[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize that ethnicity was a useless social construct?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 40139-Quest_64_(USA)-2.png (243KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
40139-Quest_64_(USA)-2.png
243KB, 640x480px
When did you realize that ethnicity was a useless social construct?

Most people would look at me and describe me as "white", and "American" because I live in (what most people think of) as America. But I am just an individual human, I do not necessarily belong to these groups.
>>
>>38101171
Only white people think this way lmfaoo
>>
I loved quest 64. I never understood what the hell I was doing when I was a kid though.
>>
>>38101171
what game is that? also, what the fuck are you trying to say?
>>
>>38101171
If you're white and from America then you're a white American.
>>
i guess i kinda do only because i dont really have a racial group to claim. im not white enough to pass as white and ive lived with whites too long and dont have a native american mindset, so i dont belong with them either.
>>
>>38101284
>>38101275
man quest 64 was the shit, reviewer haters can all fuck off
>>
>>38101284
nvm, am retard. but i still would like to know what youre getting at. like you think everyone should just be classified as 'people' with no other distinction because reasons?
>>
>>38101286

But who says I live in America? America - and every country - only exists because people collectively agree they exist. Countries and borders are superficial constructs. I don't consider the land I live on to be America. Am I wrong just because more people think of it as something else? No, that is not logical. I live on Earth
>>
>>38101171
It's not just a social construction, because there are biological factors to race, but I don't think of a black person as black. He's just a guy.
>>
>>38101275
Glad that I wasn't the only one who didn't understand the game but loved it
>>
>>38101312
>>38101171
what does it matter if anything is "real" or "true" in a solipsistic sense? these collective beliefs are true in their own way because the believers are powerful enough to enforce their belief on reality
>>
Being mixed-race but not really integrated into the communities of either ethnicity. People aren't really that different regardless of where their ancestors came from.
>>
Only posting for Quest 64
Earth>Fire>Wind>Water
>>
Categorizing people into ethnicities is ultimatively useless. What do I have living in an ethno state when half of the population is still trash, not brown trash but white trash?
I'd rather kill both flavors of trash to just like with decent people whereever they come from.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.