[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So do any of you guys read books? I personally think that mostly

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 1491996503809.jpg (113KB, 1029x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1491996503809.jpg
113KB, 1029x1280px
So do any of you guys read books? I personally think that mostly every person that does is a pretentious fuck that thinks they're better than everyone who doesn't.
>>
what are you 12 years old?
Adults read books all the fucking time
grow up
>>
>reading books for fun
C'mon guys, this isn't the 18th century
Everyone who does read for fun is a pretentious fuck because there are objectively
better forms of entertainment.
>>
2/10 bait try harder and also original
>>
>I personally think that mostly every person that does is a pretentious fuck that thinks they're better than everyone who doesn't.
Depends on the person. Anyone who uses the word "literature" to describe a book they like is definitely one of them.
>>
>>38116487
Reading a book on Vietnam, then president Andrew jackson then one about the CIA and its history since its creation.
>>
i read exclusively to discover linguistic tips which will assist me in propagandizing humanity to death

thanks to the most literate generation of humanity in the history of the species, my chances of success are good
>>
>>38116487
I used to read a lot. But the words got harder while the subjects got duller and now I just watch anime all day.
>>
>>38116487
I love books, but never bother to read them because vidya, pronz and movies satisfy all my needs
>>
>>38116487
>>38116530
>>38116554
>>38116566
>>38116568

part time /lit/fag here and this thread is certified REEEEEE
>>
>>38116487
Getting interested into it now, but still gotta focus on math books though so I don't have much time to read long books ;_;
>>
>>38116623
okie dokie artichokie

Not original. Huh.
>>
>>38116623
I bet you say, "literary fiction", faggot.
>>
>>38116487
You sound like an insecure retard.

Also this post reads as a normie post afraid of abnormal.
>>
Uneducated fuck
>>
>>38116487
>im so intelligent and cultured that I read fiction books from hundreds of years ago hahahaha

Unless you read nonfiction solely, fuck off. Even then, you're an autistic pretentious loser who thinks they're better then people who actually enjoy their freetime rather than learning about some obscure topic that's not beneficial at all to your life work or study.
>>
>>38116651
not familiar with that phrase, but if you guys seriously don't have the patience to read a book at this age then you're beyond saving.
>>
File: 1454859665526.gif (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454859665526.gif
11KB, 200x200px
Are there any good robot-tier books? Vidya has started to become an expensive hobby for me. I'm not much of a reader if that helps with a recommendation.
>>
>>38116487
Not being able to touch the wisdom of the past because "I could just never get interested in that"

I know I'm an awful human being and there are plenty of people better than me who've never touched a book, but you'll usually learn a lot more from reading than any other form of media.
>>
>>38116712
Damn man we used to have book recommendations all the time last year. People must have forgot.

Read "notes from underground" you'll appreciate it. It's the rawest wojack book you'll find.

If you just want fun reading pick up the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy.
>>
>>38116623
The only kind of reading I can do is binge read for plot. I forget everything but a skeleton of a summary in a day. Reading carefully is like taking small bites of a cookie, chewing 200 times before swallowing, thinking and feeling the piece turning into gooey, slimy mush mixed with saliva, before sliding down your throat like a load of semen. Disgusting.
>>
>>38116487

I'm reading Ulysses right now, fuck you OP.
>>
>>38116755
Dostoevsky is little much to begin with (for a nocie reader) but Notes is THE robot book.
Great recommendation
>>
>>38116701
>im so intelligent and cultured that i watch anime from a few decades ago hahahaha

unless you watch hentai solely, fuck off. even then, you're an autistic loser who thinks they're better than people who actually advance their thinking rather than obsessing themselves with Japanese culture that's not beneficial at all to your life work or study
>>
>>38116820
Remember that book we use to recommend that was defined as "the book about pepe in real life"? I think the name was "confederacy of dunces"

Just a hilarious book about a 35 year old REEEEing and being enlightened by his own intelligence. But it was clever and fun. And what's best is that he had a gf which feels hilarious in comparison to NFU which is defined as the wojack counterpart.

There was a whole list but I don't have it.
>>
>>38116846
People do not watch hentai to learn about Japanese culture. You cannot learn about Japanese culture from watching hentai.
>>
>>38116900
I know, I'm messing with you. Quit being a little bitch lol
>>
>>38116487
Op, people who read don't jsut think their better than brainlets who don't. They are better.
>>
>>38116880
If someone has it, please post it. I remember seeing an image with the covers, but I didn't bother saving it.
>>
>>38116917
Reading stopped being fun for me when people started treating it as some kind of intellectual pursuit. Reading carefully, reading to learn instead of learning to read, textbook authors trying to make their tomes as dry as possible, all the big words being stuck in philosophical works. Reading became all about seeming smart instead of a way to enjoy stories.
>>
>>38116846
Thanks for agreeing with me. Anime is still autistic as fuck, but even less so than fiction books as at least you are getting audio and video stimulation.
>>
>>38117050
Why are you still responding?
>>
>>38116651
If I'm demonstrating the difference between between literary fiction and popular fiction to an anime-watching, video gaming knuckle-dragger such as the likes of you, then yes, I do say "literary fiction."
>>
>>38117083
I don't feel like insulting people right now and I wanted to say what I had to say about the topic.

I'm going to bed.
>>
>>38116487
>I personally think that mostly every person that does is a pretentious fuck that thinks they're better than everyone who doesn't.

And that's because you can't cope with knowing that you are objectively a lesser being if you don't read.

It's not about being pretentious or thinking you're better, because that's a couple of objective facts that are beside the point, you intellectually deficient subhuman.
>>
>>38116487
I've been reading No Country for Old Men since this morning and I have to say it's pretty good.
>>
>>38117169
>I am a superior intellectual gentlemen, I consume information from the most superior medium, dead trees.

Wow, you really are autistic. No wonder nobody likes pseudo-intellectuals like you. Nobody gives a fuck if you waste your time buying a book and reading some autistic fairytale, or wasting your time buying a book to read some outdated information that can be accessed on the internet .
>>
>>38117232
>nobody likes
>Nobody gives a fuck
You seem to care an awful lot about what other people think--insecure about something? You read like someone still in middleschool that doesn't want to be bullied for being a "nerd," so anyone who reads is a loser that thinks themselves better than everyone.
>>
>>38117232
>Nobody gives a fuck if you waste your time buying a book and reading some autistic fairytale

So what you're really saying is everything you do is for the attention of others, like a pathetic child seeking validation?

Imagine being this undeveloped and insecure AND admitting you don't read! Enjoy your mediocre life, you worthless pleb.
>>
the only time i don't like book readers is if they start going meta about books and why you they're superior than every form of anything and if they bring up a book as a derail in a thread/convo that isn't about books.

otherwise if i see someone read in public, it doesn't cause a reaction.
>>
File: IMG_2435.jpg (106KB, 750x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2435.jpg
106KB, 750x585px
Does this count as reading if I use an audiobook
>>
>>38116487
>will read books every now and then if they're good
>went through half of the dark tower books 2 years ago because a friend let me read them
>haven't read anything but shitposts since
I just read shitposts I still think I'm better than everyone else though
>>
>>38117793
How do you know if a book is good or not if you haven't read it? This is why brainlets should stick to video games and posting meme: give your dumb brain the instant gratification it wants.
>>
>>38118082
>"posting meme"
>calling others brainlets
Learn English you cuck
>>
anyone read "Hackers: Heroes of the Computer Revolution" or Data and Goliath?
>>
Some books don't translate well to other media, like the hitchhikers guide. Every movie has been painful shit but the book still cracks me up.
Plus some stories are too big or weird to get on screen properly, like dune, which is a fucking good read.
Some are just more brutal and hardcore in book form like the warriors which is totally worth reading if you liked the film.
Lots of good reasons to still read books anon.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.