[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My psychiatrist suggest me to read "Saying yes to life"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: frankl.jpg (495KB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
frankl.jpg
495KB, 1000x1100px
My psychiatrist suggest me to read "Saying yes to life" by Viktor Frankl. The book is full of, what I thought was normie advice, like live for the sake of love, or live because you are responsible for yourself, but then I realized that this kept him sane through 6 months in concentration camp. What a piece of shit I am, for judging people for being "normies", thinking that I am some way superior, but there is nothing I am better at. I don't think I deserve living...
>>
>>38130591
If you lived through a concentration camp and still believe life, humanity, and civilization are worth trying to perpetuate; you're one sick son of a bitch
>>
>>38131463
He was one weird human being indeed. But his will to live was insane, they destroyed his country, killed his wife, he was beaten and was starving and still wanted to live. If I could wish for one thing, it would probably now be his will to live, he found sense in all the killings, death and war
>>
Reading about the history of humanity, the level of barbarity, depravity and violence is astounding. That's actually pretty rare in the modern world 21st, yet levels of depression and anxiety keep climbing.

I think actually humans are wired to live on the edge, in violent, desperate situations, barely hanging on to survival. That makes us feel alive and engaged with the world around us. It makes us fight. We've lost that, but it would be insane to throw away all out material progress. Perhaps one day we'll lose it, and we'll return to our natural state.
>>
>>38130591
Holocaust didn't happen. Proof the kike is still living. Also why are you reading what some kike days they are all lying shits.
>>
>>38131774
>I think actually humans are wired to live on the edge, in violent, desperate situations, barely hanging on to survival.
Fuck that. I'll take my "unnatural" state any day of the week. Just because we're struggling to overcome the new challenges of a modern way of life doesn't mean we should go back to getting fucked by the old ones. They were far worse. You'd stop romanticizing them after about two seconds of actually dealing with even a small degree of barbarism.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.