[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Some people think that only intellect counts: knowing how

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 700x394px
"Some people think that only intellect counts: knowing how to solve problems, knowing how to get by, knowing how to identify an advantage and seize it. But the functions of intellect are insufficient without courage, love, friendship, compassion, and empathy."

And this is why you did not make it.
>>
>>38117968
Correct if you take away love, compassion, and empathy.
>>
ITT: the musings of butthurt stupid people and their hostilities towards intelligent people
>>
>implying /r9k/ posters are intelligent
>>
>>38118004
Truly intelligent people don't call themselves 'intelligent'. Little boys who claim they're "intellectuals" on their degenerate online dating profiles are so extremely cringey.
>>
"Some people think that only intellect counts: knowing how to solve problems, knowing how to get by, knowing how to identify an advantage and seize it. But the functions of intellect are insufficient without cunningness, resourcefulness, connections and egoism."

Here, fixed ya.
>>
>>38118016
fuck, i forgot to type
>inb4 if you were actually intelligent

either way, i'm not even claiming anything, but this thread is definitely musings of butthurt stupid people and their hostilities towards intelligent people, just calling a spade a spade.
>>
>>38117968
>friendship
>compassion
>empathy

"If you're not helping me and looking out for me, you're not successful"

Typical normie train of thought. Sociopathic chads prove you wrong.
>>
>>38118004
>thinking intellect matters
>>
It's the main reason why MIT Autists are left in the dust. They aren't good human beings - just walking calculators.
>>
>>38118004
Don't be foolish, anon. I am quite an intelligent person logically, but I also understand that emotional intelligence is important and I can admit it's a terrible weak spot for me. I have not cultivated my emotions but suppressed them. It was a mistake yet a means of survival on my part. The quote doesn't imply emotions are more important than rationality, but that they are both important.
We can put our hands over our ears and scream that we don't care about our emotional retardation all day and maybe often we don't, but you can't tell me you never once felt pain realizing you feel alienated from your lack of humanity.
>>
>>38118078
Intellect matters. Not in the questions like "How can I solve this differential equation", but rather in "How can I undermine the competitor company stealthy and acquire it for cheap". Although solving differential equations helps either, just not being the cornerstone of success.
>>
>>38118131
Okay. Nobody will miss you when you're dead.

Your tomb will gather dust.
>>
>>38118016
Case in point: all the high school dropout NEETs on /r9k/ who did an online meme IQ test and spouting their result everywhere.
>>
Math smarts =/= Life smarts
>>
>>38118142
> implying I would feel anything after death
Go reread Christmas Carol if that would soothe your hurt feelings.
>>
>>38118098
Richard Stallman is probably the best human being alive.
>>
>>38118860
Of course you'd say that. Please kill yourself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.