, fills you up and goes with just about anything.
>>
>>38149801
be thankful, because little ceasars is garbage
>>
>>38150274
>implying slants won't put your ass through the wringer.
I won't even buy gasoline from those tricky bastards anymore, almost always watered down.
>>
POTATOES
O
T
A
T
O
E
S
>>
Aldi, cheapest supermarket on the face of this earth
>>
>>38150053
Oats, eggs, peanut butter, bread, soup.
>>
>>38150342
aldi is top tier. their imported chocolate can't be beat by any other American store. patrician taste m8
>>
>>38148889

What are you a neet?
If youre unemployed get food stamps and go to the food bank.
If youre barely making income you will still qualify for both.
Its cheaper to buy low quality groceries than to eat out all week. A 2$ bag of rice and 5$ pack of chicken can feed you several meals vs. one big burger from McDiabetus.
Stop eating out, its expensive.
If you're really hurting, check the dollar store. Youd be surprised how big their food selection is
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.