[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you have Avoidant Personality Disorder (AvPD)? I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1497670997928.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1497670997928.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
How many of you have Avoidant Personality Disorder (AvPD)? I feel like it would be pretty common among robots.
http://outofthefog.website/personality-disorders-1/2015/12/6/avoidant-personality-disorder-avpd
>>
>>38110275
"you got my phone # you know where to reach me"

sure sounds avoidant to me kek
>>
>>38110275
I have BPD. I wish I had that normie disorder.
>>
>>38110320
bpds can get into normalfag circles much easier than an avpd. You just act more crazy. I can relate to both though
>>
>>38110275
I have schizoid PD, which is a more comfortable version of AvPD.
Doesn't make much difference in real life though. I'm still awkward as fuck.
>>
>>38110275
Well fuck, that describes me way too well.
>>
>>38110320
>>38111933
I have rapid-cycling BPD that I have been struggling with all my life. Never really developed a life because of it. Nobody wants to be around you when people think you're legitimately crazy.

Unfortunately, I also have some comorbid disorders as well such as OCD, some schizoidal symptoms, substance abuse problems, etc. Never been diagnosed with APD, but it does describe my behavior for years to a T.

On the bright side, I don't have the intense (social) anxiety and major depression that I used to have when I was a little kid. I think my depression and anxiety were so bad when I was little that I started to dissociate to cope, and I went in and out of dissociations until recently when I started taking a mood stabilizer.

I feel like I missed out on my life though, that it was taken from me for no reason when I should have had a normal life.
>>
>>38113025
bpd typically means borderline which was what I thought you meant.
>>
>>38111933
I was mostly kidding, but I think I can relate to what it would be like to have AvPD since I avoid people and I'm crazy. It sucks being so mentally ill
>>38113025
What do you mean by APD, AvPD? I relate a lot. I can't really function normally or live a normal life at all, have substance abuse problems, comorbid disorders. I remember things getting bad even when I was really little. I think I disassociate strongly too..Feels like I'm missing out, can't manage to change, etc.
>>38113106
I think it always means borderline unless it's used wrong, at least I meant borderline in my post >>38110320. Acronyms are used for personality disorders and not often other things like bipolar disorder.
>>
>>38113025
I can't remember much of my life either because BPD fucks your memory up.

I thought all this psych stuff was bullshit for many years, up until the past year in fact. I thought the idea of rapid-cycling BPD was dumb because it sounded like cycles in mood that everyone experiences. But when I actually looked up the symptoms, I realized that I did indeed have textbook BPD 2 with rapid cycling. I was unlucky enough to get the rapid cycling with my BPD.
>>
>>38113106
Oh, whoops. I meant bipolar. I hear they're similar though.
>>
I wish you all BPD and Bipolar anons the best
I know you will find happiness, with little self control and treatment you will find someone to make extremely happy.
>>
>>38113490
I'll never learn self-control or manage to get treatment, but I appreciate the sentiment. I hope some day you're right and things are okay. I just wish I had friends and didn't push everyone away.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.