[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here /maladaptivedaydreaming/? It is a condition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Anyone else here /maladaptivedaydreaming/? It is a condition where you spend unhralthy amounts of time daydreaming. Let's talk about it, whether you know or think you have it. Maybe, talk about what kinds of stories or characters you daydream about and how you deal with it.

Personally, I have had trouble with this my whole life and only recently learned this had a a term. I have never gotten myself to write down my stories, until recently. Now, I'm attempting to make a game.
>>
I daydream all the time but MBTI says Im INTP so yeah, I don't think that this is an illness.
>>
>>38119209
I personally don' t think it is an illness but a condition that is usually a symptom for actual mental illnesses.
>>
>>38119181
I am guilty of maladaptive daydreaming. My fantasy world has been built up over the last 15 years and is extremely elaborate. It has it's own set of rules and long standing relationships. I'm super ashamed of it.
>>
File: 1444684636177.jpg (93KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1444684636177.jpg
93KB, 768x1024px
I got coupled with intermittent exotropia, so not only i daydream, but i look like a huge faggotretard while doing it.

School was the worst, i legit had to sleep in class to prevent anyone from noticing it, i couldn't focus no matter what, same thing with listening to music and watching tv, only fast-paced vidya seems to keep it under control, but it's getting worse and worse with time.

Also driving is a living hell, no idea how i got that license, it's either being too sleepy and distant or being forced to keep yourself nervous af, just fucking end it already.
>>
>>38119243
Might as well share it on this anonymous message board, as OP I'll share my world(s).

Usually, I go through a bunch of different ideas before getting side tracked and moving on. I also don't include myself unless it's a sexual fantasy with people I know.

These daydreams include:
>Lovecraftian detective noir featuring a shy semi self insert main detective, comedic relief landlord who sometimes joins him for the thrill and a evil cult that tries to ruin the main detective's life for interfering
>A post apocalyptic road trip adventure featuring a badass guy named Jose Danger who slowly becomes obsessed with revenge featuring a cast of interchangable psychos (I'm working on a game inspired by this concept)
>Some crossover fanfic shit sometimes (I usually imagine fighting games of IPs and think up story modes and movesets, I know its weird)
>Fantasy world that usually incorporates people I know, involves sexual stuff (I've actually tried writing stuff down for this)
>Less realized stuff include superhero universe, Star Trek-inspired universe, and a comedy sitcom
>>
I only daydream if I'm doing something I dont like or listening to someone talk for longer that a few sentences.
>>
>>38119324
I don't have it as bad as you I know I look like a faggot when doing it cause I flail, run around the room, and talk out loud when daydreaming. Worst part is I aleays get triggered to daydreaming when I use media. I'll listen to music and urge to daydream a scene using it or watch a movie review and feel an urge to daydream something inspired by it or a fsmfic of what I wouldve done better.
>>
>>38119583
I'm doing that too in private, i just have to avoid the eye thing while i'm outside, that's all.
>>
>>38119583
I do that with music, too. I have a huge playlist that I skip around for different daydreams. I also make movements and talk. I'm sure my neighbors think I'm schizophrenic.
>>
Aw shit, is this the thread where we share our autistic fantasy worlds? Her we go

>during a magical war that completely annihilates civilization, a dying sorcerer places a time stasis field on his vast personal archive and catapaults it into the far future in the hopes that the knowledge of his people may not be completely lost. Thousands of years later, a gigantic library materializes right in the middle of no man's land between two warring empires reminicent of ancient mesopotamia, as history restarted anew. A team of scholars sent to investigate uncovers the secrets of the library and discovers the destructive power within. A schism erupts between those wishing to use the power to win the war and those wishing to prevent ancient history from repeating itself. Battle over the vast library rages between armies attempting to take control of it and the scholars who harnessed its power for their own purposes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.