[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't robots Buddhists yet? It seems like robots are

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: temp.png (487KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
487KB, 1000x600px
Why aren't robots Buddhists yet?
It seems like robots are the exact type of person to benefit from Buddhism more than anyone else.

Robots are sex deprived. They have a huge habit of jerking off and are never satisfied, being constantly tormented by lust and feeling a feel when faced with rejection. This is a prime example of how, in Buddhism, the four noble truths become relevant, which are, in order: All life is suffering, all suffering is caused by desire, the way to end suffering is to stop desire, the way to end desire is to follow the eight fold path. (Eight prescriptions for living given by The Buddha.) Robots should practice the right mindfulness part of the eight fold path especially, as a huge part of it is realizing that all of our satisfactions like food, sex, and sleep are completely temporary, and that the more we have the more we want.

Robots are often swindled by society and realize this. Being unemployed or unable to purchase anything or have any real life beyond either working if they do eventually slave away for a job, or just being depressed and watching animu. Normalfags are never welcoming of robots which creates an "us versus them" mentality. But in Buddhism, on the eight fold path, right concentration is sited as being the instructions to clear the mind through meditation, not only to kill all desires, but to focus and become productive. Keep in mind though, when having a job or general role to play in society your practicing right livelihood (Having an occupation that is moral, not working in a brothel, distributing drugs, taking part in environmental destruction, etc.).

If a robot wants to become non-antisocial he should practice right speech and right action in relation to others. You must not only hand out compliments but help others through their troubles and help to understand each other. Right action states that you should do whatever you can to help others, like give t charity or other compassionate exercises. Become a Buddhist.
>>
>tfw no qt buddhist gf
>>
File: beniceman.png (291KB, 813x484px) Image search: [Google]
beniceman.png
291KB, 813x484px
>>38143415
YOU DON'T NEED A GF THAT WAS PART OF THE POINT
>>
I've been Buddhist for over a year and I've never felt happier or been in a better place with myself despite the actual negative events in my life. I wish more robots would open themselves up to the idea of becoming buddhist, it can be intimidating to start, but research and finding a community really helps. My favorite modern Buddhism books are written by Lodro Rinzler. The first book I read was Walk Like a Buddha by him, and it made becoming buddhist seem way more approachable and doable.
Starting can still be intimidating though, so if any beginning Buddhist wants to reach out and speak about it, I'd be down to listen and help. I'm still a beginner myself, but Im here regardless
discord: hnnhmrry #6655
>>
>>38143568
If you're happy then you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>38143568

Go to sleep hannah
>>
>>38143591
>>38143586
Why are you saying these things?
Whatever the reason is it's not a good one.
>>
>>38143586
happier does not equal happy. he's reached a level you can't even fathom.
>>
File: IMG_2715.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2715.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>38143382
Life is pain
Birth is pain
Death is pain
>>
>>38143586
once youre able to give up suffering, you should be able to be happy. happiness and desire can be separated, and love is still possible. becoming buddhist doesn't mean becoming void of any emotion, its just learning to handle them
>>
>>38143630
Buddhism is about transcending all feeling and then ceasing to exist. You can't remove yourself from the cycle until you remove all feels.
>>
>>38143796
that's a very radical view of it, but if that's how you consider yourself at your best, then you should continue to seek enlightenment in that way. but there's no one absolute way to buddhism, and exposing yourself to different methods and practices can help you learn more about yourself
>>
>>38143382
I'm not perfect so how could I do the right thing?

Buddhism,capitalism, hell anything it all premises itself on the notion you're not a fuckwit who can achieve the goal it presents.
>>
File: 190px-Eckhhart_Tolle_front.jpg (16KB, 190x287px) Image search: [Google]
190px-Eckhhart_Tolle_front.jpg
16KB, 190x287px
>>38143382
I love this german man.

He extracts all the useful stuff from buddhism and dumps the rest.

And the only useful part is "being in the present".
>>
File: 1433867451759.jpg (97KB, 640x821px) Image search: [Google]
1433867451759.jpg
97KB, 640x821px
>>38143382
This is a great post. I try to live this way to be honest. The idea I really love is that by causing someone to suffer, you visit suffering on yourself. But I still absolutely ADORE smoking pot and jacking off to be right and truly honest with you family....
>>
File: R4H3HX8.jpg (53KB, 960x735px) Image search: [Google]
R4H3HX8.jpg
53KB, 960x735px
>>38143568
What do you think of Ajarn Brahm?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.