[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I overcome soda/energy drink addiction? Now I know what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

How do I overcome soda/energy drink addiction? Now I know what you are already thinking "lmao soda addiction just stop retard". It isn't very simple. I've tried multiple times over years to kick the habit of binge drinking soda/energy drink as an anti depressant of sorts. I have been a NEET with aspergers since I was 16 yrs old and I am now 27. Even though I currently weigh about 135 kg or 300+ pounds, you'll be surprised when I tell you I barely eat anything if at all. I have steadily gained weight over the course of years simply because I drink very sugar loaded drinks constantly and barely eat. This has had a huge negative effect on my physical health (obviously). The hardest part for me is kicking the habit for good which is my ultimate goal of losing the weight I've gained all these years of being very indoors inactive and bingeing.

Anyone got any places or resources I can read to try get help or advice for kicking the habit for good? Normally this is how it goes for me

>Want to kick habit
>stop the soda/energy drink
>usually last barely 1-2 days drinking water
>feel so sick and depressed I go back to the bad drinks that still make me sick anyway
>repeat every few months for years

I just want to escape this hell and start to turn myself around.
>>
>>38117543
Think that what you're drinking is literally shit.

Or wash your mouth and then drink it and memorize it so you no longer drink it if your addiction is that severe.

I actually never drank soda that much in my life, but with this psychological method I thought I can prevent this addiction easily, with almost every addiction that can affect me.
Hopefully a B.Sc Psych (robot version) major will do his PhD dissertation of this!
>>
>>38117543
Just go for flavored water or put mio or some shit in seltzer water. It's the carbonization and flavor you're mostly after so just make better choices.
>>
>>38117599
>Or wash your mouth and then drink it and memorize it so you no longer drink it
what did he mean by this?
>>
Start by replacing all those calories from sweet drinks with food; sweet food, if necessary. Then gradually decrease the amount of food you eat until you're about 500 calories below your daily energy needs.

What I'm saying is, don't just cut soda and expect to cruise on the small amount of food you eat now. That way you just compound your sugar withdrawal with starvation, and of course you can't do it because it would take much more willpower than you possess.
>>
The problem is you're trying to quit cold turkey rather than slowly weaning yourself off. Spend a few days recording how much soda you actually, and decrease it by increments. Eventually, you will experience a point where you drink soda only once a week or something like that.

Soda is particularly bad because it's just sugary liquid. It hardly hydrates and it is viewed as liquid candy.
>>
>>38117635
i agree with this post.

i had to kick juice recently. i "kicked" soda because i can't moderate with it, when i open a bottle i have to drink the entire thing.
but i had to kick juice too because it's impossible to lose weight if sugar keeps coming in.

so now i just drink gatorade. one of those fat 12 oz bottles is only 160 calories. it's impossible to get fat off that, you become hydrated before you're able to finish it, one bottle will last me like 3-4 days if i only drink gatorade with meals.

mio is good, but it makes my mouth dry, gotta be the sweeteners.
you also gotta remember those alcohol sweeteners fuck your liver up in high concentrations.
>>
>>38117704
this is also good advice that i practice. being dehydrated makes you feel hungry also.

sweet drinks take zero time for your body to metabolize. at least with food you have a fighting chance.
someone could probably drink 10,000 calories worth of soda in one day if they wanted. try doing that with food.
>>
>>38117543
Water enhancers:
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=energy%20water%20enhancer&typeahead=energy%20water

They come in different sizes and brands. The powered stuff is cheaper but generally just as good.

I know all too well what it's like to be addicted to the sweetness and the antidepressant effect of energy drinks. Caffeine-enhanced flavored water (which is almost always sugar free and contains safer amounts of caffeine) and to a lesser extent, tea, are what helped me kick the habit.
>>
>>38117543
Dawg you gotta get Fit Aid. From whole foods. Totally legit, great taste, tricks your brain into thinking it's caffeine. Also good to recover from Crossfit. I usually masturbate 25 times or so after a good lift so I have to recover.
>>
get some apples grapes that kind of thing for sugar but a little healthier. if you are really getting sick when you quit you might have diabetes or pre-diabetes though you might want to see a dr.
>>
File: 20140411_090249.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20140411_090249.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>38117543
Look up the amount of sugar in your favorite drink, then measure it out and eat it plain

This is horrible for you, but if you LEARN from it it's worth it. Literally eat the entire cup, every spoonful

Do you feel repulsed? You should. This will make you realize.

I personally am disgusted by sugary drinks for this reason
>>
>>38117543
Brush your Teeth before you Drink IT.
>>
h-how about coke zero lads
>>
File: tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg (34KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg
34KB, 480x325px
La Croix is soda suboxone
>>
>>38117543
this post is literally 1000% me
>>
>>38118300
I literally love sugar though and would unironically enjoy eating a cup of it. I literally have to stop myself from eating it when I get bored waiting for my coffee to brew.
>>
>>38117543
Just curious, how are your teeth?
I also drink a lot of soda (but not nearly as much
as you describe yourself to) and practice OCD
levels of oral hygiene, but my teeth are still
yellow as shit.
They look clean, but they're yellow and
thinning over time
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (221KB, 2000x1124px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
221KB, 2000x1124px
>>38118300
i did this but then i bought sugar cubes and started eating those as a snack. i'd have maybe 5 or so a day instead of having 1-2 cokes a day because it's technically healthier. eventually though i missed having a sweet DRINK, but also couldn't kick the sugar cube habit, so now i drink an energy drink and a few sodas per day along with a layer of sugar cubes. fuck man
>>
File: DJT_Headshot_V2_400x400.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DJT_Headshot_V2_400x400.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>make iced coffee with the minimal amount of sugar you can tolerate (1-2 teaspoons hit the spot fine for me)
>smoke cigs or weed
its literally this easy.
>>
One month recovery:

1. Make some sort of record of how much soda you actually consume in a week, then write a small letter to yourself for future purposes, explaining why you want to change, etc.
2. The major thing during the major phase of changing your behaviour is to try to make it as hard as possible to actually get soda. If you buy the soda yourself, make sure you've eaten something decent and you're filled before going up to the supermarket, so you're not as tempted. If you have others' in the house, ask them to help you by making it unavailable to you somehow. If you live alone this step should be easy.
3. Go buy a decent water filter, if you have the money get a half-decent filter attached to your kitchen faucet, but otherwise get a jug or something (cool, filtered water is much easier to drink).
4. Try to make sure you have fresh fruit and a variety of nice herbal teas available to you. If you eat WHOLE fruit (not juiced), with some tea - you'll still generally get somewhat of a spike in energy and feel better, the tea will freshen you up.
5. If you eat a lot of fatty foods like pizza, etc - soda may be tied to that, they go well together because the soda tends to 'cleanse the palette' in a way, and there's a cultural\behavioural association too. If you have just a handful of LOW SUGAR flavoured mineral water for these occasions, it'll help you shift away and eventually quit. Yes, this contradicts my earlier point about making it hard to access - so be careful.
6. Be prepared to nap rather than resort to soda. It'd be better to waste some time sleeping to recover a bit of energy rather than mess up your system.
7. Be prepared for emotional rollercoaster for a few weeks because your body will be all over the place.
8. Try cooking your own 'energy bars', they may not taste as good as soda but they're much better for you. Here's a recipe - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DDK6Sb5ipw
9. Get a better diet.
>>
File: pV664Gt.png (3KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
pV664Gt.png
3KB, 150x150px
>>38117543

get hooked on ice cool ionized filtered water breh.

shits cash
>>
never leave the /sip/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.