[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else notice how common advice or "truths"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1494003486659.jpg (485KB, 1000x633px) Image search: [Google]
1494003486659.jpg
485KB, 1000x633px
Does anyone else notice how common advice or "truths" seem to align up with what people want to believe all the time?

Like "you need to learn to love yourself first before you can love someone else" or "people can tell youre a bad person thats why you dont have friends" or something else that follows similar thinking. Like people just dont want to face the reality that they have the power to make a change but just dont want to so they rationalize by shifting the blame.
>>
>normalfags are biased due to living privileged lives
more news at 11
>>
>>38068540
really or are you just being a little sarcastic FUCK
>>
File: NEETbug.jpg (60KB, 435x409px) Image search: [Google]
NEETbug.jpg
60KB, 435x409px
>>38068494

>People would rather concoct a comforting lie than face a painful truth

You're learning, OP
>>
>>38068494
Both motivational bullshit and nihilistic edginess will lead you nowhere. I am in a pursuit of simplicity, security, and tranquility. I think these things will bring me happiness.
>>
>>38068584
How do I uncover the truth of this world?
>>
>>38068494
is this post not an example of what youre saying?
>>
A lot of it is to do with them not wanting to disturb their "just world" delusion.
It's more comfortable to believe that inequalities in life are due to effort rather than people being born unequal.

Of course, this is all due to our foolish worship of the false god of "equality".
>>
>>38068741
& i thought i was destructive.
>>
>>38068624
This guy just posted it >>38068622
>>
File: 1491689191211.jpg (136KB, 861x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491689191211.jpg
136KB, 861x1024px
>>38068494
Look up "just world fallacy hypothesis" (or just world fallacy). It's just easier for people to face the world that way.
>>
>>38068764
>& i thought i was destructive.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>38068494
>people just dont want to face the reality that they have the power to make a change but just dont want to so they rationalize by shifting the blame.
sounds like that's exactly what you're doing right now.

> "you need to learn to love yourself first before you can love someone else" or "people can tell youre a bad person thats why you dont have friends"
both solid advice that you might want to take to heart if you really want to change yourself. it's ok if you don't though
>>
is that overwatch fan art?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.