[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got hired as a Manager at Mcdonalds. Anyone willing to give me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1484166867595.jpg (71KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484166867595.jpg
71KB, 480x360px
Got hired as a Manager at Mcdonalds. Anyone willing to give me some advice on how I might succeed at this gig?
>>
>>38137143
Don't be an asshole. Try to be fair. Be friendly with your coworkers but make sure they know who's boss. Be on-time...bla bla bla
>>
try to find an aesthetic you can delude yourself into thinking you fulfill
>>
>>38137185
Have you worked at fast-food? How long did it take for you to get the hang of things?
>>
>>38137215
I have and it didn't take long. Just pay attention to your trainer and learn how to do everything properly. You don't want to be a manager that doesn't know how to do minimum wage duties. Be mindful and friendly and you'll be fine
>>
Dress, dress, dress. Appearance is everything, show that you are the manager with the douchiest/uptight clothing but a genuine smile.

Be kind, but do not, under any circumstances, become "friends" with your employees
>>
>>38137143
don't rush things.
>>
>>38137205
What do you mean by "aesthetic"? This isn't modelling.
>>
>>38137143
>as a Manager
You misspelled team member slave. If you were a manager you'd have experience and wouldn't have to ask /r9k/ for service on how to work at a fucking McDonald's
Get back on that drive-thru, boy
Hungry niggers are waiting
>>
>>38137290
everything has an aesthetic life is an exercise in aesthetics
>>
>>38137257
Thanks. I'll be starting out as a Crew person but I'm being groomed for the long-term swing manager position and shall be promoted after training and performance review.

>>38137266
From what I know we are required to wear the uniforms as well. Or does it vary depending upon the Mcdonald's?

>>38137278
Hmm.... concise but sound guidance. I'll definitely keep it in mind.
>>
>>38137143
Tip - People make mistakes and that is okay, show them how with kindness.
>>
>>38137368
What sort of aesthetic would be most suitable for this then?
>>
>>38137355

>Needing experience
>as a Manager

HAHAHAHAA, being a manager is literally doing nothing all and occasionally signing papers.
>>
>>38137355
The job search isn't going well I see.
>>
be nice to your underlings but be the boss too. it's easier to get people to respect you and then make friends than the other way around.

then understand that you're as expendable as they are. always be looking for a better gig.
>>
>>38137394
Just make sure you know how to do everything correctly since you are the one who has to help out your underlings and make sure they're doing what they need to right.

Also pay attention and learn about your coworkers (who has a tendency to come in late, who has kids and who doesn't so you know who is free in case you need to call people in at the last minute, etc)

Also also, be friendly but NEVER be anyone's friend. if you're their best friend, they won't respect you as much and won't listen when you have to tell them what to do.

Anon also made another good point in that people make mistakes all the time and as long as you can correct then then it's fine. People learn, you just have to remind them/show them how it's done correctly. For all you know no one ever showed them the right way to do it
>>
wtf how do you get hired as a manager, everyone I know who is a manager started out as crew.
>>
>>38137266
He has a uniform , managers dont get to wear whatever they want.
>>
>>38137424
One of my core principles would be to never turn into one of those hypercritical scumbag supervisors that you hear about that do nothing but bitch at you. Don't care if I'm fired for not showing enough strictness.
>>
>>38137516

He didn't and anon is not a manager.
I started out as a crew member, then crew trainer after 2 years then a manager spot come available and I got it.

Nobody starts out as a manager, even in corporate owned stores. Now if you transfer to another corporate McDonalds as a manager in a different store and the new store decides to hire you for the opening they have, that could work
>>
>>38137512
Appreciate it man. The friendship aspect of it is going to be a damn minefield I imagine. But hopefully I'll be able to discover that sweet balance which makes a boss charismatic.

>>38137516
See this>>38137394
>>
>>38137561
If you wish you had done something differently about your service, what would it be?
>>
Wagie how about you stop making these shitty threads and get ready to make some cuckbucks. Tick tock, be ready to suck Mr.Jewjew's cock.
>>
File: 1376201861045.jpg (46KB, 469x632px) Image search: [Google]
1376201861045.jpg
46KB, 469x632px
>>38138356
Wo-would y-you like some fries with that sir?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.