[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the longest you've ever gone without food? I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1470270086796.png (32KB, 766x758px) Image search: [Google]
1470270086796.png
32KB, 766x758px
What's the longest you've ever gone without food?
I've been reading about the benefits of fasting
I managed to go two whole days without food at all and consuming only water
I started to feel a little dizzy after the seconds day so I broke the fast
anyone else tried fasting or any other forms of asceticism?
>>
>>38066676
Why the fuck are you fasting, you fat lard? You're fat, you need constant small adjustments to diet and lifestyle to fix it, not sudden abrupt stop to eating. Just look at your portions every day before a meal and remove 20%, that alone will get you far.

Fasting like a retard only leads to various issues, among others poisoning yourself when all the nasty shit stored in your fat from eating McDonalds and other trash gets all released into your body quickly due to the quick fat burn.
>>
>>38066676
Not more than 24 hours, but being a poor student or simply forgetting to eat happened a few times. I lost 5 kilos from being already underweight in a year.
>>
>>38066676
Anybody else get kinda shaky when they don't eat? Don't tell me I have the beetus...
>>
Wow you guys are fucked lol
>>
>>38066829
Absolute fucking moron talking out of his ass.

Thanks for contributing nothing but misinformation, you worthless fuck.

>>38066676
Fasting is really good for you. Everyone gets to that point after a day or two where they hit a wall and feel like shit for awhile, some people get headaches too. Once you get past that, say day 3 or so, you won't feel like shit anymore and you actually get a really nice feeling of being energized.

Just makes sure you drink water, and have a pinch of salt in your water once or twice a day.

Seriously though, fasting is something everyone should do once in awhile. Keep in mind, some of the more significant health benefits don't kick in until day 3-4, but even 24 hours is good for you.

>t. guy who has done a fair amount of 5+ day fasts
>>
>>38066952
Are you a woman or just a faggot? Only retarded women fall for stupid fucking memes like fasting. Did you read it on some gay as fuck Buddhist new age magazine?

>i-it's good for you!!!
No it fucking isn't, your body is made for eating every day, if not eating makes you feel better, then that says a lot about the quality of your diet. I'd love to see an actual peer-reviewed medical study showing the benefits of fasting (let alone 5+ day fasts) but I know all I'd get are American "Buddhist" new age fags trying to pass off as medical professionals.
>>
File: 1362176736526.jpg (26KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
1362176736526.jpg
26KB, 300x323px
>>38067046
>>38066829
Jesus christ... the level of stupidity emanating from everything you say. You really have no idea how dumb you sound do you?

Do you have any idea how obvious it is that you're young as fuck, have no real knowledge about science or biology, but somehow think your 20 year old "common sense" makes you intelligent.

Lets start shall we:

>your body is made for eating every day

Wrong. Eating the same amount daily has only been a thing since the widespread adoption of agriculture. Before then, you know, for like 95% percent of our existence as a species we were hunter-gatherers, which if you have any familiarity with (I know you don't, fuckwit, don't worry about it), meant humans went through periods of feast/famine very regularly throughout the year as hunts went well, or didn't.

>poisoning yourself with the nasty shit stored

Dipshit. When you stop eating thats when your body clears out all the stuff that ALL of us have stuck in our digestive system. Fasting clears out toxins, it does the OPPOSITE of poisoning you.

>woman/faggot/buddhist

Which is it? This kind of lashing out at everyone just shows the kind of angry loser you are.

PS. None of the above. And basically every fucking religion in history has had some kind of fasting component. They are all retarded though right? Of course you're an atheist, you fucking cliche.

You know why they have them? Because self-denial and discipline are good for you regardless of health benefits. Maybe if you tried it it you wouldn't been such an irredeemable cocksucker.

>studies showing the benefits
I know you're lazy cockstain who can't look up shit for himself, but after fucking two minutes of searching:

http://www.johnshopkinshealthreview.com/issues/spring-summer-2016/articles/are-there-any-proven-benefits-to-fasting

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3680567/

tl;dr: you aren't intelligent, you don't know shit, your personality is garbage, fucking kill yourself
>>
>>38066676

>tfw someone you know and regularly work with looks exactly like OP's pic
>he is super nice guy and I don't want to say anything mean in case he is in this thread
>tfw slowly watching his diet get worse over the past few weeks

I don't think I can help him, he's too old and far too gone, but god damn watching this slow motion train crash is just.. sad.
>>
>>38066676
I heard a story about an Obese American lady who tried fasting to lose weight. She was losing weight but then died.

She died not from lack of calories, obviously there were plenty in her body. She died from lack of nutrients, like vitamins and minerals and proteins, which are essential to keeping the body functioning on a day to day basis.

Fasting for a few days might be OK, but don't try any longer than that otherwise you'll get very sick. You'll start to get scurvy and other diseases caused by vitamin or mineral deficiency.
>>
>>38067416
There is also stories about people fasting for months and months and losing a bunch of weight and being in great health.

One retarded woman doing it without doctor's supervision, or without any knowledge of how it should be done is an anecdote, and doesn't mean anything.

The people who have water fasted for months and months successfully did it with doctor supervision, and occasional vitamin supplements + eating stuff like yeast once in awhile.

So you're right about the lack of nutrients killing her, not the fasting itself.

For anything less than say, 10 days, that doesn't matter. Water and a multivitamin once a day is enough for anyone.
>>
>go away to college
>terrified of everything
>don't know how to use the meal card at the cafeteria
>don't eat for two and a half days
>first day of classes, have to march all over campus in mid-90s heat
>constantly dizzy and on the verge of passing out
I lost 40lbs my first year there
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.