[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to go sign up to the gym right now. I am fucking panicking,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4659.jpg (107KB, 1040x780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4659.jpg
107KB, 1040x780px
I am going to go sign up to the gym right now. I am fucking panicking, what do I do
>>
Why not stay home and do comfy body weight exercises without being surrounded by buff gym Chads?
>>
Why? You are going to die anyway? Why bother with this shit? I hoped you can be happy
>>
Which gym and are you trying to lose weight, gain muscle or what?
>>
>>38124080
this, no reason to go to the gym when you're a beginner, you'll just lose confidence and probably get bullied by roid niggers

just buy a door mount pullup bar and do bodyweight exercises
>>
>>38124053
I just got back from the gym anon. I've been going for just a couple of weeks and I am still so shockingly, horrifyingly weak but that's okay. I'll improve. And it's such a good feeling to know you're taking control of your life and your body, exerting yourself and watching as the world quantifiably changes in response your will and desire. Nothing in my life makes me feel as tired and sore afterwards but it's a good pain. Evidence that you've done something worthwhile.
>>
>>38124053
Just see if a snap fitness is near you. You can sign up online.
>>
>>38124089
I dunno, it's a regular gym? It has a squat rack and all the goodies.

I want to put on some muscle. I was fat and lost it, now I want a bit of muscle
>>
>>38124201
I meant is it a big brand gym like Gold's or LA or some town gym. Sounds like it might be town though which is good as long as it has a bench, squat rack, and free weights. Never go to planet fitness.
>>
>>38124269
Oh yeah it is a small town gym. The guy is pretty ripped and was showing me the cardio bunny area first. I asked if they had free weights and he smiled and told me yeah it's here and showed me the spanking new squat rack. It's pretty nice I think. I browsed fit a bit and think I'm going to do stronglifts. Is it a good idea?
>>
>>38124053
If you don't have any experience with the gym it can be good to have someone show you the machines and weights and create a training plan for you, even if it costs extra.

Usually you will do some full body exercises every two days or so at the start, high reps and mostly using machines, then later you use the weights and mower reps more
>>
>>38124080
>>38124109
>Comfy bodyweight exercises
Implying anything is as comfy as lying on a bench and lifting a solid iron bar.
>Buff gym Chads
>Bullied by roid niggers
Implying they're not friendly and helpful.

Bodyweight has its place but the key to working out is that you need to steadilly increase the resistance so you're always at the very edge of what your body can handle. It's hard to get the gradual progression of resistance when relying on bodyweight exercises.
Convict conditioning is a good pdf if you absolutely can't make it to a gym. Filled with lots of bullshit (so much bullshit) but provides multiple variations to key bodyweight exercises so you can at least somewhat alter the resistance.

>>38124084
>Why? You are going to die anyway?
Why do literally anything? Life is meaningless. You're going to die, everyone you know is going to die and civilisation will turn to dust. But is sitting in front of anime+vidya 24 hours a day really how you want to respond to that?
>>
>>38124302
All of the beginner programs are good, the first month of doing whatever don't focus so much on lifting more weight, focus on having good form. I hurt my arm from a fucked up power clean rep and lower back from fucking up a dead lift rep. It sucks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.