[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>used to be a generic liberal Bernie Bro >went full /pol/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

>used to be a generic liberal Bernie Bro
>went full /pol/ during the 2016 election
>eventually after struggling with political identity I just gave up and stoped giving a shit

Anyone else in the same boat? When did you stop having opinions on society and just refocus your energy on trying to survive in it?
>>
>>38083735
Wait, did that happen to Ryan Gosling?
>>
>>38083774
I just think Ryan Gosling is a handsome man (no homo)
>>
That's what happens when you let your real-world opinions be guided by memes on a mongolian shitposting forum for card-collecting.
>>
I still have very strong political opinions but I don't posit them as often any more, mostly because I live in a very liberal city and I write comedy which is dominated by liberals now. I literally don't go a day without being inundated with fucking liberals bashing Trump and shit.
>>
>>38083735
You have no moral backbone and need to sort yourself out. You unironically need Jesus too
>>
Identity politics are just the means of manipulation for higher ups in society and you got duped like every other dumb fuck in this country. The real solution is to research issues independent of the contrivance of each party and then make an informed decision: but pretty much every pleb is too lazy to do this.
>>
>>38083735
how can you go from the radical left to the radical right in the timespan of 1 election
>>
>>38083735
Just become a social democrat.
>>
>>38083873
>I literally don't go a day without being inundated with fucking liberals bashing Trump and shit.
>Wahhh! Muh librul boogeyman

Conservative "humor" is far more cringe. But it's pretty clear you're a partisan retard since you felt the need to single out liberals exclusively. Conservatives and liberals are just two sides of the same coin.
>>
File: 1493483961365.jpg (111KB, 1024x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1493483961365.jpg
111KB, 1024x1022px
>>38083735
I'm literally the opposite OP, was pretty centrist and thought right wingers weren't that bad until the election when they elected a guy simply because he shat all over none whites.
Turned me into a hard core SJW.
>>
>>38083916
>Obama
>"radical" left

Clearly you don't understand what this means. A radical left president would have abolished every form of expression that offended the most remote interpretations of political correctness. Obama didn't give a shit about that.
>>
>>38083956

>triggered because he singled out liberal comedy

That's all the media machine plays, bub.
>>
You sound like you believe whatever
groupthink is popular with your peers.

I bet you're from Reddit
>>
>>38083956
>Conservative "humor" is far more cringe. But it's pretty clear you're a partisan retard since you felt the need to single out liberals exclusively. Conservatives and liberals are just two sides of the same coin.
No I'm just saying that literally every single person that I write comedy with is liberal, I live in Chicago after all, not Texas. And I don't even write political humor, I just keep my opinions to myself when it comes to politics and comedy. How many times can you say you hate Trump and still think it's funny though?
>>
>>38083956
Another horse shoe theorist turned into uninformed centrist, great
>>
>went from hyperlib to fascist during gamergate

don't even know how it happened
>>
>>38084022
Jesus christ left is a political and economic identity not a social one. You can be a racist bigoted anti-pc leftist. It just means you believe in the control of the market.
Obama wasn't a leftist but that's because he supported big business and banks, not because he wasn't "PC"
>>
>>38083873
You must not be a very good comedian if you can't handle that. There's a shit ton of conservative comedians, even in liberal cities.
>>
File: ryan-gosling-breaker-high-GC.jpg (35KB, 440x410px) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling-breaker-high-GC.jpg
35KB, 440x410px
>>38083826
Oh yeah, What a hunk
>>
>>38084022
he said bernie bro you mongoloid
>>
>>38083924
I was, and then I learned how economics work
>>
>>38084016
>I'm literally the opposite OP, was pretty centrist and thought right wingers weren't that bad until the election when they elected a guy simply because he shat all over none whites.

But that isn't why he was elected. People so desperately wanted to say "fuck you" to the left and there's no denying the reasons for it.
>>
>tfw used to be fedora-tier libertarian 3-4 years ago
>tfw now fasch catholic ultra reactionary

what happened
>>
>>38083735
I browse /pol/ but it's rarely changed my opinion on anything.
>>
>>38084083
>Jesus christ left is a political and economic identity not a social one.

An arbitrary distinction. People clearly pick and choose who they associate with based on political beliefs. Likewise, people's self-perception can be formed out of a political identity.
>>
>>38083873
>liberals bashing Trump and shit

Meanwhile, Trump takes to Twitter every day with his autistic sperg rage against anyone who's ever been mean to him. Of course it's completely excusable when a man in his 70s, and the leader of the free world, behaves like a third-grade bully.
>>
>>38083874
>You unironically need Jesus too
Do you actually mean this? I used to be a Christcuck but I had a fedora-phase that pretty much ended any authentic religious connection I might have had
>>
>>38084445
You could have gotten 4^4, but your blasphemy denies you the privilege.
>>
I was pretty hardcore left. I'm more moderate now tho.
>inb4 pick a side
>>
>>38083735
yup
/pol/ ruined politics for me honestly
It also got to the point where I realized it wasn't worth it to be angry about shit all the time. I still hate the government because it's corrupt and doesn't stand for the people but I'm not someone that sees people having a good time and gets angry about it
I will fucking kill you if you talk about taking away guns though, don't even joke about that shit in front of me. Other than that, give 0 fucks
>>
I have always been a conservative desu but /pol/ got me a bit more racist
>>
>>38084016
>thought right wingers weren't that bad until the election when they elected a guy simply because he shat all over none whites.
That's /pol/tards and bullshit from Hillary/Obama/Michelle. Trump didn't run as pro-white. Anti-Muslim? Yes, absolutely. Trump loves Chinese people and Indians and so on. He loves Omarosa and Ben Carson and David Clarke, etc.
>>
>>38084653
Can I ask why guns are so holy to you people? non-american here
>>
>I don't have guiding principles -the post
OK. Well basically this makes you the most uninteresting person imaginable in politics. I'm fine with you not participating.
>>
>>38084084
You don't get it dude, I'm not a stand-up, I'm a comedy writer, and the place I write at literally has BLM posters on the walls and Linda Sarsour pictures hung up everywhere and there's even a "Third-gender bathroom" on the third floor. If I were to speak up about my beliefs they would fire me, no questions, no fuss. I haven't been there long enough to give myself "comedic tenure"

>>38084384
I don't even like Trump, it's just gotten old. Half the sketches we write are just anti-Trump nonsense now. It's just boring. I'd rather just stay out of it.
>>
>>38084836
All conservatives are racist dumbfuck
>>
>American politics
It's a tired joke. Stop posting it.
>>
>>38085851
This is an insane view and I suggest you look up the Wikipedia entry on conservative and likely every other word used in connection with politics.
>>
>>38083873
Show me an example of conservative humor.
>>
I stopped focusing on the politics after the election, and I'll likely get back into it during the next elections, that's all there is to it.
>>
File: normisis.png (114KB, 736x433px) Image search: [Google]
normisis.png
114KB, 736x433px
>>38085892
there are a lot of them out there, here's a funny tweet from a funny conservative comedian
>>
>>38084196
You got dumber.
>>
File: TheFinnishBolshevikOnYouTube.jpg (5KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
TheFinnishBolshevikOnYouTube.jpg
5KB, 100x100px
>>38083735
I unironically became a commie shortly after the election.
>>
>>38084196
This is completely normal, right wing libertarianism is a fantasy that always leads to fascism.
>>
The problem with the right is that irrational attachment to tradition, religiosity, inability to question their beliefs and assumptions is a problem with all conservatives, whereas being an SJW, seeing racism and sexism everywhere, thinking there are 67 biological sexes, is a problem only with a fringe on the left
>>
>>38084049
covfefe
cheeto
drumpf
fat orangutan
spoilt kid
>>
It's kind of pointless, yeah. Although it's possible to have opinions and values without being an ideologue or, even worse, a passionate supporter of a political party or a politician.

Create your own moral code by observing the world, not by listening to those demagogues and sofists and their metanarratives. Study history, economy, politics, sociology, or whatever you think will give you a better understanding of how society works. That way you'll be more likely to know which one of those two fairly similar systems that are represented as black and white is a tiny bit less evil, and act accordingly.

Other than that, there isn't much you can change. Sure, you can vote, but generally the side that is better at advertising their beliefs will always win and your vote won't change much. It will give you a right to bitch once the candidate you didn't vote for gets elected, though, which is sort of neat. But don't get too heated up about it, it's all a false dichotomy whose only purpose is to make it seem like you have a choice.
>>
>>38084068
>during gamergate
good one anon. you made my day.
>>
File: 1498850948235.png (522KB, 990x838px) Image search: [Google]
1498850948235.png
522KB, 990x838px
Not lucky enough to be American so I don't get to avoid politics. My hometown is flooded with invaders who don't work, stink up the place, ask for handouts and won't make the slightest effort to speak the language. Crime is up. Women in burkas and drug deals all around (nonexistent in this area just 20 years ago). Noise, noise, noise. Dumb people doing dumb shit. I thought I hated normalfags, but having to deal with arabs makes me miss normies.
>>
>>38083735
You're on a great path OP.

Soon, you'll discover the truth and embrace full Stirnirite egoism, and you'll be as politically advanced as you can get.
>>
>>38084068
You were fine with "muh degeneracy" until your precious video games got involved.
>>
>>38083735
>When did you stop having opinions on society and just refocus your energy on trying to survive in it?

Probably my whole life. Still find politics fascinating though; about a quarter of the books on my kindle are about them.
>>
>>38083735
If you're drastically changing your beliefs that much, you're probably just gullible/naive. Try to actually form your own opinions.
>>
>>38087792
This is probably just an example of reclassification of crime from murder to manslaughter.

She could have bit it off.
>>
>>38083735
Same here minus the Bernie Bro part. I think the main reason is because there really isn't much I can do about it. I'm too young and inexperienced to make any difference.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.