[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rich dad >sends me to private school >spends money

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

>rich dad
>sends me to private school
>spends money on ACT tutoring
>finish with like a 3.3 and 24 ACT so can't go anywhere good
>time to pick college
>"So son, you're going to MIT... r-r-right?"
>"hehe, no dad, but I am looking at a couple state schools :-)"
>"awwwww son, you can do better. I know you can"
>walk into Mexican restaurant
>owner talks about his son that goes to MIT
>my dad smiles at him and looks at me with the most disappointed face I've ever seen

Please end my life
>>
>going to college
Your dad is a retard and you are too.
>>
>>38069056
Probably riding affirmative action gibz. No one cares what school you go to.. just distinguish yourself when you get there.
>>
>>38069089
This is true

I dropped out of high school and a kid going to MIT was served me a hamburger at Culvers.

Stemcucks when will they learn
>>
>>38069089
This
A Princeton physics grad was refilling my drink at McDonald's the other day

Should've majored in history like me. I'm the CEO of an small business.
>>
>>38069056
Personally, I thrive as a big fish in a small pond. I went to a competitive high school and drowned in jealousy, didn't do so hot, but I went to a state school and did great because everyone there got shit grades - it was kind of the norm. I spent time tutoring which helped me make friends and got my As from taking easy classes. Now I'm going to a top grad school.
>>
>>38069056
>3.3 and 24 ACT can't get you anywhere
>and you're rich
Sage
>>
>>38070095
Bro, in todays world it basically can't.

Colleges now a days are hard as a motherfucker to get into. My counselor pulled up where she thinks I should apply and my heart sank. We are talking ghetto shitty schools in buttfuck nowhere. It's embarrassing. Everyone at my school goes to crazy colleges and then there's me. Having to apply to some ass school is just so disgraceful. I'll be lucky to get into a state school

>and youre rich
Won't help me after college when I'm on my own. Was cool in my childhood days. Those days are over.
>>
>>38070694

You need to fucking invest, College is a sham in this day and age.
>>
What's the point of going to a 4 year college first? You clearly don't really care too much about putting in the work to study, so you'll probably just end up fucking up your first year of school and getting kicked out. He may not be proud of you if you go to a 2 year to figure yourself out first, but if he's anything like my dad he will be happy that you saved him thousands of dollars in tuition and I think it would be nicer than telling your friends your son got kicked out of MIT.
>>
>>38070694
Nigga here's the thing. Most wagecuck jobs only give a shit if you have a 4yr degree. It doesn't matter where it's from. It doesn't particularly have to be related to the job. Professions where the degree matters inevitably require postgrad degrees.

The rest of what gets you into your job and promoted is your social game.
>>
>>38070827
There is actually a really strong middle ground for 2 year degrees as well. A 2 year degree job easily gives you enough to live comfortably, although not mega-rich. I make $45k and can get raises up to $55k without any promotions at my current job, just with a stem AA
>>
>>38069089
This
A harvard space engineering phd washed my car the other day
>>
>>38070953
>space engineering
That is the most meme bullshit I've ever heard. Real space engineers just have mech or elec degrees.
>>
File: 1497969121446.jpg (9KB, 349x314px) Image search: [Google]
1497969121446.jpg
9KB, 349x314px
>>38069192
>was served
Maybe you should have stayed in school.
>>
>>38069056
He just wants the best for you so you can provide the best for you kids. He wants to help you become a good man. Just show him you love him and just try, try ,try.
>>
>>38069192
>>38071104
>was served
>implying that wasnt what he meant
>>
>>38069089
Salient observation. A man with two PhDs (in genetics and bioinformatics) was cleaning the bathroom stall in the mall last week, I almost pissed on him and had to shoe him out. It was much easier building my fortune through bitcoin.
>>
>>38069089
This
A man with a phd in economics, and MBA and a bacherlors in history mowed my lawn yesterday
>>
>>38069159
>No one cares what school you go to.. just distinguish yourself when you get there.
Do people actually care about college performance over prestige of the school?
I've kept a 4.0 GPA at a mid-low tier STEM school. Will this do me better than transferring to a more prestigious school and having a lower GPA?
>>
>>38071244
experience is worth more than your GPA, take advantage of co-op terms and paid internships otherwise you'll graduate and be a lost little boy like a good friend of mine.
>>
>>38071123
I get that. He's done so much for me and I am grateful, and I am sad I disappointed him. :(

>>38071244
I disagree with everyone else. if you tell an employer
>I went to Harvard
You're basically insta hired. Plus Ivies and other god tier schools basically have programs where you can get jobs very easily at good companies. They help you as fuck. Shittier schools do not have the skill or resources to.

>>38070754
I do try. I pulled As and Bs but that just wasn't good enough. They need to be all As. I'm confident I can do well in college. I just don't know where the fuck I'm going to go or what the fuck to study [and its not going to be a good outcome]
>>
>>38071419
urgh, the idea of applying for and interviewing for a bunch of positions stresses me out. I should go for internships and co-ops though, will get working on that in the fall semester.
>>
>>38070694
>tfw 3.9 GPA and 26 on ACT
>tfw poorfag so opting for a state school because I can't afford anything more
Fuck you, Anon
>>
>what used to get into harvard must now settle for cornell

It's the foreigners taking up more spots, as they pay full price.
>>
>>38071522
how the fuck do you get a 3.9 with a 26 ACT
t. 2.8 GPA 31 ACT
>>
>>38071559
What'd you get on your SAT? I had a 2.71 with an 1860 SAT.
>>
>>38071552
kinda. international students pay the difference between what the government subsidizes. in leafland my student union threw a shitfit over this, thinking its unfair(not realizing our international students are all affluent chinks, nigerians, and muslims who can easily afford it). i think they still have rallies about this, which doesn't really surprise me. you can't teach critical thinking.
>>
>>38071583
origifgdfg
>>
>>38069089
Yeah all those doctors and their college degrees sure are retards.
>>
>tfw dad didn't go to college and he's relieved that i'm going to the local uni.

Besides, i was 5 years out of school, he seems to have recovered a little pride on me since he knew i was entering uni, which is something that didn't happen since like 10 years ago.
>>
>>38069089
Can confirm. A Yale law grad served me medium fries and a small coke zero with extra ice at McDonalds the other day.
>>
>>38069056
Tell your dad that the name of your college isn't important, but the education you receive there.

My college didn't have a famous name, but it did have the only Mongolian language program in the US...which is why I went there. Never looked back.
>>
>born well off
>complains about anything

wew
>>
>>38069056
>>rich dad
you can't teach intelligence anon neither can you buy it
>>
>>38069089
This
A man with a PhD in applied mathematics and a MA in physics from Princeton served me a latte at the local starbucks

Shit's fucked man
>>
>>38072370
you're samefagging to hard nigger
>>
>>38072522
no fucking shit. the replies are hilarious though
>>
>>38069056
>walk into Mexican restaurant
>owner talks about his son that goes to MIT
You shouldn't feel bad because your dad is too retarded to know affirmative action exists.
>>
>>38069089
This. A STEMlord scooped my pooper the other day.
>>
>>38071559
Are you me? I got the exact same scores
>>
File: IMG_0956.jpg (99KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0956.jpg
99KB, 1200x675px
mit is a meme school
everyone i've met in my professional life from there has been retarded
your school and gpa only matter for getting your first job, afterwards no one gives a shit
in fact going to a state school may be better because you're more likely to run into other alumni in job interviews
>>
>>38069056
>binged on pills and cigarettes
>overcame two drug addictions over the course of four years
>pierced ear in school bathroom with a safety pin
>lit two school toilets on fire with hand sanitizer and paper towels
>OSS 3/4 semester freshman year
>ISS twice
>threw hot dogs and hit people across cafeteria when they were served at lunch
>never study ever
>teachers hate me because I coasted through all my classes and acted out
>finished with 3.1 core GPA
>22 ACT score
High school is retarded and I guessed on most of my ACT answers
>>
File: good boy.png (194KB, 540x321px) Image search: [Google]
good boy.png
194KB, 540x321px
>>38069056
>33 act no studying
>3.8 gpa
> decent upper middle tier school

:^)

i know community colleges are garbage but why not endure two years of easy middle school tier courses then just transfer to a really good school if it means so much to you. if you get good grades (which would be pretty easy desu) then eventually going to mit or any other high tier school is very plausible. it seems like a better choice than spending 4 years at a state school with an acceptance rate of something like 60%. idk
>>
You guys are retarded, worrying about college and everything, life is completely worthless, you should leech off your parents or government as long as possible until you're homeless and you can jump off a bridge. No one will care if you're gone if you're homeless because it means everyone has given up on you.
>>
>>38069089
Upvoted. I once saw an ETH Zurich aerospace engineering PhD mop the floor at the local McDonald's. He did it in a very aerodynamic way though.
>>
>>38069192
>>38069241
>>38070953
>>38071176
>>38071723
>>38072370
>>38072719
>>38073143
Ironic samefagging is still samefagging and you should kill yourself for doing it.
>>
>>38073133
with that logic, might as well encourage suicidal people to shoot up a school. life is completely worthless anyway. life is their oyster :^)
>>
File: 1469900024360.png (18KB, 477x143px) Image search: [Google]
1469900024360.png
18KB, 477x143px
>>38073185
Yes sir, getting the helium ready straight away.
>>
>>38073200
my life is worthless, I don't care about other people enough to do anything
>>
>>38070694
>>and youre rich
>Won't help me after college when I'm on my own. Was cool in my childhood days. Those days are over.

But you'll still always have that safety net of parents who COULD bail you out if you were unemployed, etc. Lots of folks literally don't have that.
>>
>>38071938
>>born well off

"Well off" doesn't mean "rich". It could easily mean "nice suburban house'
>>
>>38072856

The part about the alumni is absolutely true.

Plus for most jobs, if you went to Harvard etc, people would stereotype you are smart but simultaneously, as an arrogant snot who thinks his shit don't stick...so still there would be hesitation to hire such a person.
>>
>>38071522
>>38071559
>>38071583
>tfw 33 ACT and 2200 SAT but didn't do my homework and got a 3.8
No one wants me.
>>
>>38073368
where did you apply? thats pretty decent.
>>
File: 1482014002852.jpg (112KB, 764x938px) Image search: [Google]
1482014002852.jpg
112KB, 764x938px
>>38069056
>rich family
>expensive private schools kindergarten thru 12th grade
>i dont do a single day of homework
> sister goes to yale. i go to a shitty state school
>take one of the hardest majors because i thought i would magically get good at school
>drop out after a year because of the depression meme
>sister asks parents why they spent so much money on her education when we were young
>"we did it so that you could have the best possible future. we did it for your brother to keep him away from weed for as long as possible which clearly failed"
feels bad man
>>
>>38073413
UF, Clemson, UNC, UCF, UNF
I didn't get any scholarships or anything even with extracurriculars and I couldn't afford anything
>>
>>38069056
im fighting a life long crack addiction.

i have no friends.

my family doesnt know where i am.

... hope you get into MIT.
>>
>>38069089
This. A PhD in astrophysics sucks my cock everyday to pay his rent

>>38073509
Good luck
>>
>>38069089
Yeah, why do that when anyone without education or skills could just go apply for a job in some trade (literally all applications get approved) and make at least $200 000 from the start.
>>
>>38073469
oh shoot. you gonna transfer from a cc or just settle for a shittier school?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.