[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thereare people on this board who don't watch anime

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_7011.png (29KB, 200x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7011.png
29KB, 200x256px
>thereare people on this board who don't watch anime and are not on the autism spectrum.
>>
File: 4LZ4lH3l.jpg (36KB, 640x369px) Image search: [Google]
4LZ4lH3l.jpg
36KB, 640x369px
>>38086757
good thing people like us who do belong here are here
>>
I can't into anime, everyone looks the same and everytime people post their waifus I can't tell them apart. Also, what the fuck is up with their hair?
>>
>>38086757
They're spillover bluepillfags from Plebbit.
>>
I haven't watched anime in years, it all sucks now
>>
>>38086863
You just need to find the right series and it will click
>>
>>38086757
I know too many normies who watch anime.
Anime peaked in early 2000's then it got all normie.
>>
>>38086985
A tried One Punch Man and made it to episode three. I tried Attack on Titan and made it to episode two. Never made it past the first seasons of DBZ, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, or One Piece.

Is it because these shows are catered to kiddies? The writing was just fuckawful, and Japanese '''''humor''''' never elicits a laugh. I'm open to recommendations, I only watched those shows because they were popular at the time
>>
>>38086757
anime about young women is universally bad, it is the shovelware of anime
>>
File: 1498853952065.jpg (40KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
1498853952065.jpg
40KB, 480x362px
>>38087057
But there is so many anime they can't all be normie
>>
>>38087071
Sword art online is pretty good desu
>>
Anime is oversaturated and samey. Name one anime released in the last 5 years that stands alone from the rest due to unique plot, unique design, and ZERO moeshit
>>
>>38087133
The fact that there are normies who like anime proves it's not what it used to be.
Anime was part of the outcast culture. Now you could say there's not even an outcast culture anymore.
>>
>>38087071
Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop are good for those starting out

They're a lot less cliche than all those other shonen as well
>>
>>38087182
>sao

fuckin normie
>>
File: 1495319737319.jpg (118KB, 960x952px) Image search: [Google]
1495319737319.jpg
118KB, 960x952px
>>38087233
How do we fight back?
How do we unite against the normie threat and take back what was ours?
>>
>>38087233
Tabletop players and MtG players are the only outcasts I can think of. I really want to get into DnD, just so I can fill the void
>>
>>38087071
>>38087182
>One Punch Man
>SAO
>never makes the list of any /a/ recommendations
>panned every time they're brought up
>hurr durr I only choose to watch trash anime and therefore all anime is trash
I'm going to fucking start you on Spirited Away and Princess Monoke because that's all you deserve
>>
What if you're autistic, but don't watch anime?
>>
>>38087312
You could try out wizchan. It's filled with actual robots who are all miserable, and normans are regularly called out and banned. Posting speed is rather slow however
>>
All anime made after 1995 is objective garbage. It's all the same boring, shallow shit over and over again. It's all either otaku bait shit or toy commercials designed to part manchildren with as much of their money as possible by pandering to their desires for waifus and toys.
>>
>>38087182
Due to the negative feedback, I will NOT be giving Sword Art Online a watch. Good day, sir

>>38087234
I'll give Cowboy Bebop a shot. Samurai Champloo looks okay I suppose.

>>38087339
I will watch these first. I've heard good things about this director
>>
>>38087339
>>38087071
Grave of the Fireflies is also a good place to start
>>
>>38086757
tfw watched over 400 animes and now they bore me
there's very few worth watching at this point
>>
>>38087322
Prisoners play a lot of DnD. It os gettong quite popular.
>>
any amount of television is wasted time that could have been used for shitposting
>>
>>38087057
Anime has become less "normie" since then. Before the late 90s, TV anime aired during normal hours and was intended for more or less mainstream audiences, but since the late 90s more and more of it has moved to late night slots and has become less mainstream friendly.
>>
Anime sucks ass, but I'm pretty sure I'm autistic as fuck.
>>
File: tireless_tiredog.jpg (267KB, 781x910px) Image search: [Google]
tireless_tiredog.jpg
267KB, 781x910px
I don't watch anime, i only watched Code Geass, FMAB, Evangelion, Death Note, Parasyte the maxim and Dragon ball, i prefer reading mangas instead
>>
>>38087071
>Is it because these shows are catered to kiddies?
OPM and AoT are late night anime, so they are not for children. One Piece is one of the most popular anime in Japan and is watched by all demographics. The manga is the best selling in history.

All these shows are broadly similar to each other. They are action/action adventure shows aimed at the shounen (boys) demographic, excepf for One Punch Man which is a parody of them and aimed at the seinen (adult men, older teenagers) demographic. A lot of people think these shows are all there is to anime, but they're a drop in the ocean. A disproportionately popular drop. I've never even seen DBZ, Bleach, FMA or One Piece.

>>38087120
"Anime about young women" can mean almost anything and does not tell you anything about the show's quality or how much work went into it.

>>38087197
It's funny that people keep saying anime is all the same when it's more varied than live action television. Does anyone ever complain that live action television is all the same? Not that I've seen.

>Name one anime released in the last 5 years that stands alone from the rest due to unique plot, unique design, and ZERO moeshit
Since it's pretty obvious you've seen little to no anime, how would you be able to tell if something is unique or not? As for moeshit, it doesn't exist.

>>38087233
Anime was mainstream long before it was otaku.

>>38087402
Anime has gotten more varied, not less varied, over time. Otaku baiting doesn't exist, and a show isn't a "toy commercial" just because it has tie-in toys. Children's anime also isn't aimed at "manchildren," it's aimed at children. Late night anime doesn't sell toys.
>>
I don't really watch anime but I'm into animation so I don't really know why I never really gave it a chance. I've watched some normie anime like dragonball z and pokemon, watched Akira with friends recently and enjoyed it. Also right before she broke up with me, my Ex started to get into anime herself and made me watch Ouran High School Club (kind of surreal to me with all of the 'anime is for pathetic overweight virgins' meming in the back of my head).I guess this is my way of asking for recommendations of where to go from here.
>>
>tfw used to watch a lot of anime
>have some form of lower spectrum disorder
I just play guitar and do what I need to but don't really interact with society anymore at this point also anime is for the most part shit there has been a lot of shit anime in the last 15 years not denying the gems out there but wow shit taste weebs piss me off so badly it's not that you're a weeb it's that you have shit taste in anime and you should be expunged from the gene pool you absolute smug mistake you can't even into reaction images in a pleasant manner without completely making my eyes bleed this is why I stopped with anime video games are shit too
>>
>>38090063
Check out fist of the North Star and the Devil Man OVA
Devil Man OVA has some great animation
>>
>>38090063
Asking for recs is at best no better than Googling anime recommendations.

>>38090139
Weebs don't exist anymore, and shit taste is a narcissistic meme.
>>
>>38090169
>fist of the North Star
That's the guy who punches people mad fast going WATATATATATATA right? I could possibly get into that. And I'll take a peek at Devil Man
>>
File: 1482553644944.png (1011KB, 939x657px) Image search: [Google]
1482553644944.png
1011KB, 939x657px
>>38086757

sup

origano
>>
>>38086757
video games>anime

/oregano
>>
>>38091317
Neither can be superior to the other.
>>
what are some good normie animes? the only anime I've watched was hunter x hunter
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.