[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do normies know what loli/lolicon is? Would I get disgusted stares

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 3486989.jpg (84KB, 304x475px) Image search: [Google]
3486989.jpg
84KB, 304x475px
Do normies know what loli/lolicon is? Would I get disgusted stares if I read this in public?
>>
>>38062379
Yes, they do, and yes, you would.
>>
i actually wrote a college paper about that book for a class
>>
>>38062393
What'd do you get for it?
>>
>>38062395
therapy
oregano
>>
>>38062395
Disgusted stares in public.
>>
>>38062387
Really? Where do they even learn about loli? It never comes up on normie media consumables.
>>
>>38062379
You wouldn't, it's a literary classic. But I got some negative comments when my friend asked me about the book I was reading - Tampa by Alissa Nutting - and got upset when I told him what is it about.
>>
Not sure why you would get looks of disgust, isn't lolita the most sold novel ever?
>>
>>38062393
>>38062395
half disgust, it was some shit about psychology, so picked this good specifically to make every one uncomfortable, i emphasized if you were a sicko looking for erotic literature you we're gonna find anything of the like her but if you are a sensitive type, theres plenty to be disgusted about
>>
>>38062430
What shit tier school did you go to? There's courses built around studying Nabokov's work.
>>38062379
Nigga this book isn't lolicon and the sexual scenes are minimal, and are purposefully underdescribed. It's not meant to be jerked off over. Anyone that sees you read this will assume you're a weird fuck or (rightfully) a pretentious fag.
>>
>>38062542
I'm gonna read it because it's on the list of classics.
I know it's the furthest from a erotica, but I'm worried what other people will assume when they see 'lolita' and know nothing about it.
>>
>>38062379
lolita=/=lolicon
>>
>>38062628
It is derived though.
>>
>>38062379
What is the need to read this in public? It is only a few hundred pages, can't you read that in 2 sittings? It is not complex language. Why don't you read any other book in public.
>>
>>38062379
lolita yes lolicon no
>>
>>38062587
>purposefully reading books with the cover exposed in public
You deserve ridicule for this, with any book. Just keep the book in your lap.
>>
>>38062661
>can't you read that in 2 sittings?
://
No...
>>
>>38062665
I'd rather not have a crane neck.
>>
>>38062661
>can't you read that in 2 sittings? It is not complex language.
Dude you're not fully appreciating the masterful prose if you're reading it in 2 sittings. The story is kind of secondary to this book.
>Why don't you read any other book in public
Because he needs attention. How will others know how smart he is if he doesn't do this???
>>38062711
Yeah you just need attention. You could read it at a park or cafe with it flat on the table, but no, you need to be seen. You're the worst kind of person.
>>
>>38062789
I really find looking down uncomfortable... It gives me a sore neck. And anyway I didn't say at a park, I mean like on public transport.
>>
>>38062828
Then get a fucking book cover nigga. Or get the one with the cover that isn't so obvious, the one with the corner of the room.
But you're even coming here to flex, don't act like you don't crave attention. It's really easy to see through you.
>I really find looking down uncomfortable...
You can get a new hobby. Once you move onto books with >400 pages, holding them up all the time isn't really an option. Even if your muscles don't get tired, it'll look dumb.
Bad thread, looking for a solution to an easily solvable problem, with a bonus thinly veiled air of pretention
>>
Most of the young people I know dont even know this book... Thanks illitirate bulgaria. Hardly anyone would care if they saw me reading it in the public transport.
On second hand I was once chatting with a certain girl online, were talking about books and told her I would like to read Lolita (still havent read it) and she answered me with sending me a fail named lolita.exe
Never heard of her again, ofc didnt open it.
>>
>>38062379
They understand, but unless you jerk off while reading, they will just think you're a weird nerd reading Russian novels
>>
>>38062379
>Would I get disgusted stares if I read this in public?

not if you read it on a kindle
>>
>>38063593
Kindles are gay
>>
>>38062379
Its way a classic from world literature. We studied it in highschool. You'd be fine.
>>
>>38063593
>kindle
more embarrassing than the actual lolita book could ever hope to be
>>
>>38063707
kindle is great and the books are cheap there is even a vocabulary trainer and dictionary built in. Problem is the fact that one day your neighbours will scream your amazon searches into your back and spit in front of your feet because they have a complete list of everything you ever searched for on amazon/kindle, since they have people working at amazon customer service that can give this info to them. They spread everything you searched for and bought to your whole town, to your whole city to everyone you ever knew and can blackmail you for the rest of your life with your fetishes and interests. true story
>>
>>38063864
just steal all your books. problem solved.
>>
>>38063864
happy to hear theyve got internet at your asylum
>>
can we just let this embarrassing thread die
sage
>>
>>38063445
It was originally written in English, so not quite sure how Russian it is, Pretty fancy-high level English on top of that.
>>
>>38062379
I'm fairly sure that when I read it, I did so at some point in public. Too engrossed in the language to notice disgust.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.