[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went through a "fake it till you make it" phase once

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1467253841764.jpg (16KB, 351x327px) Image search: [Google]
1467253841764.jpg
16KB, 351x327px
I went through a "fake it till you make it" phase once and got a bunch of friends, but it was so fucking draining that I just cut everybody off.

Do normies actually enjoy having friends or do they just have them because they're that afraid of the loner stigma?
>>
File: 1490319192111.png (36KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1490319192111.png
36KB, 300x168px
I like being alone. I find no one interesting anymore enough to approach them, if I did I'd just be pretending to be interested about them. I have no problems socially.
>>
some people find it the other way around which I find weird as fuck. I can't constantly keep a happy face

I much prefer being alone and sometimes with friends
>>
The less people you chill with the less drama.

I do think almost all people enjoy having people that they enjoy and get along with to be around. Focing yourself on people that you don't like is toxic and draining AF. I would rather be alone.

As you get older it's hard to keep friends because you have work, college, children, marriages, family members, etc. You really lose touch. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have many friends.

I find it difficult to see anyone nowadays.
>>
>>38053307
Normies have symbiotic friendships. As long as keeping a friend raises their social value they will keep the friend and pretend to act nicely towards them. However, if they ever get the chance to exchange the "friend" for something greater, they will take it, for they are not truly friends and feel no loyalty towards eachother.
>>
>tfw to retarded to fake it
>ywn make it
>>
>>38054034
>actually wanting to be a normalfag
>>
>>38053307
I have 2 friends that I made in middle school and that's it. I can talk about cool autistic shit with them all the time and they'll have equally interesting content to share with me. We're 25 now, they have jobs in the trades, while I'm struggling to find work in engineering, so I see them a whole lot less nowadays. But at the same time, while I take any opportunity to hang out with them, I still enjoy being by myself too. When I'm alone I get to work on my hobbies, work on improving myself by working out and studying new things, and so on. Even on days like this, just comfy to browse the chins and do nothing at all.

"Fake it till you make it" is arguably even worse advice than "just be yourself". I'd rather have friends with the same autistic interests than a bunch of normies who's idea of fun is to get blackout drunk on a weekend bender downtown only to deal with a 3 day hangover at their deadend job. Granted I haven't found any new friends since middle school, but honestly I'm content with hanging out with them and only them.
>>
>>38053307
I went out for dinner with a friend for the first time in 2 months a couple days ago. I kept putting him off but realized I wouldn't be able to have pleasant interactions with him at school if I didn't respond to his texts. I hate maintaining relationships with people, why don't they understand that I just want to stay home and play video games?
>>
>>38053307
Because that's not how making friends works senpai. If the moment you meet someone you fake your entire character it obviously will be unpleasant, that is precisely why you have to stick to those with whom you're most comfortable. Also, could you tell me more details about what you faked exactly and why?
>>
>>38053524
>chill with the less drama
>toxic and draining AF
I couldn't make a more tumblr white girl post even if I tried.
>>
>>38053307
Why would you even do that? The whole point of a friend is that you get along with them, enjoy their company, and have some shit in common with them. "fake it till you make it" I'd say more applies to job hunting in the sense that you lie about your qualifications and pretend to know things until you make it to a place where you want to be. That doesn't really translate for friends because having friends doesn't get you paid, it just gives you emotional comfort.
>>
>>38053307
>they just have them because they're that afraid of the loner stigma?
That's what I've been thinking since forever
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.