[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to start overnights at a local grocery store,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1496179535887.jpg (163KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496179535887.jpg
163KB, 500x500px
I'm about to start overnights at a local grocery store, doing veggie and fruit cuts. I start in about 45 minutes.

What am i in for?
>>
You're going to freeze your ass off, for one. You won't be able to feel your fingers 30 - 45 mins in, because you can't cut with warm gloves on. Then you'll have another 7 1/2 hrs to finish out each shift. Good luck, atleast you won't be a neet anymore.

t. Someone who did cut fruit at Kroger in highschool.
>>
>>38133286
It's the hottest day of the year, so far. Valid point on being cool/cold, though.

Thanks anon
>>
You're gonna hate yourself for a couple of weeks due to the change in your circadian rhythm, is it 8 hour or 12 hour?

if it's 12 may God have mercy on your soul, 8 isn't that bad.
>>
>>38133318
Nah man, unless your grocery store is way different than mine, you'll be stationed cutting fruit/veg inside of a walk-in cooler.

I did it for about 3 years, even in the summertime, they kept that place a brisk 35 - 38 pretty much 100% of the time. They're 10x more worried about their inventory than they are your comfort, so as far as they're concerned, the colder the better.
>>
>>38133361
Technically 9. I'm booked 9pm to 6am, but its 8 hours worked and a dinner break.

I'm usually up until 3:30am anyway, so it wouldn't be a huge change to my rhythm
>>
>>38133487
The cuts room is adjacent to the cooler/freezer, so it's a little cooler than room temperature (so like 18c?). Not as bad as your store, by the sounds of it
>>
>>38133510
it might if you aren't used to falling asleep after sunrise. make sure your room is completely dark and pray you don't have noisy neighbors. i have a hard time falling asleep and third shift is shitty to get used to since everyone's waking up when i'm getting home and making a lot of noise
>>
What are veggie and fruit cuts? Why do you need to cut fruit and vegetables at a super market?
>>
>>38134581
because the businesses make an immense profit from it. They jack the prices of pre-cut fruits and veggies up to 5x what they're worth and people are fucking stupid and buy it.

I worked at a grocery store that would prepackage their own corn. You'd get 5 ears of corn, neatly trimmed and peeled, for $3.99. At the same exact time they'd have loose, untrimmed corn on sale, 10 ears for $2.00.
The prepackaged shit still flew off the shelves.
People are fucking dumb.
>>
>>38134692
Where I live they don't precut the fruit and vegetables. Is this an american thing? What else do they cut?
>>
>>38134805
Boys penises, anon
>>
File: 1492842741971.jpg (30KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
1492842741971.jpg
30KB, 500x308px
>>38134805

Foreskin

OREGANO COMMENT NO MUTE PLS
>>
>>38134805
people are wealthy here in the states and gladly pay money for pre-cut produce because it saves them time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.