[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone complains about not being happy, but have you ever asked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Everyone complains about not being happy, but have you ever asked yourself why would you deserve to be happy?
>>
>>38105932
are those really Bape Superstars?
>>
File: 1491796674653.jpg (125KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1491796674653.jpg
125KB, 894x894px
>>38105932
Super relevant OP
Nobody deserves happiness or joy or even fucking love.
But it can be earned, everything ever worth something must be earned through sacrifice and persistence.
Remember robats everything that is "Given" has no value.
>>
>>38105932
"Deserving" isn't real dumbass, it's a fucking fairytale
>>
>>38105932
Hey retard, the default position is that you deserve to be happy. The question should be, why do you deserve to be unhappy?
>>
File: 1491605854269.gif (2MB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491605854269.gif
2MB, 269x200px
>>38105932
I think the real question is, why is everyone unhappy? Why do people choose to adhere to thing things that make them unhappy instead of trying to find another way?
>>
>>38106090
Deserving IS real moron, as real as time! Yes both concepts made by man but both 100% real, go get a real education at a real school!
>>
>>38106169
No it's not.

The default position is you die of exposure hours after birth.

Somebody had to take a positive action to make that not happen.

The default position is that you starve to death.

Either you, or someone else, has to take a positive action to make that not happen.
>>
>>38106305
>What are maternal instincts and the innate desire to care for young. Not necessarily deserve, but those are not the default.
>>
Irrelevant. Good things happen to bad people and vice versa. It doesn't matter what you "deserve".
>>
>>38106372
What makes a person 'bad' or 'good'? How much goodness or badness do you have to do to get into either side?
>>
>>38106240
And both are utterly useless and irrelevant unless you want to give them any relevance.
>>
>>38105932
>>38106067
>>38106090
>>38106169
>>38106240
>>38106305
>>38106329
>>38106372

>First of all, nothing is actually deserved in life
>Second, happiness is truly overrated. Hear me out.
Im not saying that nobody should be happy, im just saying it shouldnt be a goal in life. Contentness should be. When you buy something new, or you take a vacation, you spend so much time mpreparing to be happy. How long does it last to be happy about those specific things? Maybe a day, a week? But it subsides. Being happy is never consistent. It varyies from a scale of 10 to 3 on one day and 9 on another. This is why focusing energy into that objective in just unrealistic.
>Being content is a goal of fulfillment. Being able to have bad days, but understanding that even so, it couldve been fulfilling bring consolation.

Im glad a lot of you agree that nothing is truly deserved. Thats a very radical SJW delusion/philosophy. Nobody is "owed" anything.
>>
>>38106475
Contentness is not the goal. Growth should be the goal. But yes, nothing is owed.
>>
>>38105932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kjYk2CrQF8
>>
>>38106445
The criteria and requirements are whatever you want them to be, morals are subjective. But again, it doesn't matter what side you get to be on, it won't change your fate. In fact, being what most people consider "bad" usually helps you succeed.
>>
>>38106525
Growth and contentness do not conflict. I do not mean content in the way that someone shouldnt try and improve or become more successful. I meant ione should be content in the way that when something bad happens or something good happens, they should not let it corrupt their emotions. In other words, be a stoic.
>>
>>38106305
The default position is to be at complete peace as a part of the void.
Somebody had to take an action to make that not happen.
>>
>>38106569
>want something
>don't get it
>???
>somehow don't react negatively

Got it. Great idea. Logically consistent.
>>
>>38106169
>>38105932

the real default position is that nobody actually deserves anything, good or bad, because muh moral relativism
>>
>>38106669
How is that not consistent?
Its likely youre one of those people that believes people are basically good. When you have that mentality you will be let down everytime someone wrongs you. Similarly, when possible, you shouldnt get your hopes up to the point that you want something THAT bad. When people are driven by their emotions (and not the other way around) they will be disappointed again and again, never controlling how they can react.
Look into stoicism at some point. Im not saying you should agree with everything it entails, but its certainly a way to be more in control of your outlook in life.
>>
>>38105932
It's not that I'm unhappy, it's that I'm unable to function socially. I avoid people because I perceive every social interaction as a physical threat.
>>
>>38106744
>people are basically good
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No, most people are selfish and delusional. They think they're good and are actually bad, or they would be bad if they weren't pathetic and incapable of causing serious harm.

Re: Stoicism, I'm sure the ideal is you have a great time except when bad stuff happens then you magically don't give a fuck, but I don't see how that's possible unless you turn into a boring guy that's apathetic about everything. No pain but no joy either.
>>
>>38106866
Not really. Stoicism is about every type of emotion. In short its counter productive to go to any extreme and its necessary to keep one's composure. Maybe it sounds pretentious, idk.. but thats how i am and it helps me work under stress very well - plus it gives you credibility with other people who notice that about you.
>>
I have the same shoes
>>
>>38106866
>most people are selfish and delusional. They think they're good and are actually bad, or they would be bad if they weren't pathetic and incapable of causing serious harm.
I'm not the anon you are replying to, but pretty sure it's more about people being weak than bad. Everyone wants to be good, not so many can achieve this, because they are too weak, that is, they don't have the (mental) freedom to act the way they think is right.
>>
>>38107113
"The way to hell is with good intentions"
>>
>>38107113
The confident people that aren't afraid to stray from the herd are the biggest assholes.
>>
I wanna fall over dead roughly half the time but what keeps me hapy is tobacco and coffee

i mainy chew but cigs are nice too
>>
>>38107142
In general this is true, but in our society most everyone has more or less the same idea of what is good and bad. Lying is bad, cheating is bad, working hard is good, helping others is good.

I wouldn't lie if I wasn't afraid of the consequences, I wouldn't cheat my partner if I could get ideal gf/bf for myself, I wouldn't slack off if the work that I do actually had meaning and so on, I would help everyone if I had enough for myself.

So I find that it is necessary to be a "strong" (successful and self-actualised) person to truly be good, at least to avoid being bad.
>>
>>38105932

Why do I deserve to suffer?

We're forced into reality without consent. The best thing we can do is consent to leaving.
>>
>>38105932
nothing makes me truly happy anymore I've started to lose instress in things I used to like doing try something new doesn't always hold my interest for very long
>>
>>38105932
>tfw would have been left to die alone, cold and scared, if I was run over by a shitskin because I am not Chad
>>
>>38106067
> if you get a million bucks as a gift, the money doesn't feel good

Wrong
>>
>>38106090
This. It's your leader's mind game to get you to try hard in life to make his country serve him better.

It's like asking how much you've pleased your king. How much of a bitch are you? No one deserves pain, only you really matter, and if one animal just like you is happy, something as useless as a dog is, then why shouldn't you ((((deserve))) to be happy? There is no such thing, life is not fair, and people don't want it to be fair or else no one would shit on left wingers about them wanting equality.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.