[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try weightlifting >can't even bench or squat more

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 1498197359047.jpg (16KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498197359047.jpg
16KB, 500x270px
>try weightlifting
>can't even bench or squat more than 80lbs
>try out deadlifts
>injure my back in the process and can't even squat without numbing back pain

I just want to kill myself. How the fuck do chads lift 100+ pounds on their first workout?
>>
>>38135651
>>can't even bench or squat more than 80lbs

You start with what you and bench.
>>
They started off much lower and worked their way up because they aren't retarded? You've got nobody but yourself to blame for your injury.
>>
>>38135651
Anybody who can lift well their first time has had an active life that developed their muscles already
Unlike us robots who have spent our life sitting in our rooms
Start small and work your way up
>>
>>38135684
fuck off chad to fit
>>
File: 1487993670377.jpg (127KB, 843x604px) Image search: [Google]
1487993670377.jpg
127KB, 843x604px
>do squats
>right knee gets a hot tingling feeling in it, doesn't go away unless I don't do squats for a few weeks
>immediately comes back if I try do squats again
>afraid to do leg days now at risk of injuring knees further

at least I have an excuse, right?
>>
Had a weird stinging pain in my left knee for the last three years. Went away when I started doing heavy low back barbell squats.
>>
>>38135651
Ever heard of a warmup dumbass?
>>
File: 1497932787644.jpg (924KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497932787644.jpg
924KB, 1920x1080px
>>38135651
tried deadlifting first day in the gym, bulge a disc in my back sitll back pain a year later. had to quit working out cause back pain, boy I believe itll heal but jesus i feel like my life is over...
>>
>>38135815
Try hex bar deadlifts. Less stress on the back.
>>
I started recently and only bench 10 pounds
>>
>>38135828
As much as I appreicate your advice, I can not even bench due to the pain. I will start doing that once my back starts to heal. thank you.
>>
>>38135651
Wee chest tomorrow

>tfw no gf to lift with
>>
>>38135651

don't fret, man. If it helps, I'm 19, and I squat just the bar (45 pounds). There are people like me who are more physically inferior than you. To forget about those chads I just drown out the world with my favorite tunes played loudly in my ears. keep doing what you're doing. The only thing that matters is consistency. Keep coming to the gym and don't skip a fucking workout.
>>
>>38135651
You shouldn't be surprsied that you can't lift much at the start.
It gets better anon, just stay at it.
You'll be surprised how fast you can lift heavier.
>>
I tried to start squats at 95lbs and got hurt. It sprung back after a few days because babby weights=babby injury. Then I did a low progression and didn't get hurt anymore. I am a lanklet skellington and still could deadlift 135lbs my first time.I think of deadlifts as upside down squat. Visualization helps avoid injury, or at least I did it and got hurt less after visualizing. Bench press is a meme, I always get pinned and can't get past 135.
>>
>>38135651
sup bro I'm an amateur but lifted started lifting around middle school, in my 30's now.
It's not about how much you can do. Especially if you're just starting. dummy. i had to learn shit all on my own, once i started to really figure stuff out when i'd try something new, start with a low weight. or even no weight, practice it, then start piling on weights do it a few times, add some more weight, ect just keep doing that. don't pick something that "sounds" light or try to compete with people that been doing it longer till you start to get the hang of it.
>>
Nobody benches 80lbs their first time. Especially if you have a really sedentary lifestyle. Just do whatever weight you can do, even if it's just the bar, and work your way up.
>>
File: 1468118746780.jpg (7KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1468118746780.jpg
7KB, 128x128px
is this a bait thread? how stupid can you be lmAo
>>
>>38136464
>>38136498
>>38136630
>>38136716
actually underrated posts, thanks fammys
>>
>>38135651

You idiot. Start with the bar. Find a comfortable squat stance. High bar or low bar try both and see which you prefer.

>>38135740

Describe it a bit more. I squat 4x a week and never felt anything like that. Had some tendonitis in my left knee but that's all fixed now.

>>38135815
Fucking how. How heavy did you go? I think the stronglifts website has a very good wiki for the big 3. Covers a lot of the movements so you don't snap your shit.
>>
>How the fuck do chads lift 100+ pounds on their first workout?
Having physical jobs. I overhead press 120-200lbs on a daily basis in a standing position, and throw around 70lb chains. I normally don't bench due to old sports injuries, but I gave it a go about a year ago and 5x5'd 180lbs. Pectoral fly presses give me a better chest workout.
>>
>>38135651
Anon I had trouble due to knee pain benching even just my bodyweight when I started

Now I bench 160lb and it's easy and fun. You have to start low

Do StrongLifts 5x5 (SL5x5)
>>
>>38137058
EDIT: I meant squat not bench lmfao.
>>
>>38135651
deadlifting is one of the worst exercises to start out big, especially if you don't know how much you can actually lift, and don't have proper form. i fucked up my back like that on my second gym day lul. half a year later, and now it actually feels like it healed. fuck the gym, bench pressing is the only fun exercise anyway.
>>
If you're not a skeleton you should be able to squat 1pl8 ezpz on day one, and bench at least 100 for a 1rm
>>
>knees hurt excruciatingly whenever I try to do a weighted squat
I can never be chad
>>
>>38135651
Chad has been lifting and doing sports since his early teens, it's only normal he never wasted a drop of test.
>>
>try doing pushups
>joints start snapping and fucking up my focus
>wasnt like this last year
Wtf
>>
File: get.png (575KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
get.png
575KB, 800x1066px
>>38135651
FUCKING STOP!!!!

Dude, you were never athletic, they were, while you were in your room doing jack shit, they were outside playing sports. That's how.

Also, I started with less than the bar, I couldn't even squat a fucking bar (20kg), but through following a program (strong lifts 5*5, it's free as an app), I got up to a 60kg over head press, 90kg bench, 135kg squat and 165kg deadlift.

This took me 8 months to do, because I was consistent and ate slightly above my TDEE (200 Calories above it) in order to keep progressing.

You have to slow the fuck down OP. Start with the bar, then follow the app's schedule and weight increases. If you stall or fail to achieve your lifts 3 sessions in a row, then deload 10% and work your way up again.

BUT

For fuck's sake, please, please, please, please, remember to check your form regularly. It's easy to injure yourself, especially when you're new, so for the love of god, make sure your form is good by recording yourself and comparing it to examples from channels like AthleanX, Alan Thrall and Omar Isuf. Or by posting it on the reddit fitness forum, or on /fit/.

Remember that everyone progresses differently, and what takes some 6 months could take you 8 or 9. You should, be able to lift 60kg overhead press, 100kg bench, 140 kg squat and 180kg deadlift, by the end of a full year's lifting though.
(I was close, but I dislocated my shoulder while ice skating so I'm unable to train atm).

Remember to stretch and foam roll on your off days and after every workout. Do dynamic stretches before your workout. Remember to get at least 8 hours of sleep a day as you won't be able to reach you potential otherwise.

If you have any other questions, then read the sticky on /fit/, or watch YouTube tutorials from the channels I previously mentioned.

Pic related are some stretches for your off days.
>>
>>38137764
Knuckle pushups my man. I feel my clavicles pop when I do them shortly after waking, but it just means I didn't warm up enough before starting. Knuckle pushups put the least stress on your joints though. Regular pushups will just inflame the nerves unless you are blessed with good wrist and nerve genetics.
>>
File: get.jpg (116KB, 595x765px) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
116KB, 595x765px
>>38135651
Some dynamic stretches
>>
>>38137842
>>38138049
Did you make these drawings? thanks
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.