[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck was Sid supposed to know that his toys were sentient?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (1MB, 1040x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1040x600px
How the fuck was Sid supposed to know that his toys were sentient? He wasn't intentionally torturing them, he was just a strange kid that had a strange way of playing with toys. He didn't really deserve to get traumatized like that.
>>
>>38059990
I've thought of this before, like he was actually kind of creative. He wasn't doing anything wrong and probably just needed a friend
>>
I'd like to know if his experience with Woody affected him long term, like if he developed a fear of toys or it became a repressed memory or something.

Would love to see that explored but doubt it ever will be.
>>
>>38059990
(((Toy Story)))
The white kid is the one with the problem
>>
File: Into the Abyss.jpg (219KB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
Into the Abyss.jpg
219KB, 887x900px
Attaching firecrackers to action figures does not necessarily sound like something a sane child would do.

Where were his parents in all of this? Were they just ok with their son going in the backyard and setting off explosives in a VERY CLOSE PROXIMITY to their house?

But above all, remember, it's a Disney movie, which means their will always be a lot of shit that has no other explanation other than "it's Disney lol"
>>
>>38060193
andy is white tho
>>
>>38060150
He appeared in the 3rd movie for a brief time
Apparently he's a garbage man
>>
>>38060238
>it's a Disney movie
>>
>>38059990
>>38060016
I've thought about this a lot too, actually. Sid was actually a sort of saint when you think about it. Here were all these old toys that were otherwise useless, but he took them apart and made them in to something new. And sure, he was going to send woody up with a rocket, but I don't remember if that rocket even exploded, or if it was just one of the kind that flies up and comes back down. Even if it did explode, based on Woodie's mass, wouldn't he just come back down with minor burns?

Well, all of that is pointless anyway, really.

>>38060150
I think there's a theory out there that suggests Sid did poorly later on in life and had to become a pizza delivery guy for that Pizza Planet place. I think someone said a truck that's driven in the second or third movie has a license plate that's shared with a vehicle parked outside of his house in the first movie, or something like that. Kind of sad to think that he never got the help he needed to get his life started up.

Isn't there a line in the first movie that suggests he obeys his mom and that he doesn't have a father figure?
>>
>>38060238
They're fucking firecrackers. You never had fire crackers as a kid? He's a little weird yeah, but give him a break.
>>
>>38060193
Everyone in the movie is white, what are you getting at, /pol/?
>>
File: Masked Grinch.png (117KB, 279x228px) Image search: [Google]
Masked Grinch.png
117KB, 279x228px
Only time I remember having firecrackers as a kid was when my dad threw a 4th of July party with friends and neighbors.

I don't remember much, except that one of them exploded on the lawn, and my dad attached a giant firework to a talking Bill Clinton doll.

He has his legs hanging above his workbench to this day.
>>
>>38060281
>They're fucking firecrackers.
>firecrackers.
>crackers

See what I mean? It's always the whites.
>>
Anyone else bully their toys?

Burning is okay, lighters were easier but harder to get in my house so the old magnifying glass did it often. I also liked to freeze the toys I liked most so no long term damage would be done. Burying toys alive or dropping them from the balcony was also cool.
>>
>>38060281
see
>>38060319

original oregano
>>
>>38060324
I never really did, but I had friends that did and it was pretty fun, really. My neighbor made a hobby of making "war scenes" where he would take a lighter and burn a hole in an action figure, and then have others shooting at it or something.

Actually, come to think of it he was a makeup guy for a local playhouse for a while.
>>
>>38060261
Sid was obviously already on the right track, but I'm sure that seeing toys come to life was traumatic and led to some serious mental problems. He was probably even diagnosed with shit he didn't have, like paranoid schizophrenia. Imagine going to your mom, screaming your head off because your toys came to life.
>>
File: ts3.png (312KB, 625x309px) Image search: [Google]
ts3.png
312KB, 625x309px
>>38060261
sid is actually the neighborhood garbageman in the 3rd movie

it's not glamorous but he's making bank
>>
I have had the same thought. Sid was literally punished because he had fun with his toys and liked making things out of other things. Woody was a cunt t b h
>>
>>38060357
Yeah, that's what it was! (What was the truck theory then, because I remember people talking about that, too.)

So it turns out Sid is the best character, anyway...
>>
File: Shark.gif (18KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
Shark.gif
18KB, 125x125px
>>38060357
HOLY SHIT I NEVER NOTICED THAT

WHAAAAAT
>>
Imagining the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan but with Woody as the main character instead makes me laugh my head off every time I think of it
>>
>Sid becomes a loser
>Andy goes to college
>Sid lived in a poorer fatherless home
>Andy benefits from two parents and an upper class neighbourhood
>Sid is the villain
>Andy is a good kid

It ain't fair.
>>
>>38060433
>It's implied Sid had a dad - the scene where the dog backs away out of the room when the Buzz Lightyear ad starts playing
>At no point do we see a father figure for Andy - seems to be implies his mom is a single mom
>>
>>38060433
>Sid becomes a loser

Garbage men make a good amount of money and Andy will be dealing with student loans for a good portion of his life, don't be stupid.
>>
I thought it pretty sad that he was reduced to a loser garbage man, like the movie characterizes unshamefully.
Dude had a lot of gadgetting interests, he could easily have done a turn for the best and went to college become an engineer or doctor.
>>
>>38059990

Do you think he abused his dog, Scud?
He was a pretty angry dog.
>>
>>38060524
He might enjoy going through garbage and creating new from old. Maybe he doesn't want a high pressure job. Life isn't a competition, after all.
>>
>>38060564
He seemed to really like the dog, so no.
>>
>>38060513
At the end of the first movie his dad is there for Christmas opening presents. He also gets a younger sibling between movies. Andy has a father.

I did forget about the dad scene but the fact that hes asleep during the day and the dog is scared of him implies hes an asshole anyway.
>>
>>38060564
It was a shit breed that is prone to anger due to physiological complications, not Sid's fault, but the dog shouldn't be alive.
>>
>>38060324
>dropping them from the balcony was also cool.

Me and my sister did this, but since it was an apartment building the toys would never return.

Funniest one my sister tossed this hollow barbie doll that managed to make it into the street, a car runs over it and the thing fucking shatters sending parts and pieces fucking everywhere. We laughed to tears.

Another funny one was we tossed a bottle of white out that smashed into a car slathering it in the white goop. About an hour or so later we hear a guy screaming "WHAT THE FUCK, MY CAR. THAT WAS A NEW PAINT JOB WHO DID THIS SHIT"

Damn, kids are assholes.
>>
>>38060602
I didn't see any dad figure in the Christmas scene - just looked like it's her, the baby and Andy.

I've got mixed views about Sid's dad. The day could be a weekend where the weekend is generally seen as rest days so it doesn't see too out odd to be sleeping or napping at a weekend, and it could be that the dog knows not to wake him up when he's napping for fear of being shouted at. I do get where you're coming from though.
>>
>>38060619
Tfw Sid loved an animal no other could appreciate, one that only had animosity, and yet showed it affection. Sid was one of the kindest souls to other beings out there, but didn't know his toys were living beings.
>>
>>38060238
It wasnt disney back then. It was only pixar.

Pixar >>>>>>>>>>>> every other kids movie >>>>>>>> disney-pixar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>disney
>>
>>38060357
we need a Sid spinoff is he /ourguy/?
>>
>>38060324
I threw my friend's superman toy into a fire and made him watch it melt
>>
You guys have got to be shitting me. I was much worse than Sid with the way I played with my actions figures and toys as a kid. He was just playin' around and being a kid... Sid did nothing wrong, and now scarred for life. Poor Sid.
>>
>>38059990
Because he would eventually move on to animals, and then people. That's how it happens. The toys should have killed sid.
>>
>>38060324
Fuck yeah I did. I reenacted D-Day with my toys at the beach. Also took a lighter to my little green army men and melted some, as if they got hit by a flamethrower or napalm. I also left them out in the grass one day when the lawn got mowed... Found them in bits and pieces everywhere. Decided to use those pieces as guys hit by tanks and grenades lol.
>>
>>38062418
I'm almost 30 and I STILL want a browning torch, one of those things you get to burn marshmellows and shit, then just go to town on some plastic army men
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.