[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /v/ such a terrible board and why can't I stop

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1430791565040.png (19KB, 724x552px)
1430791565040.png
19KB, 724x552px
Why is /v/ such a terrible board and why can't I stop going on it?
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 404x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 404x500px
>>38088376
I use it occasionally just because I like when people talk about games I like
It's kind of disappointing that they only talk bad about them though
>>
>>38088376
Although /v/ is terrible, I find them endearing in a Stockholm Syndrome kind of way.
Their threads that lead to non-vidya discussion can be interesting if it doesn't involve e-celeb/"muh waifu" shit.
>>
>>38088376
>>38088946

Almost all of thei threads aren't related to vidya, it's all bait shit like you would find here like "why do women pretend to like games" and "what does /v/ think of my gaming keyboard?" with a black person's hand sticking into the picture.
>>
>>38088376
>tfw /v/ is a million times better than this board
>>
File: image.png (687KB, 800x971px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
687KB, 800x971px
>>38088946
Muh waifu
spoiler: it's kate
>>
>>38088376
Because the industry is fucking trash right now. I know there are gems here and there but on the whole it is crap. Just look at E3, pure fucking garbage. And yes I know there are exceptions you fucking imbeciles incapable of thinking in general terms that will inevitably reply to me saying "G-games are still good!"
>>
>>38089078
The industry has never been better you dork
>>
>>38089138
So you really like all the horrible AAA garbage that gets released? I admit some indie games can be pretty good but usually they are too low budget to achieve everything they could. Also I can admit it is easier than ever to enjoy old classics so I'm not complaining about that I am mostly complaining about the new shit that comes out.
>>
>in spite of everything, generals end up being the better threads on /v/
better than /vg/'s "ERPing tripfags with special guest game" threads at least
>>
>>38089078
I want games and their companies like Bethesda to be good so bad
That's why I judge them lightly
>>
>>38089185

Yes, it's a million times better than all the shovelware games based on Batman movies from the 90s. Back then you didn't have an indie gaming scene, not like how it is today.
>>
>>38089305
Sure but there were more good games released in the 90's/early 00s than today. There might have been more shit games but there were more good games and all that matters is the good games.
>>
>>38089390

>there were more good games released in the 90's/early 00s than today.

I don't know about that.

>and all that matters is the good games.

So why are you complaining about today's bad games?
>>
>>38089426
I admit some modern games surpass old games but many old games are still quality games.

>So why are you complaining about today's bad games?
I guess because there aren't really many good games so the bad games seem worse even if there are less of them.
>>
>>38089459
There was way, way more shit games to good games in the 90s or early 2000s, or even the 80s.

Those AAA games you're complaining about these days aren't even all that bad.
>>
>>38089828
Right but like I said there were more good games than there are today. I'm not talking about the ratio just the shear numbers.
>>
>>38089868
>there were more good games than there are today

No there wasn't, there was far less games back then, both good and bad.

It's also "sheer" and not "shear"
>>
>>38089390
I think you might have nostalgia blocking your judgement.
>>
>>38089935
The PS2 had so much good shit though, compare that library to the PS3 or PS4, it isn't even a contest. Same can be said about the SNES or PS1 or a pretty much any console before 360, PS3, Wii gen. The only thing arguably improving is PC gaming but that is only because it is getting more releases and remains backwards compatible.
>>
>>38090030
>The PS2 had so much good shit though

It also had a mountain of shit games

>>38089975
this
>>
Someone tell me some good games to torrent that everyone must play.
You know those games that are core vidya culture. I got skyrim recently. And also bioshock(should I play remastered or the original?). Age of empires 3 also. What else is there?
Is far cry primal good?
>>
>>38090122
Probably the Halo games tho only the first 2 are on PC I think. Also The Witcher 3, KOTOR, Morrowind are a good place to get into RPG's.
>>
>>38090105
>It also had a mountain of shit games
So? Why does it matter if there are shit games if you have piles and piles of gold? It only matters if you have no gold then you would care that all they are selling is shit.

>>38089975
Nope. PS3/360/Wii was the beginning of the downfall. Just play those good PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games and you will realize it is true.
>>
>>38088376
I only go on /v/ to report people for (((off-topic))) shit. The mods there b& for stupid shit. :^)
>>
>>38090151
>Probably the Halo games tho only the first 2 are on PC I think.
Yeah already played the hell out of those.
My favorite shooters of all time. Especially the first one. I even played mods from hce.maps

>Also The Witcher 3, KOTOR, Morrowind are a good place to get into RPG's
I already played ds1 and ds2 too so I'm not a stranger to RPGs but I'll give those a try. Quentin memed about morrowind being bad. Is it really bad?
Do you have any more RPGs?
>>
>>38090170
>Just play those good PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games and you will realize it is true.

I played those while you were still in diapers. I grew up on gaming consoles from two generations before that.

>Why does it matter if there are shit games if you have piles and piles of gold?

Again, that's what you're complaining about with today's games.

What's more is that today's games are better in every aspect. An average game from 2017 would blow the mind of someone who was used to games from 1997
>>
Underage faggots thinking that their shitty opinions and unoriginal meme-spouting are worth posting.
Same reason why /tv/ is shit.
>>
>>38090329
Okay then tell me what game is so good then? I promise I won't shit on it if it genuinely looks good and plus you could convince me I am wrong so go ahead and list some games then faggot.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.