[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it really get better? I'm starting college this fall

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 216.jpg (92KB, 764x938px) Image search: [Google]
216.jpg
92KB, 764x938px
Does it really get better? I'm starting college this fall and I was hoping to get a gf and just lead a normal lifestyle. Then I show up at orientation and realize I still have my same autistic tendencies. How do I change? I don't want life like this anymore
>>
Put yourself in social situations and apply yourself. Social interactions are a give and take. Apply effort.
>>
>>38115971
I'm trying my best but there's always a voice in the back of my head saying that I'll just end up being awkward
>>
No of course not. Maybe a little progress but you can not, CAN NOT change what you are at your core

t. Put myself in social situations for past 3 years
>>
>>38116025
Go balls deep motherfucker. Go in to these shituations with a "fuck it" attitude.you have nothing to loose, and a man with nothing to loose is a man that has everything to gain, and that makes you dangerous to the chads. Do shit, put in effort, lie to yourself if need be, keep spagheti spillage to a minimum, and end up being a social fucking normie.
>>
>>38116064
Sorry m8 but thats utter bullshit. Changing yourself is perfectly achiveable and the fact you didnt manage to do it yet after three years means youre are either not trying hard enough/doing something wrong. If you put enough energy into that shit you will change it.
>>
It will be hard, and it will take years.

But it WILL get better. Focus on making yourself appealing to women (exercise, social practice, fashion sense) and you'll become happier with yourself, even if you don't get a GF.

You'll be fine. You are at the hardest point. Don't give up.
>>
>>38115942

Find some kind of group to join, maybe not the first semester, but eventually...the great thing about college is that you get to start over with people who don't know what a l003er you used to be.

find some kind of club and you will get to do something you're interested in (there are way more, and more interesting and fulfilling groups to join in college than HS, and people are much more mature and less cliquey), and you will find at least some kindred spirits and get to become friends with some.

The thing about college is, the friends you end up becoming the best friends with are not usually the ones you meet right at first, but they will introduce you to somebody who will introduce you to somebody etc... and you will eventually find your 'tribe'.

College is scary and hard and wonderful and the highs will never be higher and the lows will never be lower--but it is literally the time of your life you will spend the rest of your life wishing you could relive.

Take it from an old fart.
>>
>>38116506
This mindset is fuckin rad dude, thanks for the philosophy
>>
>>38117068
Took me years to obtain. Hopefully you'll do faster and better than me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.